Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

Mentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I still dont know any black males that buys Eminem album.

lets get this straight. i respect Eminem as a MC and appreciate everything he has done for Hip Hop. he helped get Hip Hop to the mainstream.

that being said, i really dont know any black people that listen to him anymore. Hell, i dont even take D12 seriously.if there is any black folks that buys and listens to his catalogue, is there anything in his subject matter that you can relate to?
Mentally_Pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I still dont know any black males that buys Eminem album.

I don't BUY his albums but I have them all downloaded. I don't need to relate to music for it to be good. Good songs are good songs. Whether they're country, rap, rock, soul, jazz etc. If everyone only listened to music they could relate to no demographics would cross over and people would miss out on a lot of good shit
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know any black males that buy anything period... HIYO

jk

Last edited by heyhey : 08-13-2010 at 01:21 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

90 plus percent of hip hop sales is to white kids. Add in Asians and Indians and what you got left?

You could basically make the same thread about any hip hop artist.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

edit oops wrong thread
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
jk

I knew Kennedy wasn't dead. Shouldn't sign your posts if you don't want to get busted.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

Mentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMentally_Pretty has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
90 plus percent of hip hop sales is to white kids. Add in Asians and Indians and what you got left?

um...stop exaggerating the number.

the only albums that whites majority buy are Wu Tang, 50 Scent, Eminem. alot of white dudes i know are backpackers.

alot of black people bought BP3, The Carter, 808, and Thank Me Later.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan

On top of that you could make the same point about black males and any BLACK rapper.

Can I relate at all to Jay-Z? Nope. Not from Brooklyn, not a billionaire, never sold drugs, not married to Beyonce, don't own a yacht, not a part owner of an NBA team.

Can I relate at all to 50 Cent? Nope. Never been shot, don't have my own line of Vitamin Water, again, not a millionaire.

I'm a black kid from Cleveland that graduated college, moved to Pittsburgh, post on a message board and have $2000 to my name. Trust me there's no rappers that I can relate to any of their material
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentally_Pretty
um...stop exaggerating the number.

the only albums that whites majority buy are Wu Tang, 50 Scent, Eminem. alot of white dudes i know are backpackers.

alot of black people bought BP3, The Carter, 808, and Thank Me Later.

warning...idiot alert!

repeat

warning...idiot alert!

I love how you refute my statistic (which in reality is a well known approximation that is mentioned in every hip hop doc. of the last 20 years) and then come back with statistics of your own.

Its like you call me out for doing something and then do the same thing.

I take it those red cans are retard credits?
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
easydoesit
I airball my layups

easydoesit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
On top of that you could make the same point about black males and any BLACK rapper.

Can I relate at all to Jay-Z? Nope. Not from Brooklyn, not a billionaire, never sold drugs, not married to Beyonce, don't own a yacht, not a part owner of an NBA team.

Can I relate at all to 50 Cent? Nope. Never been shot, don't have my own line of Vitamin Water, again, not a millionaire.

I'm a black kid from Cleveland that graduated college, moved to Pittsburgh, post on a message board and have $2000 to my name. Trust me there's no rappers that I can relate to any of their material

Great Post. The assumption that people of the same skin colour somehow share a single common experience is ludicrous.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

Quote:

yes but Jay Z has alot of conscious records to match up with the ones he is boasting on.he raps about the black community, early pregnancies and how much it takes a black person to succeed.

alot of Eminem songs deal with corny sh1t,saying some homosexual lines, making fun of female celebrities. i mean just last year he went into war with Mariah Carey.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentally_Pretty
lets get this straight. i respect Eminem as a MC and appreciate everything he has done for Hip Hop. he helped get Hip Hop to the mainstream.

Rap music was already full-blown 'mainstream' before the Eminem era.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

another question is why dont alot of black people listen to Eminem?he hardly gets play on urban hip hop radio station. i've never heard 'not afraid' on the radio station before.

i've noticed that alot of Ems fans say 'i dont listen to rap,but i listen to Eminem'
Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Mentally_Pretty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Rap music was already full-blown 'mainstream' before the Eminem era.
i meant he has gotten alot of goth and death metal fans to listen to his music which has alot to do with his album sales.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Can I relate at all to Jay-Z? Nope. Not from Brooklyn, not a billionaire, never sold drugs

Jay-Z is far from being a billionaire, and I highly doubt he ever pushed 'real weight' as he proclaims in his earlier lyrics.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 08-13-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: