Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 16 months booze-free today

I'm feeling pretty good. A lot healthier than when I was drinking, but I'm thinking about starting up having casual beers with friends, I miss that, especially in the summer. Nothing like a cold beer.

I think I'll just stay away from all spirits for life. They make me crazy.

Has anyone else here quit for a long period before?
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 16 months booze-free today

I quit for Lent a few years back. That was a long six weeks.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I think you should celebrate with some bubbly.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I'm having a beer right now u mad?
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Ok now I don't feel like the biggest jackass in this thread.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boo!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Wow! Respect

you lying a-hole...lol jk
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

Nope. I'm feeling really good. I'm missing the social aspect more than anything. It's not the same drinking ginger ale while everyone else has beer.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Here I am making threads about getting drunk everyday and you haven't had an ounce in over a year. If only I had your will, not really that, just the will to keep it to a couple beers a day and not getting totally smashed.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I'm feeling pretty good. A lot healthier than when I was drinking, but I'm thinking about starting up having casual beers with friends, I miss that, especially in the summer. Nothing like a cold beer.

I think I'll just stay away from all spirits for life. They make me crazy.

Has anyone else here quit for a long period before?

If you were a heavy drinker i advice u not to drink again even if it is only beer. You will soon enough start the heavy stuff again.

It's like the cigarette you can't just have 3 light cigarettes a month u must quit them forever

But i feel your pain man it must suck not to be able to drink. Just don't do it if it messes up your health.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Congratulations! Very impressive.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
If you were a heavy drinker i advice u not to drink again even if it is only beer. You will soon enough start the heavy stuff again.

Thanks for the advice, but you're a kid and you don't know the situation.

Basically, I quit due to having alcoholism in my genes. I'm not someone who comes home depressed and cracks open a bottle of booze, I've never been that guy. I'm the guy who'll challenge you at the bar to down beers one after the other, then I'd start drinking all kids of crazy shit.

I use to get into fights with morons that if sober, I would avoid, I'd often say things that I would regret to girls I'm with and in general party too hard.

I once took over a bar in Korea drunk and served drinks to everyone, but I'd only make one kind of drink. My friend told me in the morning that it somehow tasted fruity, despite being mainly alcohol.

I could post about 100 pages of moronic shit, so I probably shouldn't drink again. I think I'm actually going to speak to a counselor about it. That;s probably the smart thing to do.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my feat!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89

It's like the cigarette you can't just have 3 light cigarettes a month u must quit them forever

But i feel your pain man it must suck not to be able to drink. Just don't do it if it messes up your health.
thats just not true. plenty of people can handle social drinking or smoking and not fall back into addiction. It takes a strong will, but its certainly possible.

also, ced, why did you quit? GF didnt like your whiskey dick?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
also, ced, why did you quit? GF didnt like your whiskey dick?

I quit because the stuff I was doing was becoming more and more hurtful to people around me. I'd be the fun party guy sometimes that everyone wants to be around, but could quickly change into a selfish jerk capable of being a real prick. The thing is, when I'm a prick, I'm usually black-out drunk..... so I don't remember what I've done wrong, and then I get even more agitated.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I quit because the stuff I was doing was becoming more and more hurtful to people around me. I'd be the fun party guy sometimes that everyone wants to be around, but could quickly change into a selfish jerk capable of being a real prick. The thing is, when I'm a prick, I'm usually black-out drunk..... so I don't remember what I've done wrong, and then I get even more agitated.
yep. I am generally the life of the party, but once you reach that blackout stage, its a different persona. I have definitely done stuff in that state that I was shocked to hear about later. Which is why I drink in moderation. Its not that hard to limit yourself.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: