Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #31
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

And any christian has never done crap to me when I tell them there isn't any god and in 100 years it will be proven when technology advances, they just "God will repay you for that!" and god hasen't done **** to me. I'm better off than most christians.

And the ones who did wanna start **** over it I just told them to forgive me and they had to in order to avoid getting out of favor with that god guy.

haha, I love it.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #32
El Seano
Hey Boston! **** you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueKnicksFan
I looked her up. I really don't think there is an explanantion

When they say God works in mysterious ways, thats because "they" have seen Joan Rivers.
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #33
Hawker
Banned

lol.

ok so this is what i have so far.

-gay marriage is unnatural in that they dont reproduce
-it can lead into beastality and 3 way marriages
-they only want to marry for tax breaks
-it will be hard on the child who doesnt have a mother

Anything else? O and knickfan4life i thought u were just some wrecking dumbass but i didnt know u were actually intelligent on subjects. I shouldnt have judged u, my bad.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #34
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
And any christian has never done crap to me when I tell them there isn't any god and in 100 years it will be proven when technology advances, they just "God will repay you for that!" and god hasen't done **** to me. I'm better off than most christians.

And the ones who did wanna start **** over it I just told them to forgive me and they had to in order to avoid getting out of favor with that god guy.

haha, I love it.
Technology has been advancing for thousands of years. Where have you been? Posting on ISH? If the bible could be proven false than it would have been by now. I wouldn't forgive you. And don't say you are better off than most christians $40,000 income boy. I would tell you what a d0uchebag you are and that you have a sad life with no goal at the end. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for you tmacs, your probably too busy posting on ISH to chase it anyway.

And another point about the forgiving thing. These are probably uninformed Christians. Because in the Old Testament it talks about striking down your enemys. Get some knowledge before you come with your next terrible joke.
TheTrueKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #35
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

Quote:
O and knickfan4life i thought u were just some wrecking dumbass but i didnt know u were actually intelligent on subjects. I shouldnt have judged u, my bad.
I take pride in knowing everything about things that are important to me.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #36
Hawker
Banned

good to know.

What about financial reasons why gays would want to get married?

What benefits do married people receive?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

The family is the thing hurt most by gay marriage. Family is the foundation of society and so it follows that the breakdown of the family will result in the breakdown of society. Presently, families in general are in disarray. Fathers are leaving families and young men are being raised by single mothers, especially in urban communities. In some situations, it can't be helped, but in others, it can. The best situation for a child is to have both a father and mother in his or her life. Both parents offer different things in the raising of a child, so a child that has both a monther and a father has a more complete upbringing in comparison to someone raised only by a father or a mother.

The thing with gay marriage is that first, a couple can't have children naturally. Secondly, the child is deprived of having both of the parents he or she deserves. A woman alone can't fully show a young man how to be a real man. A man alone can't show a young man how to love and treat a woman. There are of course situations where there are exceptions, but gay marriage simply exacerbates a situation that is already grave. Divioce is rampant in this society and many kids are growing up without one of their parents, fathers in particular. What will happen when even more children are faced with this because of gay marriage. This is just one of the reasons against gay marriage.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #38
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

Quote:
The family is the thing hurt most by gay marriage. Family is the foundation of society and so it follows that the breakdown of the family will result in the breakdown of society.
Thumbs up.

Right now in History class i'm learning about the Roman Empire as well as Greek History. THe Roman Empire was decadent(might be spelled worng). America has many similaritys to the Roman Empire and I fear that America is becoming decadent. Eventually, the ROman Empire crumbled. Because they didn't hold up government tradition, and wars. If America changes the original rules laid down then we are in danger of becoming decadent. Society as we know it will fall if things like gay marrage start happening. We have to learn from the past, or it is bound to repeat itself.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #39
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
What will happen when even more children are faced with this because of gay marriage. This is just one of the reasons against gay marriage.

Elaborate on this please maxfly.

trueknicksfan what type of traditions similar to ours did the Roman Empire slip on. That is a good arguement.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #40
Mr. V
I brick open layups

First you should ask what is the marrige. After they´ve given their definiton of marrige yell "so STFU!" and slap them in the face
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #41
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
The bible has been analyzed sentence by sentence for the last couple centuries, and not ONE piece of evidence has been provided by the scientific community that refutes anything the bible says.
Countless scientists have dedicated their lives to disproving the bible and it has yet to happen.

I've got a question for all of you who are pro gay marriage:
Is it okay for a man to marry his sister?

penny wtf. the bible has been analyzed sentence by sentence but the goal isnt to prove it right or wrong.

but science HAS proven that if you take the bible literally theres a lot of tall tales in there. water morphing into wine? walking on water? seven headed dragons? returning from the dead?

and can you please provide proof that there are scientists slaving away over biblical texts and are unable to find anything that science would be able to debunk?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #42
Rameek
Krust Kingz

[quote=Hawker]lol.

ok so this is what i have so far.

-gay marriage is unnatural in that they dont reproduce
-it can lead into beastality and 3 way marriages
-they only want to marry for tax breaks
-it will be hard on the child who doesnt have a mother
[quote]

I would suggest you do some real research rather than post here...
this beastality 3 way marriages is absolutely ridiculous, they want tax breaks is inaccurate by law they want to have similar rights as married couples to make financial and medical decisions for there life partners. It would be hard on a the child that doesnt have a mother/father is ludicrous 2 parents should love a child. Next people are going to say homosexuals are all pedophiles...

unfortunately religion is the only real reason to be against homosexual marriages. There is no scientific or legal reason to be against it.

Yes romans and greeks were homosexual and the sole purpose to marry was procreation... if you delve deeper you will find they were having same sex trist men with boys as young as 13...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #43
Hehe
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Gay marriage is unnatural in that they dont reproduce ]

You could get shut down by your opponent bringing up normal, childress marriages. What if the man can't get it up? No marriage for him?

Quote:
It can lead into beastality and 3 way marriages

This is called a 'slippery slope fallacy'. Also, they could bring up the fact that 2 consenting adults doesn't equal abusing your pet chihuahua.

Quote:
they only want to marry for tax breaks

Ok, but straight people can do the same thing.

Quote:
it will be hard on the child who doesnt have a mother

I really think you should focus on the family side of things. Not a lot of studies done on gay couples with children. I don't think it could be good not to have a mom and dad tho.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #44
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

Quote:
water morphing into wine? walking on water?
I take the bible differently than others. I change the beliefs a little bit. The bible was not written by Jesus, so I think the storys like that were sybolizing stuff.

BTW, scientist have proven that depending on the temperature and how much of the water was frozen, that Jesus could have actually walked on it.
Quote:
seven headed dragons
Stuff like that was merely a vision that John had, and recorded, get your facts straight.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #45
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueKnicksFan
I take the bible differently than others. I change the beliefs a little bit. The bible was not written by Jesus, so I think the storys like that were sybolizing stuff.

BTW, scientist have proven that depending on the temperature and how much of the water was frozen, that Jesus could have actually walked on it.

Stuff like that was merely a vision that John had, and recorded, get your facts straight.
frozen water in that part of asia middle east???
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: