Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #256
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post Your Headphones

I feel the same about beats as some people do on here, I tell people almost everyday they are overpriced. U can get better headphones for the same price. I mean no lie I love beats too, like if they were cheaper I'd most definitely buy them cuz I've always wanted them but i'm not gonna pay $200 for them.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #257
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Beats studios need battery for noise cancellation and that's it. It won't work without batteries.
thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #258
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
honestly $5 - $10, if that's possible. Just as basic as possible but also reliable and durable.

http://www.focalprice.com/headphones/ca-006003.html

Yes, they are knock offs. But where do you think the headphones with a brand name come from?

Let me tell you this: a $5 knock off from them is very likely going to be higher quality than any $5 - $10 headphone from the US.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #259
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
http://www.focalprice.com/headphones/ca-006003.html

Yes, they are knock offs. But where do you think the headphones with a brand name come from?

Let me tell you this: a $5 knock off from them is very likely going to be higher quality than any $5 - $10 headphone from the US.

I can't speak for the site, but LJJ usually knows his stuff, so I would possibly check them out.

Normally, when people ask about headphone suggestions, they're usually talking in the $50+ range, in which I might have been more helpful. I can't really help at the $5-10 price point due to the amount of headphones and general lower quality of that range (compared to something like $80 or $400-500. It's really a crap-shoot at that price range I'd say.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #260
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I dont like headphones anymore... it is so irritating for the top of the head after a while and it messes up my hair up there anyways leaving that headphone print on top of my head, looking retarded lol... for a brother that might not be a problem unless you had a fro.. ? :P Arching the phones backwards like this makes it even worse as now the weight is on the ears and they now hurt like hell after a while....

In-Ear was the solution... then i found these and fell in LOVE, absolutely fantastic sound, beats by dr Dre:

Overpriced a bit, but worth it and saved alot of ear/head pain
I'm the same way now. After I got my HTC Rezound they came with the iBeats by Dre and I've loved them. I don't even wear headphones anymore because I like the sound out of the ear-buds more...

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #261
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

These are pretty good for only $40

Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #262
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, my in-laws puppy got ahold of my iBeats for my Rezound, so after trying 3 different IEMs at Best Buy I got a full refund and said screw it, went online and did some hardcore research. Here's what I found...

A lot of people recommend the Klipsch S4s. Don't get them. They're overrated. I went through a bunch of researching and in the end I found so many people who bought them and were utterly disappointed with them. Instead I found this no named company called Nu Force...

Nu Force NE-700X

I love these. They were $52 refurbished and they sound better than my $100 iBeats. I've never listened to the Monster Turbines (which are $200 earbuds), but many people say these are the best IEMs under $100 and that they're just a notch below competeing with the Monster Turbines in terms of overall sound. Best bang for your buck in other words.

Some nice things about them? The silver parts are all made from aluminum and they have titanium coated drivers, they feel pretty light compared to the Rezound iBeats I had, but at the same time they don't feel cheap. They make just as good of a seal and isolate sound decently well. YOu could probably do even better if you bought the supertips for the buds. The cord is prone to tangle like a regular cord, but you can also use your clip on the cord as a doubled guide to help keep the cords apart as well.

Overall the sound in these are great. They give very decent bass and good soundstage presence.

They also made the exact same version, but it comes with a pause/play button and has a mic. Although some people say when it's plugged into your phone you can hear the background noise on the mic while you're playing music. not sure if I'd want that.

Nu Force NE-700M

In the end, if you're in the market for some earbuds that have good sound $100, I recommend these There's only a few others that compete with them in this price range and those are actually more towards the $100 range while these are $50 to $65.

The only thing I wish they had were more colors. You either stuck with silver or brown.

Here is a very good in-depth review of the NE-700X on head-fi.org...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/526258/firs...-thoughts-here

Last edited by Meticode : 09-15-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #263
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

The audio technicias had better quality than the beats at one point, but they got worn out quickly
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #264
Canelo_Griffin
I hit open layups

Canelo_Griffin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm not much of an audiophile but they do the job. Kinda wish I would have gone for some earbuds like the ones Meticode posted tho
Canelo_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #265
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast

The audio technicias had better quality than the beats at one point, but they got worn out quickly
Doesn't surprise me in terms of the ATs having better sound quality.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #266
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #267
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Buying the Sol Republics in a week they're amazing for the price, and better than Beats too.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #268
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Buying the Sol Republics in a week they're amazing for the price, and better than Beats too.

What's up with the beats avy pic then
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #269
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All I've got is the iPhone headphones..
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #270
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
I just wish their controls would work for Android, only iPhone compatible.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: