Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #76
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are your job benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
exactly. my bass player filled in for the Greg Kihn Band bassist at the Illinois state fair this summer. no better exposure than a national ad

bass player = weak link.

not a good sign, time to go solo kid, you got the chops, quit busking for all the tourists on Melrose and start hitting the club scene HARD.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #77
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I'll go ahead and say this: it was lame of me to come into this thread and act all butt hurt from my post. I'm not butt hurt, but more or less curious as to why you LD as smart and crafty as you is (which you are) is still trying to live the dream. I know you a rebel dawg... you take the high road all that baba, but at some point in your life dude you will want to settle down, a fam maybe? You can do ample things I'm sure with your wit and creativity... I'm just scratching my head at why you feel like it has to be the 'Hollywood' way.

If you're so concerned about putting your name out there then try a different avenue. You're no doubt cool, sharp, etc... so you can easily do just about anything you want. Why are you so hell bent on living the LA dream? That shit is garbage man.

This world is fu*king trash. And you want to fit in with the other stars in the limelight that it makes up? If you're such a rebel dude... do something with your life that's positive and worthwhile ... the fame, cash, stardom is all a gimmick for a moment... instead, do something that will please you know... the man upstairs. That's the real glory my friend. Think about it.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #78
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I'll go ahead and say this: it was lame of me to come into this thread and act all butt hurt from my post. I'm not butt hurt, but more or less curious as to why you LD as smart and crafty as you is (which you are) is still trying to live the dream. I know you a rebel dawg... you take the high road all that baba, but at some point in your life dude you will want to settle down, a fam maybe? You can do ample things I'm sure with your wit and creativity... I'm just scratching my head at why you feel like it has to be the 'Hollywood' way.

If you're so concerned about putting your name out there then try a different avenue. You're no doubt cool, sharp, etc... so you can easily do just about anything you want. Why are you so hell bent on living the LA dream? That shit is garbage man.

This world is fu*king trash. And you want to fit in with the other stars in the limelight that it makes up? If you're such a rebel dude... do something with your life that's positive and worthwhile ... the fame, cash, stardom is all a gimmick for a moment... instead, do something that will please you know... the man upstairs. That's the real glory my friend. Think about it.

Just when I thought you were cool.

LD is in an industry, there are various paths to stability in said industry.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #79
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I'm not going to lie. I admire Lamar Doom. Sometimes I think about what's really the point of going to work for a big corporation like I'll be doing. I mean, they'll practically own me. I'm sure I'll enjoy it but I'm not sure if it will really be WORTH it. Or if it will really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. I look at videos of Danny Macaskill riding a bike in the beautiful countrysides and castles of Scotland. And here I am studying how drill for oil. Not saying I don't think it's useless but I would love to have that type of skill or talent of something. I'm sure there's millions out there that share the same sentiment. Life could be way worse though.

I just hope I get to travel around so I don't become bored. I don't think I could ever just go random places on little money. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive and when I hit rock bottom, I' call up my parents to bum off them and pretty much have nothing to fall back on (assuming I wouldn't have a college degree).
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #80
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
Just when I thought you were cool.

LD is in an industry, there are various paths to stability in said industry.

That doesn't make sense AD. Excuse my ignorance.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 AM   #81
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I'm not going to lie. I admire Lamar Doom. Sometimes I think about what's really the point of going to work for a big corporation like I'll be doing. I mean, they'll practically own me. I'm sure I'll enjoy it but I'm not sure if it will really be WORTH it. Or if it will really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. I look at videos of Danny Macaskill riding a bike in the beautiful countrysides and castles of Scotland. And here I am studying how drill for oil. Not saying I don't think it's useless but I would love to have that type of skill or talent of something. I'm sure there's millions out there that share the same sentiment. Life could be way worse though.

I just hope I get to travel around so I don't become bored. I don't think I could ever just go random places on little money. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive and when I hit rock bottom, I' call up my parents to bum off them and pretty much have nothing to fall back on (assuming I wouldn't have a college degree).

It's one thing to admire the dream, but also realize the dream is just that, a dream. When there's a million dreamers and one superstar in the mix, chances are you're getting lost in the chaos and confusion. The good life isn't based on a million to one crap shoot... it's based on understanding the world around you, knowing your value, and taking what's yours. Unfortunately, the Hollywood industry doesn't work that way. However, the RW does. That's the point I'm trying to get across to LD.

Hell, he could start his own business doing something. He doesn't have to have a 'boss' ... he can be 'the man' and whatnot... it just takes courage and ambition to know you can do it ... he's witty and sharp enough to think of SOMETHING... yet he's still banking on this hollywood 'big break' bullshit.

sad shit.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #82
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Re: What are your job benefits?

Quote:

again, I think you've got stuck in your head that I'm some superficial glory seeker out here to live some hollywood entourage dream and I think that's based on your ignorance of how the industry works and some misconceptions about me and hollywood that you've latched onto. I work 60-80 hour weeks, there isn't much glory in it. It's freelance by definition but it's steady for the most part and as legit as an insurance job. The main difference is I'm on a film set and not in an office. Also we only work for the run of the show so we get time off in between (can be weeks or months pending what's next). I'm not trying to fit in with limelight stars, I'm not trying to get my name out there. I love film, I enjoy being part of the creative process, ideally I'll get (paid) to make some of my own stuff instead of lending myself to other's projects but if not I'm comfortably employed, can raise a family whenever I choose to, and working a perfectly legit career path. I don't love my job every day but I'm not bored and it's closer to "the dream" than most professions. I'm not waiting on some "big break" - that's something you keep trying to pin on me and it's simply not true.

Again, you just don't really know what you're talking about.

Sad shit.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 12-14-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #83
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

This world is fu*king trash. And you want to fit in with the other stars in the limelight that it makes up? If you're such a rebel dude... do something with your life that's positive and worthwhile ... the fame, cash, stardom is all a gimmick for a moment... instead, do something that will please you know... the man upstairs. That's the real glory my friend. Think about it<--hahaha

Quote:
It's one thing to admire the dream, but also realize the dream is just that, a dream. When there's a million dreamers and one superstar in the mix, chances are you're getting lost in the chaos and confusion. The good life isn't based on a million to one crap shoot... it's based on understanding the world around you, knowing your value, and taking what's yours. Unfortunately, the Hollywood industry doesn't work that way. However, the RW does. That's the point I'm trying to get across to LD.

you're one of the most openly f*cked up people on this forum, it makes me laugh how consistently you feel you're in a position to drop knowledge about life. You can save the advice for future reference, I think you're a big time dip shit with nothing to offer me. thanks dude.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #84
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
again, I think you've got stuck in your head that I'm some superficial glory seeker out here to live some hollywood entourage dream and I think that's based on your ignorance of how the industry works and some misconceptions about me and hollywood that you've latched onto. I work 60-80 hour weeks, there isn't much glory in it. It's freelance by definition but it's steady for the most part and as legit as an insurance job. The main difference is I'm on a film set and not in an office. Also we only work for the run of the show so we get time off in between (can be weeks or months pending what's next). I'm not trying to fit in with limelight stars, I'm not trying to get my name out there. I love film, I enjoy being part of the creative process, ideally I'll get (paid) to make some of my own stuff instead of lending myself to other's projects but if not I'm comfortably employed, can raise a family whenever I choose to, and working a perfectly legit career path. I don't love my job every day but I'm not bored and it's closer to "the dream" than most professions. I'm not waiting on some "big break" - that's something you keep trying to pin on me and it's simply not true.

Again, you just don't really know what you're talking about.

Sad shit.

Good points. All well said. I was actually posting something in length then suddenly it all got ghost b/c of some key being pressed that took me back or some ish... but oh well... LOL ... I was giving props for you being you... and saying basically with your talents of knowing the Hollywood industry, you should look into doing something that hasn't been done before like offering a service or something unique that is new to the industry itself product wise... hell I dont know... but with your creativity there has to be something you could work up... errrr sounded much better in my original post post but fu*k it.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #85
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

anyways, sorry to cut our conversation short, I've got to open at the Olive Garden in the AM. Fingers crossed some Hollywood big shot comes in and discovers me!!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #86
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Those Free Credit Report commercials are dope as caca LD. F*ck LoJ and his givin up on life and finding the good book.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #87
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
anyways, sorry to cut our conversation short, I've got to open at the Olive Garden in the AM. Fingers crossed some Hollywood big shot comes in and discovers me!!

Yep ... have a good one. Hope you get nice tips.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #88
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
Those Free Credit Report commercials are dope as caca LD. F*ck LoJ and his givin up on life and finding the good book.

One post you're like 'LOJ is awesome' ... another you're like 'fu*k LOJ'

Come on mang... you flip the script more than a bit*h on tha rag. Make up your mind before I rape it.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #89
SittingWolf
I airball my layups

SittingWolf has decent reputation

another thread of LD shitting all over the childlike and bald headed LOJ.... business as usual in the otc
SittingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #90
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingWolf
another thread of LD shitting all over the childlike and bald headed LOJ.... business as usual in the otc

Yep... LOJ put in his place... again. You're who by the way?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: