Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
ghettoracer
Learning to shoot layups

Default Nike Air Generate review (highly recommended) ~$45

I picked these up in Taipei, Taiwan on a closed out deal while strolling in the mall. It was about NT1300 (about $40 US). At the time I knew nothing about this shoe. I just test fitted it and they felt pretty good so I bought them. After I came home I researched it a bit and found that it gets really good reviews (high points are mainly, good looks, super comfy, durable, and great bang for the buck). The draw back is some people have had MAJOR noise issues with them. Apparently some people's shoe squeaks really loudly after a while, even while just walking. I've had mine for about 4 months now. I only use them in doors. I average 3 hours a day in them, 6 days a week. Yes I'm a ball fiend. :-) So far, ZERO complains. No sign of the noise problem for me at all. And this is by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever been in. I'm planning to buy couple of extra pairs to stock pile them. In the US they are on sale online at a few places and sells for like $40-45 all the times. It is a killer deal IMO. This technically a cross training shoes BTW. But it has excellent side support for basketball.

Just wanted to share my experience. :)

PS, my pair was made in Vietnam but the quality appears to be excellent.

I have the all black version like this:

Last edited by ghettoracer : 08-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
ghettoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
ghettoracer
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Nike Air Generate review (highly recommended) ~$45

So, I bought these back in March. it is no November and still play about 3 hours in them 6 days a week on average. 95% of the time indoors and occasional out door game here and there. They are very durable and wear very minimally. I'd say they still have 80-85% left. And my pair has no sign of the "loud squeaking noise" that some people have experienced.

Even the inside sole has held up extremely good. The "top layer" has not peel out/off at all. I highly recommend this shoe for anyone on a budget and don't want to pay over $50 a pair.
ghettoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: