Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #16
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

And my tag's complete bulls#!t. I mean, I don't even like 50 Cent.

But seriously posters that bring the board down? I don't flame at posters, I have responded a couple of times when I've been provoked, and the posts that I do make I don't insult anyone but calmly state my opinions. There's ton of posters running around here with s#!t for brains flaming up the forum and getting off scott free.

And in my heyday I didn't bring the board down. I was unconventional. I accept full responsibility for the racism schtick and regret those actions considerably. Just because that s#!t's not funny. I was a punk kid and learned. And to judge me by those same old standards when I haven't been near as CLOSE to raucous as then is unjustified.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #17
IamtheWalrus
Banned

its because the insidehoops guy is biased towards some of its posters
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Nice thread.

We need more personalized positive threads, because most of us can tell who is an idiot just by the way they post.

Positive subtitles, would be like rep but without the shortcomings of it
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #19
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I just love the ones that are nice and simple like Walrus'. "I'm simple minded". And the walrus picture is just the icing on the cake. I'm not a big fan of the long sentence ones like Texas Batman's
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #20
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
It is insensitive and hypocritical. The purpose of the tags is to isolate the people who bring the board down but you do so doing the exact same things they do. So you're repeating the cycle. Now if that posters who is the Mentally Retarded one is posting how the board asks for and some posters disagrees with thier post and calls them the TAG NAME. Are they right? Seems so. So now everyone can call the person Mentally Retarded because the bright scholar came up with the tag.

Gotta love how the "punishment" ends up blowing in the mods face

oldschool = kramer

I would like to see the exact opposite accomplished with my idea. Leave the negative tags if they're deserved. But even though they got tagged with something negative they still put some effort into all their posts which built this reputation, even it being bad. That just adds to the character of the board. I think there's another problem that exists on here. What's the one thing that some of the posters hang on to here so dearly? Post Counts. I find there is more lack of quality due to the posters who race for quantity. ( I know sizz has the highest post count and got there in a hurry. This is no shot at him, I love the guy). If the mods rewarded a poster with a good reputation (tag name) and has solid posting skills, regardless of high posts, and say gave one out every two months, it would give some posters something to strive for by posting positively and not being obvious post monsters. I think people would be more envious of good rep than a high post count. It may bring up the quality of the board. Positive re-enforcment. Somethign I try to persue with my management team. So far it works great!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #21
Hawker
Banned

I have a bad rep b/c i dont know as much as everyone else does about basketball. Not really my fault but while reading this board i have learned alot.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I have a bad rep b/c i dont know as much as everyone else does about basketball. Not really my fault but while reading this board i have learned alot.
the key is to admit when you are wrong and not continue looking stupid.

...and something about "learning from your mistakes"....
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #23
Hawker
Banned

i dont know when im saying something dumb so ya.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #24
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
i dont know when im saying something dumb so ya.
if everyone is saying you are wrong, you're probably are; however, there are exceptions like when I said salmons would have a better year than wells or when I said the Kev Martin will be an allstar in a couple of years
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #25
Hawker
Banned

just because peopel say im wrong doesnt mean its dumb.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Your right. But if everyone says you are wrong, there is a good chance that you might be
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: