Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default The Expendables = best movie of 2010

unreal sty on this movie the acting is sooo bada$s.... many mma moves in there and some funny moments.. stalone pullin armbars, austin tryin the rear nakeds haha just a fucking must see movie for everyone!
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Expendables = best movie of 2010

Better than Scott Pilgrim? Iffff you've seen it

Last edited by DirkNowitzki41 : 08-15-2010 at 12:44 AM.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

More like best movie ever.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Expendables was absolutely f*cking terrible.

The movie was supposed to be (or should have been) an homage to the over-the-top, and ridiculous, action movies.... yet had few moments that were truly epic or extraordinary.

It wasn't crazy enough to be good-cheesy, and quite frankly the action sequences were rather underwhelming.

Don't waste $10 on it... trust me.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
The Expendables was absolutely f*cking terrible.

The movie was supposed to be (or should have been) an homage to the over-the-top, and ridiculous, action movies.... yet had few moments that were truly epic or extraordinary.

It wasn't crazy enough to be good-cheesy, and quite frankly the action sequences were rather underwhelming.

Don't waste $10 on it... trust me.

chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungerball

Sounds like someone's butt is rather hurt from a completely unrelated topic.

Care to add anything to the conversation, or are you content just looking like a douche?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #7
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

it's smart for sly and crew to make this right now to capitalize both on the folks who legitimately love those types of movies AND the wave of ironic nostalgia that will lead to a bunch of wusses/hipsters/whatever you want to call them seeing the movie.

i was at a party last night where there were many of those types around and they were talking about it with their usual platitudes of "this will be the most awesome/badass movie ever."

i still can't get fully behind it, but i'll watch it on dvd.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i enjoyed it..it was exactly what i expected :)
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Maybe the most "entertaining" movie (not in my opinion) but certainly not the best. Sequences are too visually incoherent and vague; I don't have a problem if for some, the over-the-top violence camouflages the narrative weaknesses, however I would question your ability to critic movies if you call this movie anything but a guilty pleasure.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Movie was exactly what it was supposed to be. Long time since I felt so fulfilled after a movie experience. Turn your brain off at the door and just enjoy. 10/10 for me.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The reviews that I've read and heard so far have been all over the place. I heard some on the Opie & Anthony show that said it was really great, and read some on here that said it was trash. So, I don't know. I was planning on going to do a double feature and watch Inception/the Expendables but now that idea is scrap.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't wait to see it. Stallone is my favorite action star of all time and the movie has nothing but convincing action stars, this type of action movie has really been missing the last decade or so with a few exceptions.

Scott Pilgrim looks like trash. Stallone>>>>>Michael cera.

Last edited by ShaqAttack3234 : 08-16-2010 at 12:07 AM.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Movie was exactly what it was supposed to be. Long time since I felt so fulfilled after a movie experience. Turn your brain off at the door and just enjoy. 10/10 for me.

this is exactly how i feel

im sure its better than scott pilgram lmao that is for children
Old 08-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosso√er
Maybe the most "entertaining" movie (not in my opinion) but certainly not the best. Sequences are too visually incoherent and vague; I don't have a problem if for some, the over-the-top violence camouflages the narrative weaknesses, however I would question your ability to critic movies if you call this movie anything but a guilty pleasure.

believe me b i am by no means a movie critic
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Solid flick, throwback to the old 80s action movies, cheesy as hell, cats trying throw in some emotional depth which is corny but kinda works, couple OH SHIT moments (that downwards head kick and the knife scene). Randy Couture is a terrible actor but it was pretty awesome seeing him throw Steve Austin around with Greco-Roman, Mickey Rourke is the best actor in the thing, and the others just kinda **** shit up. Can't believe Jet Li loses two fistfights though.

was real entertained but don't expect Citizen Kane. expect Soldier or Predator or Rambo.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: