Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ESPN's forecast, Bulls 4th in East

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings

Miami to finish with the best record at 61-21
Orlando with 56-26, then
Boston with 51-31
Bulls with 50-32
Hawks with 48-34

Im not upset at all with this prediction. If the Bulls get an assistant coach who can create the best/effective offensive sets, with Thibs being his usual defensive wiz, and the Bulls staying healthy, I can see them beating out Orlando for the 2nd spot.
I seem to remember 3 years ago when Sports Illustrated predicted that the Lakers would finished 10th in the WEst missing the playoffs. Lakers went on to play in the finals, being the top in the WEst so, no one knows really.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN's forecast, Bulls 4th in East

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Orlando with 56-26, then
Boston with 51-31
Bulls with 50-32
Hawks with 48-34

Im not upset at all with this prediction. If the Bulls get an assistant coach who can create the best/effective offensive sets, with Thibs being his usual defensive wiz, and the Bulls staying healthy, I can see them beating out Orlando for the 2nd spot.
I seem to remember 3 years ago when Sports Illustrated predicted that the Lakers would finished 10th in the WEst missing the playoffs. Lakers went on to play in the finals, being the top in the WEst so, no one knows really.

In all fairness that was with Kwame Brown as the starting power forward. A lot can change, during the season.

I still think people are overrating Miami's regular season abilities. But keep sleeping on the Bulls idc!
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Orlando with 56-26, then
Boston with 51-31
Bulls with 50-32
Hawks with 48-34

I am surprised that so many people still believe the Celtics will do better than the Bulls. The only way that I believe the C's end the season with a better record than the Bulls is if Rondo show major improvement to his jumpshot. Rondo has the potential to create tremendous problems for other teams if they need to respect his shot.

At this point I have heard no word or seen any signs that Rondo is improving his shot. On the other hand the Bulls hired the C's defensive genius which was so important to their success. The C's are another year older, Derrick Rose is another year into his development. The Celtics lost their starting Center and loaded up on as many ancient O'neals as they could find. The Bulls have a starting Center that just missed making the all-star team last season. Not to mention the Bulls also added a very promising shot-blocking rookie C, and a wise/strong vet that can play Center and the PF position.

The C's let their best perimeter defender jump ship to the Grizzlies for peanuts. The Bulls traded their best perimeter defender too, but they replaced him with a taller defensive SG. The Bulls added the BEST 3-point shooter in the league, and made some nice additions the backcourt rotation. Oh...and uh, the Bulls added a top 5 PF to the team, someone that averages 11 (!) rebounds a game and is joining the best rebounding team in the league.

Call me HomerForce1349 but I think the Bulls look better than the C's this summer.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Until all of the C's old dogs are put down, they are gonna be tough, and the press will treat them as such.

Ain't no thang though. Just get to the postseason and the Bulls will put it up somebody's ass.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I am surprised that so many people still believe the Celtics will do better than the Bulls. The only way that I believe the C's end the season with a better record than the Bulls is if Rondo show major improvement to his jumpshot. Rondo has the potential to create tremendous problems for other teams if they need to respect his shot.

At this point I have heard no word or seen any signs that Rondo is improving his shot. On the other hand the Bulls hired the C's defensive genius which was so important to their success. The C's are another year older, Derrick Rose is another year into his development. The Celtics lost their starting Center and loaded up on as many ancient O'neals as they could find. The Bulls have a starting Center that just missed making the all-star team last season. Not to mention the Bulls also added a very promising shot-blocking rookie C, and a wise/strong vet that can play Center and the PF position.

The C's let their best perimeter defender jump ship to the Grizzlies for peanuts. The Bulls traded their best perimeter defender too, but they replaced him with a taller defensive SG. The Bulls added the BEST 3-point shooter in the league, and made some nice additions the backcourt rotation. Oh...and uh, the Bulls added a top 5 PF to the team, someone that averages 11 (!) rebounds a game and is joining the best rebounding team in the league.

Call me HomerForce1349 but I think the Bulls look better than the C's this summer.

You made some valid points esp with the changes made by both teams.
Im not sure that the Celtics would miss Thibs, not bec Tom is not valuable but he already implemented the great system there, they would have to be crazy to abandone it just like that. I think of HOuston where Thibs used to worked for, when Rick Adelman took over, he pretty much retained most of the defensive principles while worked on their offensive deficiencies. This helped them wether the great loss of Tmac and Yao due to injuries.
Going back to Boston, they just hired Lawrence Frank, another smart coach whom I think would prove valuable working on their deficiencies.
RE: age, I've been predicting Allens descent for 2 yrs now, it seems like he has found a way to delay it. I thought Orlando would suffer greatly with the aging Carter and missing Hedo but they didn't feel it until the playoffs.
Remember that the prediction is that Boston would be better by ONE game, not by a lot.
It's amazing tho that we differ on some things, like I feel like Thibs have exposed Orlando by "staying home" with the shooters while daring Howard to be prolific and carry their offense. This is where the possible acquisition of Kwame Brown would prove vital. Phil called his version the 3-headed monster when he put 3 centers to tag team vs Shaq during his Bulls years.
What matters is how Chicago grows and matures, learning from their mistakes and take all these with them going to the playoffs.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't want to be rated high. The only team that needs a target painted on their backs, is Miami.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
redbull
I brick open layups

redbull has no real reputation yet.

Miami's the only team I truly fear. Orlando may finish ahead of us in the standings but I don't fear them a whole lot in the postseason unless Dwight goes completely off, and he hasn't been spectacular in the playoffs. They're great but bottom line is they were a soft team that got even softer when VC joined.

Boston you can never count out and will definitely be tough in the postseason, but they are another year older and I wouldn't be suprised if they have injury issues again. Not sure how much I'd like our chances against them but their offense is in decline unless Rondo develops that outside shot and becomes a legit stud.

My hope for the top 4 would be something like
1. Heat
2. Magic
3. Bulls
4. Celts

to set up us vs ORL in round 2, a series we have a solid shot in, while letting the Celts and Heat beat each other up. That scenario gives us the best shot IMO as if the Heat got ORL in round 2 I don't think they'd have any trouble with them whatsoever. Having to go through Boston AND Miami would be brutal.

Regardless the East is going to be a dogfight this year.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Until all of the C's old dogs are put down, they are gonna be tough, and the press will treat them as such.

Ain't no thang though. Just get to the postseason and the Bulls will put it up somebody's ass.

This..
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

They will lead the NBA in points in the paint IMO. I think they get the 3 seed, as Orlando and Miami are in same division. Boozer,Noah,Gibson will be a dominant frontcourt and Rose is a superstar in the making, with a supposedly improved jump shot. Deng,Brewer and Korver are enough to keep the attention off those guys. Deng is underrated. Korver lead the league in 3 piont shooting and Brewer is a shut down defender who can score enough to balance it out. Watson is a nice shooter and backup PG as well.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

DRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation here

I say the Bulls are going to be better then the Celtics. Hell, they may even beat out Orlando for the 2nd spot. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
methusala

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
Miami's the only team I truly fear.

Why on earth would you fear the Heat, let alone any team.

Respect their talent levels? Sure. But fear?

The day you fear someone is the day you should stop showing up. Guarantee there is not a single player on the Bulls, or any player in the NBA that fears another team. Only respect.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Why on earth would you fear the Heat, let alone any team.

Respect their talent levels? Sure. But fear?

The day you fear someone is the day you should stop showing up. Guarantee there is not a single player on the Bulls, or any player in the NBA that fears another team. Only respect.

Not true! LeBron fears Wade and Bosh. Hence why he joined up with them.

Quite frankly I don't see why everyone thinks the heat are going to dominate the NBA over 82 games. Sorry. NOT happening third seed at best. Once Bosh goes they're ****ed Bronze and Wade are more acceptable but weaken it. Now over a seven game series....yeah that lineup is pretty intimidating.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

My prediction is the 3rd seed and an Eastern Conference Finals matchup vs the Heat or the Celtics. I won't predict any further than that until I see how our new acquisitions gel with the guys from last year's squad.

I thought last season's roster could be the 5th seed until we got hit hard by injuries. This year's team is much improved and I can see us getting anywhere from the 2-4 seed, but I'm thinking 3rd and the matchups would be set up nicely for us to reach the ECF. Once you get to that point it's an all out battle and it usually goes to the team who wants it more. We have a few guys on this team that are true warriors and enjoy competition and who want a war out there. The rest of the team will gain that type of attitude in themselves as well as the season progresses. Rose and Noah are the leaders of this team and they both fit that description very well. Deng is a silent leader as well much like Rose, and Noah is the loud one. Boozer will also bring leadership to the table. This is an in your face type team and with the additions of Boozer, Brewer, and Thibs defensive schemes this team increased that even more so. If we stay healthy we're going to do well in the regular season. Come playoff time we're going to be a very scary team.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far

I'm really excited for this season, I wish the season started tomorrow. We have such a deep team this year. I do remember a few years ago when everyone had us ranked 2nd in the East and we didn't even make the playoffs.

I would much rather fly in under the radar and really shock these teams like the Celtics, Hawks, and Magic than being rated over them and giving us this attitude like "hey if they rate us better than so and so then we must be," like a few years ago. Granted this team is much better but anything can happen.

I think their predictions are pretty accurate, I'm glad they don't have the hawks higher because they really didn't do much to upgrade their squad.

This is the year i really believe that we come out and show that we belong and will belong up top for many many years.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #15
methusala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Not true! LeBron fears Wade and Bosh. Hence why he joined up with them.

Ha. Well played.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: