Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #31
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Post Your Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
I understand but I think that's bullshit and people need to stop using the excuse for that bullshit.

Better audio = better mood

c'mon bro
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #32
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #33
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
don't know if you are basing that on using them or just basing it on how they look, but i'm assuming it's the latter and I thought the same thing at first.

Nope, I'm basing it on using them(and of course the tacky aesthetics). Not that exact model mind you, but I've owned two pairs of Skullcandys and they were both atrocious, especially the "Skullcrusher" model. They also have a pretty poor reputation amongst the audiophile community.

Case in point.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #34
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
More often than not, better sound quality. This isn't always the case when you consider how much you're paying(see: Bose, Skullcandy, Dr. Dre headphones, etc.), but when you consider brands like Grado, AKG, some Sonys, Sennhieser, etc. it is the case more often than not.

I think this is all about the brand management. ... sometimes the name alone can sell a product. People are stupid to eat it up. I have this Sony Headphone for 6 years and it's still good.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #35
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Nope, I'm basing it on using them(and of course the tacky aesthetics). Not that exact model mind you, but I've owned two pairs of Skullcandys and they were both atrocious, especially the "Skullcrusher" model. They also have a pretty poor reputation amongst the audiophile community.

Case in point.
I dunno, I guess i'm not really a headphone expert but the pair I own (which is actually not the one in the picture, has a really good sound to it.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #36
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Case in point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From that site....
Next to Bose, Skullcandy are the most hated brand here.

I know skullcandy are garbage, but what's up with the Bose hate?
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #37
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
I know skullcandy are garbage, but what's up with the Bose hate?

Bose headphones are not bad sound quality-wise(I still have an old pair of Tri-ports), most people just tend to think they're overpriced based on their sound quality, i.e. you can get something comparable for less. Also, Bose has a marketing team that almost rivals Apple.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #38
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
I think this is all about the brand management. ... sometimes the name alone can sell a product. People are stupid to eat it up. I have this Sony Headphone for 6 years and it's still good.

For you it might simply be a case of not having heard anything better so you don't know what you're missing. In that regard, ignorance is bliss.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #39
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I just heard of wesc headphones the other day, any good?

I should also invest in some nicer sonys soon...
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #40
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Never heard of them, here's a thread though.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #41
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have Sony 52mm drivers in place with AT 32mm's from an older AT900 crossed over through an later Amplifier PCB from Peter Millett.
I just love Audio Technica suspension, it feels so comfortable on my head, even the cheaper models. Millett Head amps are awesome as well! Without the amp, my headphones would sound like a crappy pair of sennhieser HDs or something weak, that tone deaf people think are great.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #42
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Thanks for the not-so-subtle insult.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #43
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thanks for the not-so-subtle insult.

sorry! I didn't mean it like that. Sennys out of the box are great, but if you have a few minutes, some solder skills, and arent afraid to modify or build something, I would never, ever recommend sennys.

Really great modified cans start with great suspension, and thats why so many people buy Grados or ATs, even many Sony models. They have some awesome balance for all head shapes.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 AM   #44
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

I use the Shure SE420's. They're pretty good, but someone told me they would be 'revolutionary' and I would never go back. And considering they're valued at about $350, I would say I disagree. I consider myself an audiophile, but these aren't really worth $350 or $250, however much they retail for. Are they good? Yeah. But I could probably get better at that price, and they're considered to be some of the best within the Audiophile community.

Oh well, I got them for about $70 so I can't complain, though I did love my $50 Sony headphones that I bought at the Apple Store. The only problem was that I went through those like towels (I went through 2 in 2 years because the cord ripped.)
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 AM   #45
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Been thinking about getting these, but not sure yet...

I have a pair (2nd actually, 1st lasted me over a decade and that was with quite a lot of DJ ing) and love em. Great value. Nice sound and fit without costing much. Fold up nice as well.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: