Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #61
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your job benefits?

I get no paid sick leave, overtime or vacation. I get no med or dent insurance. I'm on-call 24-7 for emergencies. I have to pay my employees even when I'm on vacation and we're generating 0 income.

I have to buy my own health, disability, and liability insurance. I pay for my own licensing fees.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #62
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I get no paid sick leave, overtime or vacation. I get no med or dent insurance. I'm on-call 24-7 for emergencies. I have to pay my employees even when I'm on vacation and we're generating 0 income.

I have to buy my own health, disability, and liability insurance. I pay for my own licensing fees.

Do you have any type of emergency funds?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #63
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Do you have your own practice or is it a partnership, LLC?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 AM   #64
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

100% medical insurance coverage, free membership at equinox gym.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #65
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

I'm a registered nurse in Socal. Benefits include: working with a ton of women (some old, some young), cool filipino coworkers that love to cook and bring awesome food. I see a ton of cool stuff everyday: at least once a month, there's a code on the floor and I'm usually the first person to get to the room to start CPR. Post-op patients with stitches or staples across the stomach or chest. I work three 12 hour shifts for full time with the fourth day 1.5 pay/hr. Good medical and dental insurance.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #66
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Re: What are your job benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
What exactly do you do? It sounds like you work in film but you insinuate you rub elbows with Spielberg. Callliiin bullshit.

I haven't worked with Speilberg yet but I have worked with some big name people (Tom Hanks, Jeffry Reiner, Rob Zombie, Weinsteins, Mike Nichols, Michael Mann, etc) and while I'm definitely still a small fish in a big pond there are some producers and actors out there who believe in me and have my back (rare breed of quick wit, the improv is insanely on point, you wouldn't believe I smoke pot). I've tried to get my hands into different things (camera, set lighting, editing) with shorts, web series, etc but my primary job has been in the assitant director department on features and TV shows- I've nearly completed the DGA (director's guild) requisite- currently I can work DGA 3rd area (meaning anywhere that isn't NY or LA) or anything low budget (below 14 mil I believe) or, obviously, anything non-union. Right now I work on that NBC show "The Event". Directing/Assistant Directing is not exactly what I thought it would be, not something I'd like to spend my whole life doing, and will simply be the lesser of many evils and a nice check. I'm SAG and AFTRA (the actors' unions) and have had a few acting jobs along the way- I do have some performance ambition but it's not my primary drive. I'd like to have some fun little character roles but I think I'll enjoy that the most when I'm writing them myself. My LA end game is to be in the WGA (writer's guild) - obviously best case scenario with that is writing features but I wouldn't mind getting on a series that I believe in either (most writers don't get to just pop out screenplays for a living) and milking the shit out of that. I'd like to take a few million off of these hollyweird f*ckers and then probably get some land and raise dogs and relax. I'm not trying to be a big shot, I always wanted my "career" to be creative or noble- I have no talent for music or fine art so I went the film route, if I'm not feeling satisfied with where I'm at in 5-10 years I'll go build houses in Honduras or something. The socio-economic status game isn't my thing.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #67
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I haven't worked with Speilberg yet but I have worked with some big name people (Tom Hanks, Jeffry Reiner, Rob Zombie, Weinsteins, Mike Nichols, Michael Mann, etc) and while I'm definitely still a small fish in a big pond there are some producers and actors out there who believe in me and have my back (rare breed of quick wit, the improv is insanely on point, you wouldn't believe I smoke pot). I've tried to get my hands into different things (camera, set lighting, editing) with shorts, web series, etc but my primary job has been in the assitant director department on features and TV shows- I've nearly completed the DGA (director's guild) requisite- currently I can work DGA 3rd area (meaning anywhere that isn't NY or LA) or anything low budget (below 14 mil I believe) or, obviously, anything non-union. Right now I work on that NBC show "The Event". Directing/Assistant Directing is not exactly what I thought it would be, not something I'd like to spend my whole life doing, and will simply be the lesser of many evils and a nice check. I'm SAG and AFTRA (the actors' unions) and have had a few acting jobs along the way- I do have some performance ambition but it's not my primary drive. I'd like to have some fun little character roles but I think I'll enjoy that the most when I'm writing them myself. My LA end game is to be in the WGA (writer's guild) - obviously best case scenario with that is writing features but I wouldn't mind getting on a series that I believe in either (most writers don't get to just pop out screenplays for a living) and milking the shit out of that. I'd like to take a few million off of these hollyweird f*ckers and then probably get some land and raise dogs and relax. I'm not trying to be a big shot, I always wanted my "career" to be creative or noble- I have no talent for music or fine art so I went the film route, if I'm not feeling satisfied with where I'm at in 5-10 years I'll go build houses in Honduras or something. The socio-economic status game isn't my thing.

In other words folks - I'll be 53 years old waiting tables at Olive Garden when it's all said and done. Grinding them Fri, Sat nights to serve others so he can make bank to pay shared bills with whomever. Oh wait, it's all good though... b/c in the process LD's a rebel and stickin' it to the man! ...

WTF dude... I hate 'the man' as much as you do. I hate corporate America. I hate our government. I hate the direction of our nation. However, at least I can say I'm living a noble, comfortable life with mega benefits and have been for quite sometime now.

I don't like the rat race... but hey, that's life. You're banking on hopeless dreams and crap shoot chances where the Gods obviously are not on your side, otherwise you'd already be someone by now. Unfortunately, you're not. You're just the next useless millionth wanna be hollywood make it famous lost average joe. Nothing special about you. Not in RL anyway. Tough titty brugh. Whatever floats ur boat mang.

I'm not living 'the dream' or like you are. My job is boring. It gets old. I make it interesting the best way I can. I envy you in a way, b/c you do whatever you want and still get by... whereas I work a job that is paying bills +++++ ... but am I really happy? That's where you have leverage my friend. Yet still, I cant help but think there has to be a day when you finally give in and say "OK... I'm not the next star" ... and just realize time to work like us regular folk. That's just life mang. You're 32. Nice. I'm confident you'll be posting here in the next five years and still at ground zero. Wake up dude, dreams are dreams. Ambition is useless without luck. God and Satan are pulling strings to fill who is and who isn't the next 'superstar' ... and for some reason or another... you're not on the list. Probably a blessing in disguise.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #68
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

your reading and comprehension skills need some work.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 AM   #69
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
your reading comprehension skills need some work.

I guess so. I must have missed something.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #70
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I guess so. I must have missed something.

you did. talk to god about it.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 AM   #71
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
you did. talk to god about it.

Dood, how much do you get paid for those Free Credit Report commercials you do?
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #72
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
Dood, how much do you get paid for those Free Credit Report commercials you do?

no cash but I get free credit reports and I get to keep the wardrobe
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #73
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm still only an intern so not much. I get to work from home a lot and there are a lot of corporate discounts I can take advantage of.

Used to work retail back in the day. Got the standard 20-25% off with the occasional day of bigger discounts for employees. When I worked at Dick's sporting goods, they would run a ton of promotions with certain brands of running shoes for employees. The brands that ran the most were Brooks, Mizuno, and Saucony. Not well known (which is why they ran these promotions), but they make quality shoes. Basically you sell a certain amount of their shoes and you get a free pair or other free stuff. Got at least 4 or 5 free pairs of high end running shoes working there less than a year.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #74
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
no cash but I get free credit reports and I get to keep the wardrobe

and you're on TV, so your band is getting some exposure, and TECHNICALLY not selling out.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #75
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
and you're on TV, so your band is getting some exposure, and TECHNICALLY not selling out.

exactly. my bass player filled in for the Greg Kihn Band bassist at the Illinois state fair this summer. no better exposure than a national ad
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: