Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your weekly preseason team observations

<< Auburn fan

i was really excited to watch the Texas so i could see Ben Tate......he got injured though and is out for the season

OT: *so since he wont play any regular season games this year does that mean he'll be a rookie next year too? (like in basketball)*
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow Tebow is playing horrible.

1. His release is so slow. Part of it is because he steps backwards with his left foot before he releases instead of firmly planting it.

2. Taking way to long to get rid of the ball. He just got rocked from behind and fumbled it but on the challenge it was ruled he was going forward.

3. Accuracy to the sidelines was off and nearly intercepted.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
If the vikes want to contend Sage is their QB. You just can't win with a QB like Tavaris Jackson at QB, Rosenfels is a pretty good QB as well. He just needs to not **** it up basically.

Incorrect.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #19
SayQueensbridge
I hit open layups

SayQueensbridge has decent reputation

Watched My Niners today ...

QBs: Alex Smith played okay. He had a interception that wasn't entirely his fault. Delanie Walker tipped the ball up but I guess Alex has to know his receivers better. He didn't overthrow/underthrow like usual. Most of his balls were on the money. David Carr is an okay back-up. He holds on the ball for way too long at times. I think playing behind the Texans line for so long ****ed him up. Nate Davis has potential, too bad he has a learning disability. The guy can really throw the ball.

RBs: Frank Gore didn't play today. I know he'll be fine. Michael Robinson is awful. He is a good special teams player but as a RB, if Frank Gore goes down and we have to rely on him we're screwed. The guy is garbage. Not to upset with Glen Coffees departure since Dixon came in and tore it up. The guy had some really impressive runs. Really physical and has good vision. I think he will be a good back-up.

WRs: Crabtree didn't play and I didn't see much of Morgan either. Hill had a bad drop but played okay. None of the recievers really stood out. Not worried though since Crabtree didn't play. Kyle Williams is a really good return man. The guy is quick.

TEs: Vernon Davis is a great blocker. He got wide open one time but Alex missed him. Hopefully by regular season they get their timing right because that was 7. Delanie Walker is a good recieving TE. He tipped a pass up though which caused an INT. Other then that he looked solid.

OL: Bass suprised me. Thought he was gonna play much worse feeling in for Heittmann. He is much more physical. Rachal and Davis got beat a few times. Both looked pretty good run blocking though. Iupati had a really good game. Got a strong push most the time. Staley was solid in pass protection and run blocking. He had a few mistakes but played well overall. The line should be good once they gel.

DL: **** Kentwan Balmer. Justin Smith played aggressive when he was in. Our line played pretty well for the most part, stopping the Colts offense after the fumble. Ricky Jean-Francois played pretty good feeling in for Aubrayo. The guy is undersized but strong. Once Franklin signs though are line should be good again. Barnes disrupted a few plays as well.

LBs: We have a lot of white guys as back ups. Patrick Willis didn't play so it's hard to judge them. Are LBs did a better job at creating pressure. No one really stood out too much. I don't even know if Bowman played. I heard he was doing well in camp though. We should have a sold LB group though.

CBs: I was really suprised when Nate Clements missed a tackle. He is a great open field tackler. It's the first preseason game though so I'm not worried. Shawntae Spencer is a really good 2nd CB. Tarrell Brown played good when he got in as well.

Ss: Michael Lewis is great against the run. He blew up a few plays. Dashon Goldson played solid as well, he can fly. Taylor Mays had a few bad plays in coverage but for a rookie looked alright. He made a nice open field tackle. I am excited to have him on the team though. Coaches are really high on him. He has all the tools to be great and really wants to be great. Reggie Smith had a solid game. Did good in coverage and had a pick 6. I give him an A+ on his Dougie. A lot of swag. A+ swag.
SayQueensbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, Eli just got busted in the head. He dropped back for a handoff and his helmet got popped off by contact then like 2 seconds later he got hit in the head by a helmet. BIG gash on his forehead, hopefully he's not concussed or anything.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Damn, Eli just got busted in the head. He dropped back for a handoff and his helmet got popped off by contact then like 2 seconds later he got hit in the head by a helmet. BIG gash on his forehead, hopefully he's not concussed or anything.
If he wasn't on your fantasy team would you really care all that much?

FF makes us all want to become medics.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
If he wasn't on your fantasy team would you really care all that much?

FF makes us all want to become medics.
Course I would man, I never like seeing a guy getting his head busted open.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #23
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Posterize did you catch the Chiefs?
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayQueensbridge
RBs: Frank Gore didn't play today. I know he'll be fine. Michael Robinson is awful. He is a good special teams player but as a RB, if Frank Gore goes down and we have to rely on him we're screwed. The guy is garbage. Not to upset with Glen Coffees departure since Dixon came in and tore it up. The guy had some really impressive runs. Really physical and has good vision. I think he will be a good back-up.
Anthony Dixon was a beast last night. Every touch i saw, he turned it upfield for 5 or 6+ yards...San fran got a great guy
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Didn't realize Eli's gash was 3 inches wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Posterize did you catch the Chiefs?
Didn't get to see it
Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was a nasty catch by Victor Cruz.

Santo looked good. Too bad he out the first 4 games.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #28
Mex-Laker
I hit open 5-footers

Mex-Laker has no real reputation yet.

Anyone have a link to watch Hard knocks this season..?!?
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Redskins:
McNabb looked slightly rusty on the first drive but was able to shake it off by leading the Skins to a touchdown. He had a nice run for a first down. Chris Cooley will be the Redskins' best reciever this year. I'm kind of nervous about the rest of our pass-catchers. Rex Grossman looked better than I thought he would. The offensive line wowed me and I think Trent Williams has a great future ahead of him. On defense, the DL seems ok. Haynesworth works well as a NT and allowed Perry RIley to go straight at the QB untouched one play. The secondary seems like it many force more turnovers this year than they have previously. It all comes down to whether Carlos Rogers can intercept the ball . My one concern is the linebackers. Andre Carter cannot cover for his life and Alexander didn't look either. Orakpo will be good rushing the passer but as a 3-4 LB he has some coverage responsibilities that really scare me. Fletcher is the one LB I'm really confident about. We need to get our old long snapper back, our new kicker is fine, and that Brandon Banks dude is a Beast
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Kevin Kolb - Looked very sharp for the 1st preseason game. Made some precise passes in the pocket and made some throws while rolling out of the pocket, also made some plays to get a first downs with his feet (2 carries, 15 yards). His stats would have been a little more pretty had Celek not dropped a pass in the end zone. 2 of his incompletions he locked onto a receiver from the snap and that's something he can't do. To end on a high note, he played 2 full series leading his team all the way down the field on both and was in the middle of a 99 yard drive on his 3rd series when the 2nd quarter started and the 2nd unit was brought in. DeSean gave his QB a "A plus plus plus" grade.

kolb looked sharp in spots but you failed to mention the 3 throws he forced..... 2 of them should have been picks and celek dropped another that shouldnt have been thrown into double coverage...

thats going to be the whole key to the season this year.... can kolb stay away from the ints....

he looked decent friday, but I saw a couple throws where his receiver was covered and he threw it anyway... he wont survive here if he does too much of that...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: