Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 49ers RB Glen Coffee, 23, RETIRES from NFL

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t-retirement/1

Quote:
At just 23, San Francisco 49ers RB Glen Coffee decided to retire on Friday.

A backup last year to Frank Gore, Coffee made the abrupt announcement two days before the 49ers' first preseason game at Indianapolis.

"This has been a tough decision for me to make, but at this time in my life I feel it is best for me that I move on from football," Coffee said in a statement, via the San Jose Mercury News.

"I appreciate what the 49ers, my teammates and coaches have done for me, and I wish them a blessed season and all the best in the future."

The 49ers selected Coffee with the 74th overall pick in 2009.

San Francisco coach Mike Singletary was surprised by Coffee's retirement.

"I appreciate his honesty and I appreciate him not coming out here and just going through the motions," he said.

It's weird to see, but with all the pro athletes you see that play their sport just because they're good at it or for the paycheck this is a good change of pace. Play football because you love it, and if you don't then move on and do something that you will love.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 49ers RB Glen Coffee, 23, RETIRES from NFL

Wow...shocked. He put on 10 more pounds of muscle this off season and at 23 want to retire?

I don't get it. Maybe he wants to be a minister?

Well I hope this means the Niners will SUCK that much more. I hate that team.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller

Blackisbig has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Wow...shocked. He put on 10 more pounds of muscle this off season and at 23 want to retire?

I don't get it. Maybe he wants to be a minister?

Well I hope this means the Niners will SUCK that much more. I hate that team.

Yea. From what I've read he is gonna become a priest or some such thing, and he said that his heart was never in football.
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reminds me of DT Quinn Pitcock. Colts drafted him I think three years ago out of Ohio State, had a pretty promising rookie year, then he was driving to camp the next season and just decided to retire. Indy released him or whatever a few weeks ago and like the next day he said he wanted to come back to the NFL and signed with Seattle. Weird stuff, like he didn't want to play for the Colts. He said he retired because he had a video game addiction, really.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i'd retire to if i was on the 49ers.

and LOL @ Croisner you talking about Napolean Kaufman?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: