Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2006, 12:47 AM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

And, for the record, I think Big Nog should get a title shot before Hunt. I still want to see Hunt fight Fedor, though, because he's a good HW and hasn't fought Fedor yet. Like TMOGE said, better than seeing Fedor feast on a Zulu-type.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #17
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Yeah, Fedor losing will be a sad day indeed. You just KNOW it´s going to happen at some point. Arona came pretty close with his lay and pray, Fujita of all people rocked him, Mirko wanted to finish with a flashy LHK but slipped just at the wrong moment, 90% people would have been dead after that Randelmans slam and when you ground and pound Big Nog 15 minutes at some point he´s going to slip in some sick submission. Someday Fedor is going to be just a human.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

The reason Fedor cannot be put up against Barnett is because Pride absolutely cannot risk him being beaten, even slightly. He must be ready for Crocop. Expect his fight against Hunt to be somewhere in between his fights with Barnett and Yoshida.

If Gomi and Hansen are fighting, I think I might cry.

Too bad for Japanese fans it's not on TV!
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #19
sunsfan1357
Word.

I think the Fedor and Hunt matchup is interesting. To those saying they hope Fedor knocks Hunt out, it's not happening. Hunt is damn near impossible to knock out and the only chance Hunt has to win is if Fedor stands up with him. Hunt is a beast standing up, he is a K-1 champ afterall.

As said before, Mirko and Barnett both said no to fighting Fedor. Mirko is recovering from surgery and wants a tune up fight and Barnett fighting Fedor right now would be detrimental. He needs to rest up before fighting Fedor, afterall he will have like 6-7 fights this year with who's who list of wins (Aleks, Hunt, Nakaruma, Nogs).

The list of fighters looks awesome, let's just hope the matchups are as well. You never know with Pride how they will match it up.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:15 AM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Why doesn't Barnett rest then?

He's obviously the #2 contender after Mirko. I guess he wants another tune-up while he waits in line.

For the record, Fedor by submission. Who knows what kind? He'll submit Hunt, though. I expect a great, stand-up, "feeling out process", though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #21
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

I just hope it's Wanderlei vs. Rogerio and not Arona. I think Arona can beat him, but I have no desire to watch that fight again. The only rubber match I want to see in MMA right now is BJ-Hughes. It's Lil Nog's turn to get a shot. And if Rogerio wins, we could see a rematch of him and Shogun, which was an awesome fight the first time.

If just these fights were to happen:
Silva vs. Lil Nog
Arona vs. Shogun
Gomi vs. Hansen
Barnett vs. Big Nog
Melendez vs. Aoki
Henderson vs. Misaki
Kawajiri vs. Mach

That would pretty much be the greatest card ever. Every single one of those guys, except Aoki and Melendez, is in the top-5 of their weightclass, and Aoki and Melendez are certainly good enough to be there someday.

And that's even without Fedor vs. Crocop. If that fight somehow had happened, this card would have been unsurpassed for years.

Knowing Pride, though, we'll probably see something completely different.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #22
sunsfan1357
Word.

Silva will not be putting his title on the line on the NYE show so in a way I would much rather see Arona fight him then and have Lil Nog fight him in February for the title because that has been confirmed as a title bout. Chances are though that Pride will put Lil Nog right now and Arona for the next card in Feb (which is in the USA, right?).
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Silva will not be putting his title on the line on the NYE show

Yes he will.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #24
sunsfan1357
Word.

From an article on Sherdog:

To those expecting Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) to defend his PRIDE title at the end of this year, you’ll have to wait a couple of months. According to Silva he will make a scheduled fight Dec. 31, but it will probably not come against Ricardo Arona (Pictures) or “Minotoro.” Instead, he will defend his title February in Las Vegas.

“I think I will know December’s opponent in the next few days because the time is running and I must to train and focus on this match,” Silva told Sherdog.com. “And to warn my opponent in the days before the fight is not going to be a very good idea. So I think the guy already knows he will face me.”
Old 11-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #25
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

If he fights Arona or Lil Nog, it will be for the title.

There is the possibility he will go against Big Nog, though. Actually, that might even be a probability.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

Is this Shockwave 06? I got this DVD with Hunt fighting Cro Cop. Is this the same one?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: