Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How many man points do you lose for going to see "Eat, Pray, Love?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Haha I'm not talking about a prostitute. If I felt like the girl felt obligated to sleep with me, merely because I payed for something, I'd be pretty weary and probably wouldn't pursue that, unless I just wanted to get laid. What I'm saying is, what if seeing this movie was the very "tip of the iceberg" that in a hypothetical way helps solidify a positive night, between two honest and normal people that have a mutual attraction to each other. I'm not talking about being "whipped", which is a legitimate concern and issue, I'm talking more about being flexible and caring, even if it meant doing something I wouldn't exactly (think I'm going to) enjoy. If I asked my girl to go see something like Grindhouse with me, I'd expect her to feel the same way to some extent, if she knew I really wanted to see it. Being a gentleman, I guess, deserves some "man points". But like I said at first, if she took it for granted or "just needed someone to go with", I'd respectfully decline the invitation.
Drawing from personal experience: When I was 19, I had my first girlfriend, and she would make me go to NSync and Backstreet Boy concerts with her. She'd give me my little "reward" at the end of the night, and I thought it was worth it at the time, but a little after my 20th birthday I started thinking about it realized that I was just her tamed pet that was half-there to amuse her drunk girlfriends and my friends had rightfully brought me down to a shameful -342. I dumped her a few days after Valentine's day (didn't quite have it in me to dump her ON Valentine's Day, but it made the day extra-painful for me) and a month or so later actually found a new girl that was just as pretty and didn't have an agenda against my testicles.

The point of the story? There is no point, but IMO if a girl actually likes you she shouldn't feel the need to put you through BS that she knows you hate. For similar reasons, if the girl doesn't want to see "the Expendables" then you shouldn't try and force her, either.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #32
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

This would be a time where I starface would come in and laugh at the leftist hippie loser who doesn't ever post his pic for thinking he had any man points to begin with. I wish he was around.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
This would be a time where I starface would come in and laugh at the leftist hippie loser who doesn't ever post his pic for thinking he had any man points to begin with. I wish he was around.
I just don't have it in me to miss starface. Which reminds me: -5 man points for missing starface. -10 more for admitting to it.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #34
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Drawing from personal experience: When I was 19, I had my first girlfriend, and she would make me go to NSync and Backstreet Boy concerts with her. She'd give me my little "reward" at the end of the night, and I thought it was worth it at the time, but a little after my 20th birthday I started thinking about it realized that I was just her tamed pet that was half-there to amuse her drunk girlfriends and my friends had rightfully brought me down to a shameful -342. I dumped her a few days after Valentine's day (didn't quite have it in me to dump her ON Valentine's Day, but it made the day extra-painful for me) and a month or so later actually found a new girl that was just as pretty and didn't have an agenda against my testicles.

The point of the story? There is no point, but IMO if a girl actually likes you she shouldn't feel the need to put you through BS that she knows you hate. For similar reasons, if the girl doesn't want to see "the Expendables" then you shouldn't try and force her, either.

Yeah... Going to an Nsync kind of concert... That, more so than this, would probably bring your man points down quite a bit... At that point I'd say, "go see that shit with your girlfriends". My first girlfriend was when I was closer to 15 years old (and we boned like all the time), I'm 24 now and have had a multitude of long term and short term relationships, ranging from nearly perfect to very imperfect. I agree that "she" shouldn't have to put me through complete BS to verify if I'm right for her, but if she wants to see how "nice" I can be (within reason), I'm more than happy to show her because it usually (not always) comes back in the end in terms of respect. On the other hand, I used to take my ex to Spurs games with me (great seats too), I'd be all into the game cheering after every point, knowing all the players names from both teams and knowing all the rules down to a T, but I'd look over at her and she's be in a daze staring off into the AT&T center crowd, just listening to all the loud in-game music and shit, generally not paying attention. She had some fun, but for different reasons than I had hoped. After that, I told her next time I'd just rather go with one of my guy friends who knows the game and team, and she understood. Point being, I didn't want to drag her to something like that, so I can see where you're coming from with a movie like this.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

worst thread ever
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #36
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

-1000 man points for using a man points system
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #37
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you'd lose points just by watching the trailer for it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #38
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Right cause its wrong to like someone for being a good actress and being in solid, respectable movies.

You're the one initiating it and getting worked up over it.

Look, the movie is clearly a chick flick....I don't think the target audience is males, except for gay guys. I don't think that there are many straight men that would gladly go to see a shitty chick flick about eating food all over the world. I guess there are some exceptions I guess, like you?
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

are you going with a woman? no man points lost.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #40
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you see it alone or with other guys?? Probably lose some man points.

If you go with a girl that really wants to see it?? Absolutely zero.

Its funny how insecure so many of you are that it takes your masculinity down a notch (or notches) simply by viewing a film. If anything, being comfortable enough in your own masculinity and sexuality to go to the chick-iest chick flick out there, should add to your man points.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #41
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

here is the thing. if you go alone then you are no longer a man. but if you go with a lady friend or your mother, then thats okay.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #42
chungerball
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot

Its funny how insecure so many of you are that it takes your masculinity down a notch (or notches) simply by viewing a film. If anything, being comfortable enough in your own masculinity and sexuality to go to the chick-iest chick flick out there, should add to your man points.

Not if the movie is a pile of dung...Why in the world would I have to prove my masculinity and sexuality by watching a piece of shit chick movie like that? It's about some women who goes around the world to eat...End of movie. It has nothing to do with insecurities. Rather, it's about not being a little bitcch.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #43
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungerball
Not if the movie is a pile of dung...Why in the world would I have to prove my masculinity and sexuality by watching a piece of shit chick movie like that? It's about some women who goes around the world to eat...End of movie. It has nothing to do with insecurities. Rather, it's about not being a little bitcch.

Did I say one needs to prove their masculinity? Especially through a chick flick??? Absolutely not.

Does going to a chick flick with a girl, and not being insecure and wondering about one's "man points" demonstrate being comfortably with themselves and their masculinity??? I think so.

Don't worry, when you grow up a little bit you'll see there's such thing as compromise in life, and that going to a chick flick isn't the end of the world. It has nothing to do with being "a little b*tch".

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:

No it should not. If you jump out the window head-first and survive, did you just prove that you're a tough guy or a total idiot? No one is worried that watching this movie is going to make them gay (sexuality? lol). This is about refusing to watch a boring chickflick. Why? Because men aren't supposed to watch sleepy chick flicks, that's why.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #45
chungerball
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Did I say one needs to prove their masculinity? Especially through a chick flick??? Absolutely not.

Does going to a chick flick with a girl, and not being insecure and wondering about one's "man points" demonstrate being comfortably with themselves and their masculinity??? I think so.

Don't worry, when you grow up a little bit you'll see there's such thing as compromise in life, and that going to a chick flick isn't the end of the world. It has nothing to do with being "a little b*tch".

When I go out with women, we both decide together on which movie to watch...I'm not gonna let a woman take the choosing without my consent. Women have more respect for men that are firm in their ways, and not let someone decide what they do. I will never go to a chick flick that I think is waste of money. I will only go to one that are more than a chick flick. Ok?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: