Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default The religion thread

everyone state there religion and why.
also any type of miracle type thing thats ever happened to you.
i just like hearin these types of stories

i realize this will problem turn to a debate cause it always does

i am a christian. i was raised that way and i stayed a christian not just cause it was forced on me from birth but becuase my prayers have been answered and i have that faith

Last edited by LBJMVP : 08-15-2010 at 12:12 AM.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The religion thread

Apathetic. Cus I don't care.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Christian. After losing an arm in Afghanistan, I prayed and prayed to God and Jesus to heal me like He sometimes does for people with Cancer, and various other illnesses, and my prayers came true because I got a new arm!

Now I shall be eternally devoted to the cause!
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Christian. After losing an arm in Afghanistan, I prayed and prayed to God and Jesus to heal me like He sometimes does for people with Cancer, and various other illnesses, and my prayers came true because I got a new arm!

Now I shall be eternally devoted to the cause!

that what im talkin bout...
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #5
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

atheist, because i dont believe in fairy tales.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

DRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation here

My dad is Jewish, and my mom is Russian Orthodox. Although I'm officially RO, I consider myself to be both RO and Jewish. I celebrate Jewish holidays with my dad's side of the family, and I can usually visit Tel Aviv whenever I want, so long as I pay for my own plane ticket. Been going to Israel for three summers in a row now. I also celebrate RO holidays with my mom's side of the family, and I've visited Moscow once 6 years ago when I was in 6th grade.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im a christian because my parents were christian and raised me christian and im not really smart enough to think for myself so im gunna stay christian.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
guado
Serious playground baller

guado has an OK reputation so far

i've been raised catholic , but now i don't really care

i don't go to church , and passively participate in catholic rituals like lent.

having that in mind, if i were to marry, i wouldn't mind a catholic wedding, or "raising" my kids to be 'catholic"

they'll probably have a catholic baptism and go through their reconciliation, first communion, and probably confirmation.

if they decide catechism is boring and sucks then i won't force them to go.

part of it is because the catholic church is so ingrained in mexican culture that those rituals are seen more as a part of growing up, rather than a religious ritual (at least in my eyes)

i remember going to catechism not because i was devout or wanted to do my first communion really bad, but because it was more of a social club outside of school.
guado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #9
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

i was raised Christian as well. but now im not as religious as i once was, maybe cuz of all the beef between my family and other church members(preachers) as far as finances go. I can't stand when i see preachers who don't really involve themselves around the church members or the community itself.

for now, ill keep an open mind about God, and he can always step in to change my way of living at any given moment.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
widowmaker
I hit open layups

widowmaker has an OK reputation so far

raised christian. wandered for a while. came back to Christianity because i generally agree with the teachings of Jesus Christ, weather he himself existed or not. its a nice lifestyle.
widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

bump

got a question:

Do y'all believe that churches are growing in America(as in people building more churches, more people attending, more religious events, etc.) or are churches here falling apart or declining(as in scandals, corruption, lack of faith, etc.)?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #12
widowmaker
I hit open layups

widowmaker has an OK reputation so far

i would guess there are less churches being built. bc America seems to be in moral slippage right now. which historically happens in times of "peace". if ww3 started tmrw churches would pop up everywhere.
widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #13
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
i would guess there are less churches being built. bc America seems to be in moral slippage right now. which historically happens in times of "peace". if ww3 started tmrw churches would pop up everywhere.

^probably the case, i dunno if America would end up becoming so attached to God in times of despair, but i definitely see masses of people of all faiths who will join hand in hand and pray. At the same time, we gotta understand how to fight and work hard in order to solve our problems because prayers aren't enough.

Later this i know an event involving 50 different churches to meet at a beach town in order to pray for the future of the Oil Spill cleanup. i'm thinking there kinda wasting there time cuz, that oil is not going anywhere and some people are gonna be waiting for years to get their money back from BP.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: