Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.
Default OT: Has anyone seen the lineup for Pride Shockwave

holy ****

this will be the best card ever.

check it out on pride fc

i hope they add gomi in the lineup as well. man i am so ordering this ppv
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
IamtheWalrus
Banned

fedor v. mark hunt (whcih should have been on at real deal)

heard shogun will try to take a shot at fedor...damn
Old 11-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
fedor v. mark hunt (whcih should have been on at real deal)

That's one thing that bugs me about Pride. Those Japanese just think differently then me I guess, but what on earth has Hunt done to deserve a title shot? Barnett and Cro Cop are obviously next in line.

but yeah me and Fatboy were salivating about the line-up in another thread. Absolutely extraordinary.

Oh and Shogun would get absolutely murdered if he fought Fedor. He tries any type of clinch and he gets thrown to the ground like a ragdoll. I mean Alistair freaking Overeem manhandled Rua BADLY until he gassed. And somehow I don't see Shogun's BJJ being better than Big Nog's or his striking better than Cro Cop's.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Cro Cop is coming off a leg injurty at the OWGP and just wants a tune-up fight NYE while Barnett has fought like 5 times this year and doesn't want to fight Fedor NYE.

I think it's alright.

The only confirmed match is Fedor/Hunt. Everything else is still getting worked out but this has potentinal to be the greatest card OF ALL TIME.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
IamtheWalrus
Banned

i hope there isn't a freak show on this one

i think its time for shogun to fight his stablemate
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
IamtheWalrus
Banned

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
-Kazuyuki Fujita
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
-Josh Barnett
-Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
-Wanderlei Silva
-Hidehiko Yoshida
-Takanori Gomi
-Dan Henderson

In addition to those names, Pride added a few more names of fighters who might also participate:

-Kazuhiro Nakamura
-Kazuo Misaki
-Akihiro Gono
-Senae Kikuta
-Shinya Aoki
-Mitsuhiro Ishida
-Tetsuya Kawajiri
-Ikuhisa Minowa
-Hayato “Mach” Sakurai
-Ricardo Arona
-Gilbert Melendez
-Denis Kang
-Joachim Hansen
Old 11-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Cro Cop is coming off a leg injurty at the OWGP and just wants a tune-up fight NYE while Barnett has fought like 5 times this year and doesn't want to fight Fedor NYE.

I think it's alright.

If Barnett's so tired why is he even fighting? Cat should get some rest for his upcoming title shot.

And the main problem I have with it is Hunt getting a shot. The guy is 5-2 in MMA and just lost. Is he even ranked top 10? What exactly did he ever do to warrant this except win 2 split decisions? This is even worse then when Riggs got a shot (though not really cause he's a fat, fat man).
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
If Barnett's so tired why is he even fighting? Cat should get some rest for his upcoming title shot.

And the main problem I have with it is Hunt getting a shot. The guy is 5-2 in MMA and just lost. Is he even ranked top 10? What exactly did he ever do to warrant this except win 2 split decisions? This is even worse then when Riggs got a shot (though not really cause he's a fat, fat man).

Barnett's title shot isn't coming for awhile. Cro Cop gets a shot at it first so I say Barnett should go for the paycheck.

I didn't want to see Hunt vs Fedor either but the more I think about it the more i wanna see it. Imagine if Fedor knocks Hunt out? Cro Cop couldn't. I see Fedor winning by sub pretty quickly but Hunt is no can, the guy has an iron chin and is truly a beast. It's better for Fedor to fight him instead of Zulu again.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
Zombles
Local High School Star

I really just wish Pride made their guys defend their titles more against the top contenders. I just read Fedor has had only 2 title defences thus far in 13 fights as a champion. ah well. anything's better than Zulu.

And Fedor won't knock Hunt out. Fedor's knocked out like 2 people his entire career. He has tremendous power but basically just throws looping hooks from both hands. He doesn't really combo with overhand rights or uppercuts, he's not a knock-out artist. Jerome LeBanner couldn't knock out Hunt, just TKO him, and JLB is a much better striker/harder puncher than Fedor.

Fedor by sub in the first.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #10
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Mr. V has an OK reputation so far

I thought people get to vote who´s going to fight Fedor, I guess not

Mirko is not going to fight Fedor so next in the poll would have been Shogun. Shogun vs Fedor was the fight I wanted to see. Shogun would give Fedor a run for his money. Shogun has a big frame for a 205 pounder and doesn´t really have any weakness in his game that Fedor could capitalize on. Also Fedor wouldn´t have the overwhelming advantage in quickness as he usually has.

Oh well, Fedor is going to take Hunt down and sub him when he chooses to like Barnett did. Not really a fight I hoped for.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #11
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

Fedor would make quick work of Shogun. Most of the big time HW's would.

Shogun is good but he's never gonna be great until he gets the title and he will never get the HW title so the only title of his to get is from his girlfriend Wandy.

They need to stop making out and fight already.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #12
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Mr. V has an OK reputation so far

Chute Boxe is like a family. Not like as a man and wife, but like brothers. They won´t fight. Shogun could easly fill out that frame and fight at the same weight as Mirko. Mirko wasn´t that big when he started in k-1. Shogun won´t get a title shot at LHW until Wandi retires or goes to UFC. I don´t see how Fedor would make quick work of Shogun if he decides to move up to HW. Shogun might be the most complete fighter out there.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

I have no idea what Pride is, IS this same as the gay pride parade and people are all gay and proud?
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #14
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I don´t see how Fedor would make quick work of Shogun if he decides to move up to HW. Shogun might be the most complete fighter out there.

Shogun has subpar wrestling, see the Overeem fight.
Fedor has the best Sambo/Judo in the game.
Fedor is much, much more powerful.

I just can't see any way Shogun could even begin to hope for anything better than a UD going against him.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #15
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I thought people get to vote who´s going to fight Fedor, I guess not

Mirko is not going to fight Fedor so next in the poll would have been Shogun. Shogun vs Fedor was the fight I wanted to see. Shogun would give Fedor a run for his money. Shogun has a big frame for a 205 pounder and doesn´t really have any weakness in his game that Fedor could capitalize on. Also Fedor wouldn´t have the overwhelming advantage in quickness as he usually has.

Oh well, Fedor is going to take Hunt down and sub him when he chooses to like Barnett did. Not really a fight I hoped for.
If you don't have any weaknesses, Fedor will give you some.

I hope that man NEVER loses. I know he will and I will cry on that day.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: