Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #16
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Freemasonry

I've got to jet. I'll add more fuel to the thread when I get a chance.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
And what distinguishes them as such?

A cult has weird beliefs such as aliens coming to visit us, or an apocalypse, or Jesus coming back. A secret society is more of a club which tries to hide its existence from the rest of the world.

The Freemasons fall into the second category.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #18
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
A cult has weird beliefs such as aliens coming to visit us, or an apocalypse, or Jesus coming back. A secret society is more of a club which tries to hide its existence from the rest of the world.

The Freemasons fall into the second category.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #19
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

We have to remember that this is a secret society so expertise on them is hard to come by, unless one of us on here is a Mason and decides to share with us. However, we know that's impossible because that's part of there bylaws - secrecy.

From what I know from studying Crusaders and the origin of the Masons, they are a private society of "free-thinkers" with an apparent hierarchy and a certain set of bylaws that stem from their religious backgrounds and unyielding moral compass.

Basically, they were founded under the principles of Middle-Age stonemason's under the ideology of building and crafting. Building structures, foundations, but not what you may think. Social structures, new ways of thinking, and primarily government. They strive for supreme knowledge of everything, life, God, you name it. Do they pose a threat? Hardly. For all we know this is just another excuse for aristocrats to further separate themselves from the common man.

There is another theory that the last few Knights Templars and their descendants eventually turned into The Freemason's to avoid further prosecution from the Church.

Edit: I better get some rep son

Last edited by PistolPete : 08-14-2010 at 01:09 AM.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #20
SALFORD-RED
High School Starter

SALFORD-RED has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
That's exactly what I am talking about. A secret society making selective offers to outsiders (especially those with authoritative powers)? Sounds like strategic expansion.

Yeah they headhunt the people that will be of most use to them (civil servants, police, judges etc.) Like the other poster said I'm going to follow up with some additional enquiries to my uncle.

But trust me these fellas have an awful lot of clout in england, that is indusputable and lets face it they dont get together to swap recipes in secret. they are devious.

Edit - coincidence that was my 666th post

Last edited by SALFORD-RED : 08-14-2010 at 01:02 AM.
SALFORD-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
There is actually a masonic church by my old high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RRXgq2jW8

Also, does anyone know why these people are obsessed with owls? The giant owl in the Bohemian Grove. The owl on the dollar bill.
i got into reading about all this shit a while back. the owl symbolizes wisdom and it's called Moloch. it's all got to do w/ old ass pagan crap. they set fire to a fake human and wear weird ass robes.

my great uncle was a freemason. at the end of his funeral, we had to leave the room because his freemason brothers had to perform a secret ceremony. true story.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:46 AM   #22
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALFORD-RED
Yeah they headhunt the people that will be of most use to them (civil servants, police, judges etc.) Like the other poster said I'm going to follow up with some additional enquiries to my uncle.

But trust me these fellas have an awful lot of clout in england, that is indusputable and lets face it they dont get together to swap recipes in secret. they are devious.

Edit - coincidence that was my 666th post

Did you know that Kobe's 81 point outbreak was his 666th regular season game? That's what first aroused my interest in the Illuminati and Free Masons. That can't be just a coincidence.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #23
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i got into reading about all this shit a while back. the owl symbolizes wisdom and it's called Moloch. it's all got to do w/ old ass pagan crap. they set fire to a fake human and wear weird ass robes.

my great uncle was a freemason. at the end of his funeral, we had to leave the room because his freemason brothers had to perform a secret ceremony. true story.

That's scary stuff.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #24
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove

Thank you for sharing your insights. It has truly been a blessing to us all.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #25
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove

BTW, I would still like to see the link showing me that there are actually tons of jobs available in Atlanta, and the only reason the city is seeing +10% unemployment is that the people are just too lazy.

K THX BAI
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

There's practically a million YouTube videos on Freemasonry conspiracies, etc.

From George Washington to LeBron James.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #27
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

back in my sophomore year of high school, our yearbook had this 'mystery thriller' theme thing to it with and ongoing story throughout the entire yearbook. it was something about there being a masonic lodge in the city where i'm from (waukegan, il) and something to do with some student.
i think everyone expects to go into a masonic lodge and see a temple nicolas cage would stumble across in a movie. but like sunsfan said, it's pretty much a frat house for middle-aged men. and it's funny how everyone talks about "SECRET" societies.. but damn near EVERYONE knows about them. i don't know how much i really believe in this stuff, i went through the whole phase my early high school years of being obsessed with conspiracy theories. however, i really can't deny that kanye, jay-z and rihanna use symbolism in their music videos that's way too related to masonic symbols to be a coincidence.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #28
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

My father is a freemason.

All I know is that they are definetly not killing people or planning coups.

Seriously, what they most do is charity work and help its members who are in trouble. I know they have secret handshakes to know if the person is a freemason. Of course I don't know how to do it cause I'm not part of it.

And it's not that elitist at all. You might be a rich man and have a poor guy above you in hierarchy. You will have to call him master and all that. And they all must believe in God, regardlesse of what religion.

They're mostly catholic where I live as well. The fundamentalist christians usually hate the freemasons, they say it's satanic and all. Believe me, my father is a religious man. He does not love Satan.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #29
lakers_forever

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

My father has an iron owl in his office. And that ceremony, my grandfather had it in his funeral.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
lakers_forever

I heard that president Lula of Brazil and Bush are freemasons. One is a lefttist, the other is, you know, Bush. It might tell why they are so different, yet had good relationship when Bush was president.

They tell this because of this handshake:
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: