Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Ex Girlfriend Getting Married

Saw my former girl around town, asked her whats new in her life and she told me she's getting married. Nice looking ring, its a guy I knew but went to a different high school then I, looks happy.

It was a terrible break up. Things were thrown, curses yelled, dragged on for months and months (quite a bit of which made it on to ISH cause she started "checking up on me" and such).

Anyways, that was months ago, she told me two weeks ago. I got a formal invite in the mail today. Im more then a bit shocked cause... well duh... but there was a hand written letter asking me if I would come from her. Seemed sincere.

I'm right for deciding not to go, right?

Last edited by Fallguy20 : 08-13-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ex Girlfriend Getting Married

The break up was "months ago"?! And now she's getting married?

Lol.

Don't go.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #3
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah and it sucks seeing them move on so successfully. I'm bitter I want them to be more miserable than me and regret the fact it didnt work out...oh well, wish her best of luck but don't show up unless you're dating a smoking hot chick u can parade at the wedding, make her wear white too fukk it, take all the attention away from her....
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah, you don't have to go. She did the right thing inviting you. But I think you don't really have to go.

It's the kind of thing you respectfully decline.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #5
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Yea... that's what I figured. I kinda get the feeling that she maybe invited me hoping that I wouldn't show up or would say no, so it would be a shame if I disappointed her on that count.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Yea... that's what I figured. I kinda get the feeling that she maybe invited me hoping that I wouldn't show up or would say no, so it would be a shame if I disappointed her on that count.

you forgot to reply to the more important question.

you just broke up with her months ago and shes getting MARRIED already?!?!

this chick is headed for divorce, go to the wedding cus your bound to get a few more booty calls down the road if you attend
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

nah you can't go. i'm surprised you got an invite, but it was only meant as a token thing. a few months after another serious relationship is an awful short time. even if you're over her, do you really want to see her get married? a friend of mine recently got married and we decided that he shouldn't invite his ex-girlfriend who he'd known all his life and is still good friends with, just out of some weird code of respect for the bride. it made sense at the time.

--

the girl i always had a thing for got married a few months back. we grew up together and always had amazing chemistry and there was mutual interest and it came close to being something amazing so many times. only she always had that "safe" boyfriend. i only found out through the newspaper. made me sick to my stomach. i didn't get an invite, but i'm glad i didn't. i took it as her acknowledgement that us talking would only lead to trouble, and that was enough for me. still, now i have that "the one that got away" story i hoped never to have. reading that announcement and seeing that picture made me truly understand for the first time how a man can be utterly destroyed by a woman, and can continue to destroy himself by drinking himself to death if he lets himself.

sorry to derail with my own story. you just got me thinkin and damn you!
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller

Blackisbig has decent reputation

Just a question man, was she a Mormon too? I've always found Mormon weddings to be pretty damn cool, and I was just gonna say that if she was in your ward and what not you probably should suck up and your pride and go. Show that you've gotten over that portion of your life, and that you've grown up since then.
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #9
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Yea Brooks, I guess I don't really want to see that. It wouldn't do her any good... and it certainly wouldn't do me any good. The only thing I want to know is whether or not she would have told me if I hadn't of run into her.

@Black, she's catholic
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #10
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

this invitation is a "in your face invite"
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #11
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

I would show up

Drink all the alcohol,try to score me some single ***** who knows maybe there's some weed there
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's a tough situation. I personally wouldn't go, but I would call or write back and wish her good luck.

I can't imagine that happening to me. I'd get all depressed for a while.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #13
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
I would show up

Drink all the alcohol,try to score me some single ***** who knows maybe there's some weed there

lol I know you calmed down and actually try to contribute to ISH nowadays and stopped posting u mad pics, but man, you're a dumb a$s...and im not trying to diss you, you just come across as a huge tard.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller

Blackisbig has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Yea Brooks, I guess I don't really want to see that. It wouldn't do her any good... and it certainly wouldn't do me any good. The only thing I want to know is whether or not she would have told me if I hadn't of run into her.

@Black, she's catholic

Well then you're certainly not obligated on that front. In that case, it really comes down to you man. If you're not comfortable with it and there's no one else who's gonna be there that you want to see and hang out with then I definitely wouldn't go. As Pete said, do the polite thing and write a letter back or at least give her a phone call saying that you can't make it and what not. She was probably just doing the polite thing by inviting you, so at least extend the courtesy back by saying that you can't make it for whatever reason.

Still, I'd consider the possibility that she might be trying to extend an olive branch out to ya, but considering that it's only been a few months, I can definitely understand not being totally over it at this point in time.
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

go if you got nothing better to do, get some free food have some drinks
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: