Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 12-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
SEEBASS1234
Not a fan of stans

SEEBASS1234 has decent reputationSEEBASS1234 has decent reputation
Default Best game you have been to?

Mine was the 2nd round of the 2007-08 Big Ten Conference Championship

Minnesota heaved it from the other side...you know the rest...

What games have you attended that were great/historical?
SEEBASS1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best game you have been to?

Arkansas vs. Florida, can't remember the year, though.

Florida was a top 5 team with Bonner and another token white guy PG with some other solid players. Went into double OT. Janero Pargo went off for like 35 or something, and Arkansas got the win.

I went to some Arkansas games in the mid 90's during the Corliss Williamson years, but don't think any of those were good games. I was only 7 or 8 at the time, but I remember most games being more or less a blowout.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

The best games I've attended were Illinois/Gonzaga in Chicago this past January, and Illinois at Purdue in March 2004.

Even though the Illini lost the crowd was unreal and the momentum swings were crazy: Illinois went from down 21 to up by 8 to down again and needing a miracle three from Dominique Keller to send it to OT. The 2004 game at Purdue was equally crazy, with Luther Head racing the length of the floor for the putback with 0.8 left to win the Big Ten title.

My favorite game I've attended was Illinois/Wake Forest in December 2004. Wake came in with Chris Paul and the No. 1 ranking and it was an absolute bloodbath. Loudest Assembly Hall crowd ever.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 12-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Temple vs. Indiana a while ago when Bracey Wright was their stud and Mike Davis was coach. Indiana was highly ranked and it was a great upset.

Best sporting event I've been at would be last year's Pitt vs. Cincy football game last year that decided the Big East championship.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sMpw7kKIE

I was at that game. I didn't hate St. Joe's back then and was pulling for them so that was a heartbreaker. Glad it happened now though.

Other than that there's only a few I've been to that were memorable for me. I was at the win vs. Duquesne in the A-10 championship 2 years ago (sorry jailblazers) when I was a freshman. I was at the win over Tennessee 2 years ago on ESPN when Dionte Christmas went the f*ck off. Seen some good Holy Wars at the Palestra. Speaking of good games my friend (who goes to La Salle) got to see the double OT game today with La Salle/OK State at the palestra. Something magical about that place.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eroZx...eature=related
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Michigan vs Duke 2008. Michigan won by 8 and Duke was ranked #4 at the time.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
Michigan vs Duke 2008. Michigan won by 8 and Duke was ranked #4 at the time.
Good times. I wasn't there for that one, but I watched it.

The best college game I've attended is probably the MSU-UM game in Ann Arbor last year. I believe Kalin Lucas hit the go-ahead basket with a few seconds left. DeShawn Sims then missed a point blank tip at the buzzer to win it. It was technically a great game, but I am a Michigan fan, so I was sad.

The happiest best college game I ever went to was actually a non-conference battle in 2008: Savannah St. vs. Michigan. I was just hanging out at my house that day and decided I'd head up to Chrisler Arena to see what was going down (I live ten minutes from campus). I showed up at halftime, expecting a blowout and all of UM's reserves to be running. However, Michigan was actually down by 20.

Michigan began the second half by not letting Savannah State score for something like 10 or 14 minutes. Then, with five seconds left and the game tied, UM's Zach Novak stole the inbounds pass, sprinted the length of the floor for the gamewinner and bricked a wide open dunk at the buzzer. DeShawn Sims would eventually hit a buzzer beater jumper in overtime to win it. Good times.

You guys will never believe me, but for some reason that day, right in the heart of the 2nd half - being at the game alone and with my own thoughts - I began wondering how cool it'd be to throw one down as a Michigan Wolverine in front of all these fans. I swear on my life, I thought, "How awesome would it be to have an open breakaway for the win and dunk it right at the buzzer?" and I began trying to think of all the times that'd happened. Then, I came back to reality and thought, "Meh, I'd probably just miss it anyway. How crazy would that be? If someone missed an open dunk for the win?"

As I saw Novak breaking for the hoop that day, I knew he was going to miss it. It was the single greatest coincidence I've ever had in my lifetime. I was more tripped out by the fact my roundabout vision had come to fruition than I was about the fact Novak missed an open winner.

Novak's Missed Game Winning Dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUJPqzqcw4g

Novak's Dunk Contest Dunk (To Showcase that he can surely slam easily): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6jFdF2iCk
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Tennessee beating #1Kansas at home last season

Would have seen them beat #1Kentucky but I was out of town that weekend
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Good times. I wasn't there for that one, but I watched it.

The best college game I've attended is probably the MSU-UM game in Ann Arbor last year. I believe Kalin Lucas hit the go-ahead basket with a few seconds left. DeShawn Sims then missed a point blank tip at the buzzer to win it. It was technically a great game, but I am a Michigan fan, so I was sad.

The happiest best college game I ever went to was actually a non-conference battle in 2008: Savannah St. vs. Michigan. I was just hanging out at my house that day and decided I'd head up to Chrisler Arena to see what was going down (I live ten minutes from campus). I showed up at halftime, expecting a blowout and all of UM's reserves to be running. However, Michigan was actually down by 20.

Michigan began the second half by not letting Savannah State score for something like 10 or 14 minutes. Then, with five seconds left and the game tied, UM's Zach Novak stole the inbounds pass, sprinted the length of the floor for the gamewinner and bricked a wide open dunk at the buzzer. DeShawn Sims would eventually hit a buzzer beater jumper in overtime to win it. Good times.

You guys will never believe me, but for some reason that day, right in the heart of the 2nd half - being at the game alone and with my own thoughts - I began wondering how cool it'd be to throw one down as a Michigan Wolverine in front of all these fans. I swear on my life, I thought, "How awesome would it be to have an open breakaway for the win and dunk it right at the buzzer?" and I began trying to think of all the times that'd happened. Then, I came back to reality and thought, "Meh, I'd probably just miss it anyway. How crazy would that be? If someone missed an open dunk for the win?"

As I saw Novak breaking for the hoop that day, I knew he was going to miss it. It was the single greatest coincidence I've ever had in my lifetime. I was more tripped out by the fact my roundabout vision had come to fruition than I was about the fact Novak missed an open winner.

Novak's Missed Game Winning Dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUJPqzqcw4g

Novak's Dunk Contest Dunk (To Showcase that he can surely slam easily): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6jFdF2iCk

Sims' tip was so close it wasn't even funny. He got hammered on that play by Green as well, but I guess it is the Big Ten.

I remember my brother went to that game too. Funny thing is, he actually left at halftime because Michigan was down by so much. That would have been an embarassing loss, Novak is lucky they weren't down by 1 at that point.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
My favorite game I've attended was Illinois/Wake Forest in December 2004. Wake came in with Chris Paul and the No. 1 ranking and it was an absolute bloodbath. Loudest Assembly Hall crowd ever.

Yeah that was it because of its meaning and also the point in my life. Also, I didn't really think we'd wreck them like that. I remember the crowd chanting "overrated" and it made me sick because it was kind of diminishing our accomplishment.

Seems like so long ago...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
RekeHavoc
I airball my layups

RekeHavoc has not been impressing people

Last year, Pitt triple OT win over West Virginia, 98-95. 3 rows from the court. WVU was #5 at the time.
RekeHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: