Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 16 months booze-free today

congrats bro.

I'm trying to cut down, but it's not really working.
I really want to stop for a while. It's tough.

I am an addict/alcoholic and have beaten a few addictions.
I quit smoking cigarettes 10 months ago.
When I beat meth 5 years ago (in March). It was the best thing I ever did.
Getting that crap out of my life.
I replaced it with alcohol though, which is terrible. Not really hard alcohol, but just regular bud-light. For no reason, I get off work and drink 8 - 12 beers in no time at all. And it's just about everyday. It's going to ruin me.
My Dad died of cancer from alcoholism at 48 years old.
I have taken very major steps in the last 5 years and it is great not being in and out of the county jail. If I could get past alcohol I would be stoked.
Not everybody can have cigs or beers a couple of times a month. I am the kind of person that is all or none. Just know which kind of person you are. I know I have to cut it out completely or it will not work.

don't know why I am sharing this,
just wanted to let you know that I know how tough it is/can be and I give you big-ups to your level of sobriety-
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 is considered somewhat coolAndrei89 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Thanks for the advice, but you're a kid and you don't know the situation.

Basically, I quit due to having alcoholism in my genes. I'm not someone who comes home depressed and cracks open a bottle of booze, I've never been that guy. I'm the guy who'll challenge you at the bar to down beers one after the other, then I'd start drinking all kids of crazy shit.

I use to get into fights with morons that if sober, I would avoid, I'd often say things that I would regret to girls I'm with and in general party too hard.

I once took over a bar in Korea drunk and served drinks to everyone, but I'd only make one kind of drink. My friend told me in the morning that it somehow tasted fruity, despite being mainly alcohol.

I could post about 100 pages of moronic shit, so I probably shouldn't drink again. I think I'm actually going to speak to a counselor about it. That;s probably the smart thing to do.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my feat!

I am 21 years old with hep B running in my fathers family which i inherited aswell. I know a little about what drinking can do to someones health. Basicly i must quit drinking forever soon enough if i don't want to die of liver cancer when i am 45.

By your post i didn't know the reason you stopped drinking but now it's clear
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #18
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Which is why I drink in moderation. Its not that hard to limit yourself.

I can if it's beer, but not when it's anything else. I also find it hard to not try and out-drink other guys.

I've woken up in some dumb situations:
-in Korean Police Station holding cell the morning after Halloween dressed up like this:

-rolling out of bed to find the charity box (which happens to be Ronald's head) from McDonalds staring up at me from my floor.

-numerous encounters with ugmo chicks and not knowing where I am.

-waking up outside in bushes

-starting fights with guys much bigger than I, though I've only come off the loser 3 times. But one of those times, I suffered such a bad concussion I wasn't supposed to play basketball for a year.

-Have scaled this building:

There's a lot more, but I could go on forever. 28 is too old to be doing stupid crap like that.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lets get a list. top 15 stupid things ced had done (and has some evidence/memory of) while drunk.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

That's good. I feel alcohol is ****ing up the youth.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

also, what the **** were you guys for halloween?
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
I'm trying to cut down, but it's not really working.
I really want to stop for a while. It's tough.

I am an addict/alcoholic and have beaten a few addictions.

don't know why I am sharing this,
just wanted to let you know that I know how tough it is/can be and I give you big-ups to your level of sobriety-

Dude, you can admit that you're an addict. That takes a lot of courage, I still have trouble saying it. I could go through most of a 1.75L Jim Beam in a night. I'm not kidding. I still had trouble acknowledging that it was not normal, most of my friends seemed to think drinking that much was legendary.

You really need to talk to someone about the drinking. Is there something you can replace it with instead of going cold turkey? Some kind of hobby or something outdoorsy could work.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
also, what the **** were you guys for halloween?

We couldn't be bothered paying for stupid expensive gimmick outfits, so we went as mental patients. I don;t know if we really conveyed that. I just wanted to go out for Halloween and get plastered because chicks use Halloween as a chance to dress up like common street whores.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
lets get a list. top 15 stupid things ced had done (and has some evidence/memory of) while drunk.

That would be good to do for all posters. I think there was a similar thread a while back. I remember playtetris had some doozies.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #25
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dude, you can admit that you're an addict. That takes a lot of courage, I still have trouble saying it. I could go through most of a 1.75L Jim Beam in a night. I'm not kidding. I still had trouble acknowledging that it was not normal, most of my friends seemed to think drinking that much was legendary.

You really need to talk to someone about the drinking. Is there something you can replace it with instead of going cold turkey? Some kind of hobby or something outdoorsy could work.

yeah, I will for sure will need to replace it with something. That's what we do.
I already know what it should be. Plain and simple, just a regular work-out routine to take up some time after work. It would be sooo beneficial to me.
I'm pretty much a lazyass stoner.

get a trainer or someone to work-out with
cut out alcohol
and still blaze one a couple hours before bed.
that would be perfect.

but until I actually MAKE IT A PRIORITY and do it. I will get off work crack open a cold one and snap some bong-loads. Then watch hours of realitytv that I have saved up on my dvr.

geez...I suck! that is soo lame
Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #26
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan Ū 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats. My last sip of Alcohol will be 5 years ago on September 15th.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #27
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

that is so great bro.
good job and I mean that.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #28
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

Wow. Nice work. Was there a reason for quitting?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #29
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan Ū 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Wow. Nice work. Was there a reason for quitting?
Got wasted on my 21 and woke up then decided to say "Fuck you alcohol, you're not getting my money anymore. For making me feel so bad."
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #30
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good sh!t, would be s1ck if you never drink again
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: