Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 11-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far
Default JVG says V-Span to get more PT

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4353239.html

No mention of Bonzi getting off the bench yet...even I've gotta start wondering if Jeff is going to play Wells, although I am happy to see Vassilius on the court. He might be able to keep up with (or at least slow down) the Ben Gordons and Rip Hamiliton types that have been going off on us in the 4th quarter.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Good stuff. I really like his attitude. He just wants to help the team as much as possible and win. I think when he becomes comfortable with his shot he will be very good. He has the quickness, IQ, and and heart to be a great player in the league. Its unfortunate Snyder is hurt, but his absence shows this year we have more depth than the previous year.
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
kangaroostew
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kangaroostew has an OK reputation so far
Default Easy big fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRuled
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4353239.html

No mention of Bonzi getting off the bench yet...even I've gotta start wondering if Jeff is going to play Wells, although I am happy to see Vassilius on the court. He might be able to keep up with (or at least slow down) the Ben Gordons and Rip Hamiliton types that have been going off on us in the 4th quarter.

V Span is not exactly a defensive stopper. It is good to see him get some court time as long as he is not the turnover machine he was in preseason. It would be even better to see Bonzi emerge as a player instead of a $2mm+ paperweight. I trust JVG knows how to log wins, but Novak has disappeared, Bonzi remains a non-factor, and Padgett has replaced an injured Hayes in an inside role.
kangaroostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

I don't expect V-Span to be a defensive stopper, but I'm hoping his constant motor might help him keep up with some of these guards who torch us in the 4th quarter. Just the energy he brings might help slow them down. And JVG said he would prolly move V-Sapn more to the 2-spot until his turnovers cut down.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: