Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Fantasy Football - This Guy vs That Guy vs This Guy vs That Guy... etc.

First on my list:

QB:
Tony Romo vs. Tom Brady

RB:
Ryan Mathews vs. Shonn Green vs. Rashard Mendenhal

CJ Spiller vs Javid Best vs Marion Barber

WR:
Terrell Owens vs. Lee Evans vs. Mike Wallace vs. Steve Breaston

(strictly for backup in 2nd half of the season)
Santonio Holmes vs. Sidney Rice vs. Vincent Jackson

TE:
Jermichael Finley vs Owen Daniels

I can keep on going... so I'll just leave it at that for now.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football - This Guy vs That Guy vs This Guy vs That Guy... etc.

Romo vs. Brady is hard...I go Romo for homer reasons, might as well, makes it more fun...

I would probably take Mathews over Green and Mendenhall...they gave him the ball like 100 times against Dallas and he ripped us up...it is very clear they plan on using him a ton this year, and sitting Sproles alot...

also Mendenhall has looked bad in the preseason...

Spiller vs. Best vs. Barber...I have no idea...I haven't seen any of Best but I think he is supposed to get the bulk...but he is a rookie and a small rookie at that...Barber is supposed to get redzone touches which makes him valueble and he played with a torn quad all last year, this year he is supposedly 100%....

Spiller looks awesome too...IDK, those 3 could all do great or bust...all high risk reward I think...

I would take Owens over all the others you listed, I am convinced he will be "something" there...perhaps event the #1 for Carson...

would take Vincent and Holmes over Rice now...impossible to know what rice will come back like...hip surgery is no joke

I like Finely over Daniels...

that's all I got...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football - This Guy vs That Guy vs This Guy vs That Guy... etc.

QB:
Tony Romo vs. Tom Brady

Toss-up really. I think Romo could have to best stat year of any QB tho so I'd lean towards him.

RB:

I'll take Shonn Green. They lost Faneca and will prob give Sanchez some more wiggle room but they are still going to hand it off the Green a TON. All 3 are really close imo.

Gimme Spiller. Best and Barber are high injury risk and Spiller is the most dynamic player.

WR:

TO. Only one I would consider having a better year is Mike Wallace and he still needs to prove he can be effective against top corners.

Santonio. Who knows what will happen with Jackson and Rice will have a tough time recovering.

TE:

Basically a wash for me. Both play with really good QB's in pass happy offenses.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
WR:

TO. Only one I would consider having a better year is Mike Wallace and he still needs to prove he can be effective against top corners.

IDK man... I see TO only getting 6TDs and 750 yards at max.... Cincy has serious depth at WR and they have a nice rookie TE.

Lee Evans is basically the #1 in Buffalo... if he stays healthy he has to put up 1,000 yards.

Mike Wallace could end up with more production than Hines Ward

Steve Breaston will have more passes thrown his way now that Boldin is gone... but he has a new QB.

give me Lee Evans.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Why do Romo v. Brady? It's not like anyone would be upset with either of those guys on your fantasy team.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #6
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Why do Romo v. Brady? It's not like anyone would be upset with either of those guys on your fantasy team.

Well, there is no bigger Cowboy fan on this forum.... and I personally think Brady is the right pick.

The Pats don't have the same great defense they use to have, they don't have a good running back, I think Brady will have several games where he needs to pass in order to win.

Wade Phillips will run the ball and rely on his defense as much as he can... because he has the tools to do it this year unlike the Pats.

Bottom line... the correct answer is Brady (AND I'M A COWBOY FAN)

BRADY = 4,500 YARDS, 31 TDs, 12 INTs
ROMO = 4,100 YARDS, 26 TDs, 14 INTs
Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
IDK man... I see TO only getting 6TDs and 750 yards at max.... Cincy has serious depth at WR and they have a nice rookie TE.

Lee Evans is basically the #1 in Buffalo... if he stays healthy he has to put up 1,000 yards.

Mike Wallace could end up with more production than Hines Ward

Steve Breaston will have more passes thrown his way now that Boldin is gone... but he has a new QB.

give me Lee Evans.
Evans has only reached 1,000 yards twice in 6 seasons (once barely) and has never missed a game. So in that you've got a guy you know can stay healthy but he's usually an 800 yard type.

I'd also throw out there Trent Edwards. Not only the fact that he sucks, but only 2 of Evans 7 TD's last year came from Trent. And in '08 when Edwards played the full season Evans only had 3 TD's, 2 from Trent. TE just doesn't have the arm to chuck it deep for Evans.

Here is Evans' game log last season when Edwards was the QB:

Week 1: 3 catches, 25 yards
Week 2: 1 catch, 32 yars, TD
Week 3: 4 catches, 31 yards
Week 4: 2 catches, 60 yards
Week 5: 2 catches, 11 yards
Week 10: 4 catches, 50 yards, 2 TD's (only 1 from Trent)

Last edited by Posterize246 : 08-26-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brady
Mendenhal is the most proven.
Spiller, I know Barber is more proven, but I always thought he was rather overrated and I liked what I saw from Spiller against the Colts.
TO
Jackson, the Chargers should trade him to the Skins, but apparently they don't want to trade him
Finley
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Evans has only reached 1,000 yards twice in 6 seasons (once barely) and has never missed a game. So in that you've got a guy you know can stay healthy but he's usually an 800 yard type.

I'd also throw out there Trent Edwards. Not only the fact that he sucks, but only 2 of Evans 7 TD's last year came from Trent. And in '08 when Edwards played the full season Evans only had 3 TD's, 2 from Trent. TE just doesn't have the arm to chuck it deep for Evans.

Here is Evans' game log last season when Edwards was the QB:

Week 1: 3 catches, 25 yards
Week 2: 1 catch, 32 yars, TD
Week 3: 4 catches, 31 yards
Week 4: 2 catches, 60 yards
Week 5: 2 catches, 11 yards
Week 10: 4 catches, 50 yards, 2 TD's (only 1 from Trent)

This is good info on Lee Evans... but the fact of the matter is that he has put up 1,000 yard seasons before... 2/6 ain't bad... maybe he will go 3/7?

for all you people picking TO... do you guys realize the amount of depth they have at WR in Cinncy? Bryant, Ocho, Jones, Shipley, Gresham... I think TO might not get as many passes thrown his way compared to the other three.

If Rothlisburger wasn't suspended for 6 games I'd go with Mike Wallace.

If Warner was back for another year I'd go with Breaston.

TO, Breaston, and Wallace are all #2 WRs on the team... and Evans is the #1.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
First on my list:

QB:
Tony Romo vs. Tom Brady

RB:

WR:

TE:

-
-
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Robert Meachem or Bernard Berrian?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With Rice out, I'd probably go with Berrian
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default ..

Quote:
First on my list:

QB:
Tony Romo vs. Tom Brady

No real reason, just a preference.

RB:
Ryan Mathews vs. Shonn Green vs. Rashard Mendenhall

Green looked great last year and he's on a run oriented team. Mendenhall is going to have to provide everything for pittsburgh and I think he will have some trouble. Mathews is still unproven.

Barber is always hurt. If Spiller was on any team other than Buffalo he would probably be a bit better this year. Best on the other hand I think will score in so many ways and get the ball a ton. He's going to look like Percy Harvin did last year.

WR:

Cincy has some serious WR depth. Lee Evans was only successful when he had a #1 WR on the other side of the field. All of Buffalo's QBs are terrible. He will suffer for the same reason Spiller will suffer. Bad, bad, bad team. I think even with Pittsburgh's QB decision up in the air Wallace proved last year that he will be a force. He's still going to be a big time WR. Arizona also has some pretty good WR depth that might keep the ball out of Breaston's hands. Not to mention the QB issue.

Sanchez is still a work in progress. Rice is going to be coming off a serious surgery. As long as he stays in SD (and signs) Jackson will have a good QB throwing to him.

TE:

Pretty easy decision here. Finley seems to be one of Rodgers favorite targets. He's only going to get better. Daniels is coming off of a season ending injury.

Quote:
Robert Meachem or Bernard Berrian?
The Saints have too many options to bank on anybody other than Colston to get consistent points at WR. Meachem looked great last year but he's still probably not even the teams #2 yet. Berrian may be the #1 passing option with Harvin having issues and Rice out for half the season.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 AM   #14
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Montario Hardesty or Arian Foster?
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Montario Hardesty or Arian Foster?

Hardesty apparently has looked great so far. There's always the question of how much Jerome Harrison will take away from him, and the passing game isn't so hot in Cleveland. Foster fumbled twice against the Saints last week if I remember right. The good news is Tate is done and Slaton is a fumbling machine. I think Foster is still the leading man in Houston.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: