Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Mr. V has an OK reputation so far
Default Is there any other NBA game for PC than Live?

I´ll throw my pc out of the window if keep playing that ****ty piece of excuse for a baskeball game
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

hahaha too right. Live 07 is a ****ing disgrace. EA has some nerve releasing that piece of **** game. On the brightside, they offended a lot of Live Fan Boys and a lot of them have been converted to the 2K series.

Theres no decent bball games for out for PC that I know of, hopefully 2K will bring their game to PC next year.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I cannot believe the stupidity of not releasing 2k for PC, not everyone has $$$ to go buy a damn console system.

Come on give us PC gamers a better choice than the worst basketball game ever.

embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
On the brightside, they offended a lot of Live Fan Boys and a lot of them have been converted to the 2K series.

*raises hand*

I'm one of them
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

don't worry guys. the EA developers said that Live 08 would be the absolute best there is-think about it:

1. Crazy unstoppable moves
2. Every single sneaker ever made in the history of the world

How could a game get any better?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Are they adding Timberlands to the 08?

I want god damn backflip dunks and more tattoos. I want to dye my players´ hair. I want my players to have superpowers

Fukc the gameplay and basketball
Old 11-22-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I want god damn backflip dunks and more tattoos. I want to dye my players´ hair. I want my players to have superpowers

Hopefully. Imagine, doing a backflip dunk from half court while being able to choose any sneaker you want for your player!!!

I can't wait! OMG
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
Mr. V
I brick open layups

I... can´t... wait... I think I´m going to hibernate so that the time goes faster.

Seriously the Live resamples more this than basketball
Old 11-22-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I hope in Live 08 I can easily dunk the ball everytime down court and steal every possesion.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I hope the opposing teams point guard scores the ball relentlessly.

Smush Parker with 47 pts, pffft!
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:13 AM   #11
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Live died in about 98. It just keeps getting worse. There are some text based sims but if you want to play basketball on the PC, best bet is to download an emulator and get a copy of Tournament Jam. At least that game knew what it was.

Otherwise, stop being so cheap and get an Xbox. They must be cheap now with the 360 out, how hard is it to get one, mod it and download any game you want...
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #12
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some things that'd make Live 08 perfect:

1. Do like NBA Street 1 and bring in mythical creatures. The Yetti, magma man, aliens, Jesus, Flava Flav...

2. Random pics of hot women on loading screens

3. Damon Jones' suits

4. THROWBACK SHOES! I mean why haven't we seen the 97 Air Pippens? Or the classic Pennys? Come on EA get it together
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #13
embersyc
Lurker

I want changable hairstyles! Why can't I have Ron Artest with TRU WARIER carved into his head?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Whats the deal with Live 07? Why is it so bad and what is the dif between it and 2K7? I wanna know since I still have live 05 but since my dynasty is almost over i will want a newer game.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
embersyc
Lurker

Actually I haven't played Live 07 personally, after Live 06 I swore I would never buy another Live game. That game just doesn't come close to anything resembling cohesive basketball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: