Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #61
shlver
코비=GOAT

Default Re: Post Your Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Youve never seen someone wearing Beats in public??? BS.
That's not what he said.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #62
Hotbullets
High School Starter

I also rock Beats. When it comes to hardware, they're way overpriced, it feels like a cheap piece of plastic. However, the sound quality is mind-blowing, plus they're very comfortable to wear (although they're a tad too big for my liking).
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #63
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

Sure, they are 300 bucks, but I use headphones throughout the day, every single day, not only for music, but for podcasts, talk radio, and video games through my receiver. I wanted something that sounded great, were comfortable, and durable. When I tried out the Dre headphones, they only sound good for rap music, which I'm not into. It's all bass, like having two subwoofers on your head. For what I listen to(obscure metal, black metal, death metal, thrash, punk rock, etc.) these QuietComforts fit the bill really well. I am also a janitor, so am constantly vacuuming at work. The noise canceling works extremely well. While I am listening to music while vacuuming, I don't hear a thing, except for the tunes. The chord also unplugs from the headphones, which is an awesome feature. If the chord gets a short in it, you can just purchase a new chord from Bose, instead of buying new headphones, or trying to fix the chord yourself. Or if you catch the chord on something, instead of your headphones flying off your head, the chord just unplugs from them, saving the headphones from smashing onto the ground. I use these headphones for multiple hours every day, and in my opinion are great. Would definitely buy them again.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #64
dawsey6
/thread

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro. If not for everyday listening I use it for tracking in my studio and for mixing if my studio monitors aren't readily available.

Served me very well thus far.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #65
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe681
Those look pretty sweet. What are they and how much did you pay for them?

Shit. Audio Technica M50s.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Got 'em for about $100. Digging them a ton so far, I almost want to start taking them back and forth from work with me, but that would defeat the purpose of why I bought them. I still like my Sennys, though.

By the way, I've never seen someone with Beats in public. Not that far-fetched. I did try them out recently though. LOL. They sound good, but the highs are muffled, and for that price range...

Clean, punchy base, though.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #66
SinJackal
Banned

Razer Barracuda
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 AM   #67
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Shit. Audio Technica M50s.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Got 'em for about $100 for my first pair. Digging them a ton so far, I almost want to start taking them back and forth from work with me, but that would defeat the purpose of why I bought them. I still like my Sennys, though.

By the way, I've never seen someone with Beats in public. Not that far-fetched. I did try them out recently though. LOL. They sound good, but the highs are muffled, and for that price range...

Clean, punchy base, though.

Thanks. I'll check out the reviews too. I've been looking at getting first decent pair of headphones. But I don't wanna spend more than $100. I created a thread about a week ago for suggestions but I don't wanna rush into anything.

And Beats LOOK good, but are way over priced for their quality. About 6 ppl at work have them and they just have a really good bass. They remind me of the skullcandys' skullcrushers.
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #68
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

They're great headphones and I would recommend them to anyone who works out. They're a bit overpriced at 100......
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #69
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
They're great headphones and I would recommend them to anyone who works out. They're a bit overpriced at 100......

That's the new model right? Do they sound different too or is it just a design modification?
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #70
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
That's the new model right? Do they sound different too or is it just a design modification?

Ye new model, I believe it came out this summer?

Well there's definately a design modification which allows the headphones to stay in your ear better. Not to sure if the sound is different since I don't own a pair of the IE1. But the IE2 are nice headphones and I'm happy.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #71
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

which of these should i get?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD4...575790&sr=8-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD5.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #72
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton

448 if you need private listening and somewhat portable. 555 if you like soundstage and don't mind sound leakage/isolation. 555 also can be modded into 595 easily. None of them if bass is your top priority.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #73
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Picked up one of these:

A headphone amp. My Audio Technica's get plenty loud enough most of the time, but with certain kinds of music(classical specifically) there just isn't enough juice. I could still hear some coworkers talking in the background over the music. First I picked up one called a "Boostaroo" from Radio Shack. I was hesitant, due to it being so tacky looking. Returned it due to there being a constant hiss coming from it over my headphones.

This one is a lot better though, and cheaper too. Better build quality, smaller, better aesthetics, charges via USB, and most importantly there's no hiss. Also, it's tiny, only about the size of a book of matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Ye new model, I believe it came out this summer?

Well there's definately a design modification which allows the headphones to stay in your ear better. Not to sure if the sound is different since I don't own a pair of the IE1. But the IE2 are nice headphones and I'm happy.

I actually had(well, have I guess) a pair of the originals, and while they sound decent enough(not worth what I paid for them, though) the damn things would NOT stay in my ears. I tried using them while running and that was just an exercise in futility.

Last edited by ShannonElements : 12-12-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #74
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I was looking at headphone amplifiers yesterday. How much of an increase did you get?

Also, any recommendations on a earhook earbuds? I can't seem to find an above average pair on Amazon or through Googling.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #75
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Hard to say really, but probably 100% or so? It gets pretty ****ing loud. With the one that I got(Fii0 E5) I don't need to turn the volume on it all the way up or even close to it to get to that sweet spot of "loud-but-not-going-to-make-your-ears-ring-loud." The one I returned probably got even louder. I've also noticed when using it while listening to metal or something, that during a riff the volume doesn't drop out a little like whatever you're listening from just doesn't have enough power to properly push that part. I don't know if I'm explaining it well or not.

Can't help on the headphones, I never liked those kind. Probably because I wear glasses.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: