Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: The Fountain opens tomorrow

This is the most highly anticipated movie of the year for me because it is by acclaimed director Darren Aronofsky, who also happens to be my favorite director. It's a hard film to explain, but here's a short summary from another site.

Quote:
"Three parallel stories -- involving spirituality, love, and the fragility of existence -- as told through the life of Thomas, a man on a thousand-year journey to save the woman he loves. His epic journey begins as a conquistador in sixteenth-century Spain, where he commences his search for the Tree of Life, the legendary entity believed to grant eternal life to those who consume its sap. As a modern-day scientist, he desperately fights to find a cure for the cancer ravaging his beloved wife. Traveling through deep space as a twenty-sixth-century astronaut, he finally begins to grasp the mysteries of life which have fascinated him for more than a century."

Know that you will only enjoy this film, if you actually take the time to pay attention during it, it's a film that you may find pretentious, but my also find life changing, I think it's worth a shot. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IP_Rjx4wVY
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

its currently getting ***** slapped by critics.

it looks like one of those movies that will either be the best movie ever or a complete and utter piece of pretentious trash and there is no way it will be anything in between.

didn't that guy make Requiem for a Dream?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I saw it last night at the critics screening.

It's no 2001 which I was hoping it would be, ya know, those movies that noone but film geeks get for 10 years, but it was good. Nice visuals. Kind of slow. It's gonna bomb horribly but it's worth a rental.

I'm actually very disapointed in it. I had high hopes for it cause I think Aronofsky is the best young filmmaker of this era but it wasn't very good.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I preferred Pi to Requiem. But I liked both enough to probably go see this. Although I wasn't that thrilled with the previews I saw.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I really hope I'm not let down.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #6
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Gonna finally see it tonight. Been waiting a long time. It's gotten pretty mixed reviews, so my expectations aren't quite as high as they used to be, but they're still high.

Was also thinking about seein The Pick of Destiny or Bobby.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: