Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #241
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post Your Headphones

I'm thinking about getting some Grado SR225i's.....not sure though.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #242
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I'm thinking about getting some Grado SR225i's.....not sure though.

Grados are really nice sounding headphones. My office is too quiet to wear open headphones though. If the AC stops, you can hear what I'm listening to from pretty far away.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #243
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Grados are really nice sounding headphones. My office is too quiet to wear open headphones though. If the AC stops, you can hear what I'm listening to from pretty far away.

I decided against them, like you said, the leakage was just TOO much. They are like loud speakers, I don't know why people buy those to be honest. I would get annoyed at the leakage even at home.

I got some sennheiser HD 518's instead.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #244
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my friend just got beats studio & he's wondering why it needs batteries, also he hears some sound when he turns them on & is wondering if thats normal.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #245
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beats studios need battery for noise cancellation and that's it. It won't work without batteries.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #246
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

qc15's
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #247
RaininTwos
Betrayed

People need to stop buying beats, go to an audio speciality store and listen to head phones there. Almost everyone I listened to was as good or better than Beats headphones while being cheaper.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #248
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any recommendation for a good pair of cheap headphones from newegg?
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #249
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
People need to stop buying beats, go to an audio speciality store and listen to head phones there. Almost everyone I listened to was as good or better than Beats headphones while being cheaper.

You know, I'm not the biggest fan of Beats (they're severely overpriced), and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole as a producer, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. For most people, they want the loudly-EQ'd lows to blast when they're listening to music and they enjoy it that way. It's the same reason people throw multiple subs in their cars; they enjoy it and want to make a statement.

But we all have our little 'statements' in life; some people want to drive an Accord or Camry whereas car fanatics will tell them to get a used car or something like a Subaru/Volkswagen GTR.

It's whatever. If someone truly enjoys them, then let them have their joys in life while moving on with yours. Sometimes there isn't a 'right' choice.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #250
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Any recommendation for a good pair of cheap headphones from newegg?

What price range are you looking at? What kind of headphones (circumaural, in-ear, supraaural [look these up if you don't know what they are])?

What kind of music as well?
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #251
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't like Beats either. They are inferior cans for the money. But if aesthetics can get a new generation into headphones, I'm all for it.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #252
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
What price range are you looking at? What kind of headphones (circumaural, in-ear, supraaural [look these up if you don't know what they are])?

What kind of music as well?
honestly $5 - $10, if that's possible. Just as basic as possible but also reliable and durable.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #253
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
You know, I'm not the biggest fan of Beats (they're severely overpriced), and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole as a producer, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. For most people, they want the loudly-EQ'd lows to blast when they're listening to music and they enjoy it that way. It's the same reason people throw multiple subs in their cars; they enjoy it and want to make a statement.

But we all have our little 'statements' in life; some people want to drive an Accord or Camry whereas car fanatics will tell them to get a used car or something like a Subaru/Volkswagen GTR.

It's whatever. If someone truly enjoys them, then let them have their joys in life while moving on with yours. Sometimes there isn't a 'right' choice.
Very wise
Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #254
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

I dont like headphones anymore... it is so irritating for the top of the head after a while and it messes up my hair up there anyways leaving that headphone print on top of my head, looking retarded lol... for a brother that might not be a problem unless you had a fro.. ? :P Arching the phones backwards like this makes it even worse as now the weight is on the ears and they now hurt like hell after a while....

In-Ear was the solution... then i found these and fell in LOVE, absolutely fantastic sound, beats by dr Dre:

Overpriced a bit, but worth it and saved alot of ear/head pain

Last edited by pauk : 06-15-2012 at 11:43 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #255
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
honestly $5 - $10, if that's possible. Just as basic as possible but also reliable and durable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ZpHr5l0U0
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: