Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #16
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's your fav Mexican food and do you make it , or buy it ?

Chipotle, buy it.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
When buying -

Chipotle. F*cking delicious, whoever started it is a genius
as far as those chains go, pancheros is better since the make a fresh tortilla for you when you order.

I used to make something like one of those burritos all the time when I lived alone. Made beans and brown rice on sun, generally made a carne asada or guisada (sometimes other shit, pulled pork, shredded chicken) and would just make a buritto for dinner everynight. add some veggies, cheese, salsas and you got yourself a burrito americano.

My favorite might be guisada. I also really liked this hard fried tripe I had a year or so ago (it was in SA).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #18
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
mole is my favorite too. the complexity of all the ingredients into this one dish makes it like a mardi gras in your mouth

although i have not had this oaxacan version, eating mole poblano (from the state of puebla)--when made by an experienced chef-- is like tasting heaven...

actually i've never had it altho i'd pay over $100 for the plate to try it. just so you know that was the dish that Rick Bayless won the first Top Chef Masters with.

it was pretty awesome how they portrayed this dish in that final episode tho, like it was some dish on another level of cooking. Bayless said he traveled all through Mexico to learn it, and it took him 20 years to master
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #19
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Tacos
2. Nachos
3. Burritos
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
We have a place in Portland called Ole Ole that I go to. Great food. But when I go to Mexico, they don't have burritos. They have tacos. Great taco stands.

Recently my uncle bought like 10 pounds of carnitas. This is the best meat to make tortillas with.

Well said, I eat those every morning on the weekends.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I don't make or buy it. My wife, mom, or mother-in-law makes it for me. Some people at work are always telling me, "Godamn! Whatta you have now?!"
I like caldo de res, posole, tortas de carnitas, the small soft tacos...sometimes I'll go to parties and they'll have a taco cart and it's basically all you can eat.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #22
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wan't to move to the States or Mexico for food like this. Bliss.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #23
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Poodle - you out did your self in discribing that Mole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not know if Iwould have enough energy to cook all of that for a dinner.
I printed it out , and saved it for a day that it rains.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Jasper
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

taquitos! however i can get em
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
actually i've never had it altho i'd pay over $100 for the plate to try it. just so you know that was the dish that Rick Bayless won the first Top Chef Masters with.

it was pretty awesome how they portrayed this dish in that final episode tho, like it was some dish on another level of cooking. Bayless said he traveled all through Mexico to learn it, and it took him 20 years to master
yeah, most places have meh mole (there are multiple types as well). Ive made it before and it takes incredible patience. It was still just ok when I made it. GOod mole is the tops of pre-columbian foodways still in mexico IMO.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i ****ing lovelovleovlovelovelove burritos with carne asada or chicken. either is equally delicious. albertacos california burrito...

Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I usually make tacos. Get some ground beef and homemade flour tortillas from the local grocery. Buy some shredded cheese and pico de gayo. Tastes damn good.

I've been lucky enough to be in some bomb ass places in the US for great mexican food. I think California wins in that category though. Tex-Mex is fine. Green Chile tastes good as well but damn...cali's mexican food is absolutely BOMB.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As some have mentioned, there's different types of 'mole'. But you can't find good tasting mole here in the U.S. (at least not to my standards). You have to buy it in Mexico, and even then they have to learn how to cook it.

Why?

Because on order for it to be 'good' it has to be authentic, and in order for it to be authentic, it needs to be made with native Mexican ingredients. Unfortunately, these ingredients don't taste the same here in the U.S.

Something as basic as 'eggs' taste different in Mexico than they do here. Vegetables and fruit also taste better when its from Mexico as well.

Having said that.... my mom travels to Mexico about 2 times a year, and she usually brings two types of mole. One has a distinct chocolate sweet taste, but also has a hint of spicyness, the other is red-ish and has a different taste altogether.

As far as my fav Mexican food is concerned, I can't think of a specific one but I might have to go with a torta de milanesa. It aint fancy like mole, it aint difficult to make like a tamal but I like it. When done right, it's a joy to eat.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #29
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
As some have mentioned, there's different types of 'mole'. But you can't find good tasting mole here in the U.S. (at least not to my standards). You have to buy it in Mexico, and even then they have to learn how to cook it.

Why?

Because on order for it to be 'good' it has to be authentic, and in order for it to be authentic, it needs to be made with native Mexican ingredients. Unfortunately, these ingredients don't taste the same here in the U.S.

Something as basic as 'eggs' taste different in Mexico than they do here. Vegetables and fruit also taste better when its from Mexico as well.

Having said that.... my mom travels to Mexico about 2 times a year, and she usually brings two types of mole. One has a distinct chocolate sweet taste, but also has a hint of spicyness, the other is red-ish and has a different taste altogether.

As far as my fav Mexican food is concerned, I can't think of a specific one but I might have to go with a torta de milanesa. It aint fancy like mole, it aint difficult to make like a tamal but I like it. When done right, it's a joy to eat.

it is true that ingredients are different in mexico, but you can come pretty close in the usa. you might have to search hard, but people can find what is needed

there are grandmothers and others who can make a pretty good mole but they are out there (you dont have to be a food network star to pull it off-- but you are right about most people not being able to make it REALLY well
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #30
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
...OAXACAN BLACK MOLE WITH BRAISED CHICKEN

Mole is the freeking BOMB. P.I.T.A. to make it but sooooo worth it. Where I live, if an old Mexican lady invites you over for homemade mole at 4:30AM you go.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: