Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #16
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Does Meek Mill appeal to mainstream hip hop?

StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol meek mills is coming to some shitty bar off rt 40 in my town friday.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Happy he is tasting some success. Hope he stays out of jail. And I think Rick Ross is a better fit than T.I was. I still dont see him appealing to the mainstream. But he should be able to put out music for his following to enjoy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #19
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
lol meek mills is coming to some shitty bar off rt 40 in my town friday.
in carneys point?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGsq-tHMYsQ

Gillie tryin to latch on
Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #21
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hard to get excited about this kid when he doesn't have half the ability that black thought, freeway, or beans have.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #22
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
in carneys point?

yeah friendlys tavern its a cowboy bar 6 out of 7 nights then they have "hip-hop night" aka black night.

Last edited by Styles p : 02-22-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #23
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
hard to get excited about this kid when he doesn't have half the ability that black thought, freeway, or beans have.
just listen to them all on the same track (minus beans)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Freeway sucks....black thought/beans do got that ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

Did Lex Luger do that beat? Sounds like his style. Cant wait for that track.

I'm telling Gillie what you said. He gonna be in your hood knocking on neighbors door for your hood pass. Heeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #25
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

I'm telling Gillie what you said. He gonna be in your hood knocking on neighbors door for your hood pass. Heeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Def sounds like a lex luger beat. Ya'know! (gillie)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #26
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beanie Sigel is still my Philly ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgtRSfwPi7s

This was my sh!t Freshman Year!!! Legendary mixtape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx5JzTb1JUw

How raw are these lyrics. It's weird but I listen to this at school STILL to zone me in. Intense
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #27
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

freeway sucks? nah.

i actually used to hate him, but when you get used to his style it's fuego. nobody writes like him; i dig that unique, idiosyncratic approach. plus he has some of the best beat selection skills in the game (besides officer ross). tell me this shit isn't hot.

@ stateproperty - forgot young chris, he's doper than this meek kid too. that beat sucks, though. sampling that track?
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #28
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
freeway sucks? nah.

i actually used to hate him, but when you get used to his style it's fuego. nobody writes like him; i dig that unique, idiosyncratic approach. plus he has some of the best beat selection skills in the game (besides officer ross). tell me this shit isn't hot.

@ stateproperty - forgot young chris, he's doper than this meek kid too. that beat sucks, though. sampling that track?
playtet you might be more interested in Meek's personal drummer Dante Baruffi.

takes him on tour with him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSCqyVHDm04

pretty sick. i used to mess around with his sister back in high school, dude played drums like 8 hours a day.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I just cant get into Freeway style anymore. Just closes my ears up. But Young Chris is tight!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #30
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Young Chris signed with Universal Motown a few months ago right around his mixtape release, see how that goes. The video for "philly shit" got a little play on BET. I never saw it, but Young Chris said it in my facebook news feed.

I love some Freeway but I can see where some wouldn't. Jake One makes some hot ass beats for him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTxbzsyj__M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJYMYRMprY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPadagjL0zg

Why is it I've only heard of Jake One because of his work with Freeway? Dude makes nice beats.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: