Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ex Girlfriend Getting Married

if you really want to get back her tho what better ways can you go about it than ruining her wedding day?
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #32
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Saw my former girl around town, asked her whats new in her life and she told me she's getting married. Nice looking ring, its a guy I knew but went to a different high school then I, looks happy.

It was a terrible break up. Things were thrown, curses yelled, dragged on for months and months (quite a bit of which made it on to ISH cause she started "checking up on me" and such).

Anyways, that was months ago, she told me two weeks ago. I got a formal invite in the mail today. Im more then a bit shocked cause... well duh... but there was a hand written letter asking me if I would come from her. Seemed sincere.

I'm right for deciding not to go, right?

reading this, may have been a good thing you are out of that relationship. imagine her forcing you to propose to her?

but yeah, this is a definite rubbing in the face move by her. it's your move my man. either
- go to the wedding and turn the other cheek
- go to the wedding, drink all the booze you want, and then start drunk ranting how bad she is at sex
- don't go, and leave the drama behind
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #33
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I've experienced this and Fallguy's story. It's rough, obviously.

My ex was engaged seven months after our breakup and married 10 months after. I think it might last because she's a serious Christian and so was he, and Christians don't like to get divorced, right? Anyway, we talked on the phone frequently all the way up to the day she told me she was getting married - which came out of left field. That was the last time I ever talked to her. No invitation. Had there been one, I would not have attended.

As others have said, I'd respectfully decline in this case as well. I think that'd be the right thing to do.

I like Zombles and Senor Cedric's suggestions though.

my ex of about forever had a bf like a few weeks after we split. she said we should still be friends and i said "WHY?" and she got super pissed and remains pissed to this day. (I'm not....) Me, i don't go. Drama is for women.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #34
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYKMRY5Rr9I
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #35
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
my ex of about forever had a bf like a few weeks after we split. she said we should still be friends and i said "WHY?" and she got super pissed and remains pissed to this day. (I'm not....) Me, i don't go. Drama is for women.

Right on that you weren't gonna take her scraps and get into the Friend Zone. I applaud you. Alot of guys would be desperate just to be close...even as friends. GTFO!!!
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #36
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

You should go, but give her a nice "gift" as a token of your appreciation

For example, open a half dozen cans of tuna fish and leave them outside in the sun for a couple weeks, then dump those into a gift bag, add a bow and you got yourself a conversation piece. Covertly drop it off along with the rest of the gifts. Everyone walking by the gift table will be commenting "god thats awful!! smells like old tuna" and you can be all like "yeah, that's what he said" while pointing at the groom

Eventually it would be discovered and you would be the obvious culprit, but then you can just let her know about all the swell benefits of omega-3 fatty acids from eating fish. It's the thought that counts, right?
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #37
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

you should have your "member" molded. then put it in a box and write a note saying "this is what you're missing". that's your wedding gift to her.

j/k
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #38
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
You should go, but give her a nice "gift" as a token of your appreciation

For example, open a half dozen cans of tuna fish and leave them outside in the sun for a couple weeks, then dump those into a gift bag, add a bow and you got yourself a conversation piece. Covertly drop it off along with the rest of the gifts. Everyone walking by the gift table will be commenting "god thats awful!! smells like old tuna" and you can be all like "yeah, that's what he said" while pointing at the groom

I like it. If she doesn't appreciate the joke, she doesn't deserve to be happy.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #39
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

get drunk, cause a ruckus, bone her sister and/or mother
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #40
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artex
get drunk, cause a ruckus, bone her sister and/or mother

Wow, thought-provoking and original.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #41
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
go, get drunk, bang a bridesmaid, fight the groom, and when they ask if anyone objects yell, "NO WAY SHE SHOULD BE WEARING WHITE".

Agreed. This is the plan the OP should run with.
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #42
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I like it. If she doesn't appreciate the joke, she doesn't deserve to be happy.

mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #43
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
go, get drunk, bang a bridesmaid, fight the groom, and when they ask if anyone objects yell, "NO WAY SHE SHOULD BE WEARING WHITE"

or just don't go since it'll tear you up, make the guy feel awkward as hell, and can't imagine the chick's getting much out of it.

but if you go,
go hard.

GOAT post
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #44
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

It totally depends on where your at personally. If you have any residual feelings for her then HELL NO! Why do that to yourself?

But.... if you know that you're completely over her and that you can summon the courage to be genuinely happy for her and her husband, then go.

It could be incredibly self rewarding to show up be respectful, display great character infront if her friends and family and walk out of there with head held high.

I've done it on a MUCH LOWER level.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The break up was "months ago"?! And now she's getting married?

Lol.

Don't go.
yeah, uhm what? So, she is getting married within a year of even dating this guy? Go and **** her in the bathroom right after the ceremony. Its the only gentlemanly thing to do.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: