Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #31
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your job benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
explain this to me. Truckers can only drive, what 8 hours every 24 due to eye strain, alertness issues, etc. So why can you (or other delivery type drivers) drive more than that, in much more varied driving conditions? Im writing my congressman!

The truck is just small enough where we don't need a CDL, so I'm assuming we're not as regulated as they are.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #32
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Summers off (although I'm starting to get restless)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #33
Rendezvous32
Banned

Rendezvous32 is considered somewhat coolRendezvous32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Summers off (although I'm starting to get restless)
If I had to take a guess you work for a school? What's your job, if I was incorrect?
Rendezvous32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #34
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LOL, fine.

I work for a United Site Services. Portable toilets. We service them [clean them]. My truck has a massive tank on it, with a gigantic hose and a pump that I turn on, stick the metal tube in the toilet and it sucks everything out. I change the paper, add more water and some smelly chemical and I'm done. Whole process takes about 5 minutes.

It's just, most people can't take that. You may say you can, but wait until you get into one when It's 100 degrees out and it hasn't been serviced in a week. There's shit and blood and everything you can imagine in there. Diapers, needles, hair. The works.

This company goes through so many guys It's not even funny. 100's of people a year. They get to the toilet and just can't take it. They quit after a day or two.

Me? I don't give a f*ck. Not when I see my paycheck at the end of the week. And like I said, It's mostly driving.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #35
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You gross or net that?

If that's not too personal. What are the taxes like there?
That amount is after all the deductions and things I pay for. So net. But anything I work over 40 hours is time-and-a-half, anything that's overtime on a holiday is double pay. So it adds up quick.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous32
If I had to take a guess you work for a school? What's your job, if I was incorrect?

Work as a tutor/teacher assistant.

Was also working part time in radio, though I recently quit.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
LOL, fine.

I work for a United Site Services. Portable toilets. We service them [clean them]. My truck has a massive tank on it, with a gigantic hose and a pump that I turn on, stick the metal tube in the toilet and it sucks everything out. I change the paper, add more water and some smelly chemical and I'm done. Whole process takes about 5 minutes.

It's just, most people can't take that. You may say you can, but wait until you get into one when It's 100 degrees out and it hasn't been serviced in a week. There's shit and blood and everything you can imagine in there. Diapers, needles, hair. The works.

This company goes through so many guys It's not even funny. 100's of people a year. They get to the toilet and just can't take it. They quit after a day or two.

Me? I don't give a f*ck. Not when I see my paycheck at the end of the week. And like I said, It's mostly driving.
Much respect. Someone's got to do it.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #38
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
i'm guessing this is the job he's talking about

pete would probably feel like he's in heaven if he was a garbage man.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #39
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Much respect. Someone's got to do it.

And that someone gets paid a ridiculous amount. People driving by laughing at me and feeling sorry for me. I love it. They'd shoot themselves if they knew how much I was making.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #40
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:

edit: just red pete's post. that's much worse
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:

Those guys make good money. Nothing wrong with that kind of work at all.

And a lot of those trucks come with lifting systems now so that you don't even actually have to pick up the barrels and dump them. You pull or roll the barrel onto the lift and it hooks onto it and lifts it into the truck for you.

It's just basically, who can stand to be around trash?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #42
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
And that someone gets paid a ridiculous amount. People driving by laughing at me and feeling sorry for me. I love it. They'd shoot themselves if they knew how much I was making.
I can imagine. I'll take my 36K+ a year in net pay with my modest living. Considering I never went to college.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #43
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Those guys make good money. Nothing wrong with that kind of work at all.

And a lot of those trucks come with lifting systems now so that you don't even actually have to pick up the barrels and dump them. You pull or roll the barrel onto the lift and it hooks onto it and lifts it into the truck for you.

It's just basically, who can stand to be around trash?
Like I said, heaven for you right? It's going to bed tons better than shit and blood I would think?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #44
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What do you do Meticode?

And lets add on to this: How did you guys find/get your jobs?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
LOL, fine.

nice. I knew a guy who amassed a fortune with a portajohn company. Ended up having high-end models with satelite tv and mahogany paneling for uppity ups.

and, having lived on projects where 20+ of us had 4 of those for a week, I can tell you that you have the easy part of the job. the bad part is that hungover dump on the day before they are scheduled for their weekly cleaning.

also, you should watch this movie. I can kinda picture you as the main character and it is an excellent movie.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: