Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default When do you get involved in domestic disputes if ever?

So last week I hear this couple arguing...well the guy was ranting to be more specific. Calling his wife [they still had the tux and wedding dress on] all kinda names, cussing up a storm, and posturing like he was all hard.

I ignored that mess for a minute but then it got louder and louder and started to scare the people around chilling [I live downtown] and my son.

So I looks to see what's hapnin and the guy tries to identify with me and tells me this story about how the wedding day was going bad [I wasn't trying to hear that shit].

I placated him, while saying "Aye man you gotta shill out, there are kids and ladies, and nice people around here man you are scaring them."

He agrees and I go back to my perch.

So minutes later it gets worse and I hear banging and screaming and such and I look again and the dude has his shirt off and he's bleeding about the chest.

Now my son and neighbors are looking at me all crazy like, "wtf you gon do" [my son thinks I'm a hero because I was a soldier, lol] and I'm like wtf, this dude really needs to calm down before someone calls the cops on him.

So I go around the corner again and his wife is crying, he's irrate, and like I said he's got blood all over his chest....he was drunk as a skunk.

Again, I say...."man you gotta calm down" all the while his wife is like "don't say anything to him just let me use your cell phone."

At this point I'm mad because he's pacing around with his flabby ass chest out and his Cholo tattoo trying to intimidate his wife on their wedding day.

So when I tell him to chill he kinda squares me up......so I square him up too and give him a look like I'm not scared of you man it's whatever.

Just like a ***** he backs down and starts arguing with his girl again.

So the cops came eventually....and even though dude was probably beating his wife they let him leave with her

I felt like a chump fpr stepping in but I would have really felt like a chump seeing my son's face if I didn't help the gal.

I know this story went long and there will be at least one "cool story bro" pics but IRL.....what would you do if you saw a guy beating/harassing a woman in public like that?

Last edited by Go Getter : 08-15-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Default Re: When do you get involved in domestic disputes if ever?

First thing I do if I sense physical harm to is about to come unnecessarily to a man who can't defend himself for whatever reason, a woman, or a child is call the police. If it's escalating too quickly where the police aren't a viable option to protect the livelihood of the victim, I consider it a moral obligation to step in.

This is just me, though.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
First thing I do if I sense physical harm to is about to come unnecessarily to a man who can't defend himself for whatever reason, a woman, or a child is call the police. If it's escalating too quickly where the police aren't a viable option to protect the livelihood of the victim, I consider it a moral obligation to step in.

This is just me, though.

At first I didn't think ole boy would get violent but then I saw him without his shirt, bleeding, and doing his little Cholo posturing and stuff and now my son is looking at me like I gotta do something.

Two days before this me and my boy helped this kid at the mall find his parents so he thinks we are like a "do-good" super hero team and we help people in need.

Where I'm from minding your business is key....idk if I would have said something in Chicago man too many people are crazy.

The guy made me mad personally by just acting all tough when he was drunk....plus, a tell tale sign of a punk is the way they treat their woman....I mean you don't have to talk to your wife like that in public....he was really making a scene and being disrespectful while she was trying her hardest to please him.

I always talk about "cap'n save ems" so it made me feel some kinda way....like I was being a hypocrite.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

How attractive was the wife?
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:29 AM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
How attractive was the wife?
She wasn't bad looking, lol.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
iamgine

Next time save yourself the trouble and just call the cops from the start.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Next time save yourself the trouble and just call the cops from the start.

I hate calling the cops on folks but yeah he deserved it the way he was acting.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

that happened to me the other day on the bus, it pulled into a stop and the wife wanted to get off (she was sitting next to the window) and the husband wouldn't let her out. they started up pushing and slapping which eventually spilled into the aisle and out the back doors. they were shoving each other so hard that they broke the doors and the bus driver had to call in a new bus (as far as i can tell there is a safety mechanism that if the bus doors aren't closing properly the bus won't move).

i didn't get involved, they were the lowest types of people and looked really grubby. i was on my way to university and had just had a shower lol, i was not going to get involved in that sort of nonsense.

Last edited by miller-time : 08-15-2010 at 08:22 AM.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

One thing I can't stand is nonsense around kids and women.

I don't care if I hate you or love you....if I see your moms or kids getting abused I'm going to have to step in.

A few months back we were all chillin at my friend's house and we heard this chick screaming and her boyfriend was apparently beating her.

We listened for a minute then yelled that the cops were coming and it died down.

It;s a guy that lives at the apartment complex that we call "Top Flight Security" because he's always in everyone business and patrolling the grounds and what do you know...."Top Flight" wasn't around when it happened.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: