Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Any P90X Users?

I've been on the goal to losing weight lately and after that adding on a little bit a muscle through P90X. So far it's been going great. I got on the scale two Fridays ago the weight said 241.2. I thought to myself "Damn, I've left my Billy Mays ass go really bad." So that Friday I took out all my bad snacks I have during the day, replaced with with low-calories/low-carbohydrate snacks. And I had decent portions for breakfast/lunch/dinner. To my estimates I probably cut out 2500-3000 calories in my ugly diet because of the snacks I was having. Also I decided to run on a treadmill for 30 minutes each day.

One week later I weighed myself in the morning the next Friday and the scale said 235.6. So I've already dropped 5.6 pounds in a week. The only time I ever dropped more week was when I was sick for 4 days. I went from 239 pounds down to 226.

Anyway my first big goal is to get down to about maybe 215-ish and possibly starting P90X. The reason I want to start P90X later is for one, it's really intimidating. And two, the whole program is mainly based around strength training. Over half of it in fact. So you actually don't see a big weight lost because as your burning the fat off, you're gaining muscle. My goal is to lose the fat first.

So has anyone used it for an extended period of time? Did you go through the whole 13-week process of it? What are you opinions of it? Were you satisfied?

Thank you.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Any P90X Users?

You cut out 2500-3000 calories? Damn man how much/what were you eating?

Never tried P90x, between biking and shooting hoops I have always kept healthy
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Try INSANITY

you don't need anything but the DVD. no weights, stretching bands, pull up bars, etc.

its intense training with very very few breaks. its a 2 month thing. try it out
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have never tried P90X, but I know people who have done it, and if you keep up with it, it will work.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
caliballer
I hit open layups

caliballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I have never tried P90X, but I know people who have done it, and if you keep up with it, it will work.

This

Don't miss workouts, keep your diet in check and you will see results.
caliballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, the first bunch of weight is always easiest when you're that heavy to begin with (no offense intended of course).

As I'm sure you know, P90x is very time intensive and it is pretty hard to be disciplined about it for a long period of time. But, it definitely does work but diet is also a big part of it. I burned fat and got more cut, but I didn't really like the slimming down effect it had on me so I got off. However, since slimming down and cutting seems to your main goal, I'd say its definitely a worthwhile investment.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

dman dude you drop 2500-3k calories? wtf how fat r u b lmao.. i doubt i even eat that much in a day when im not playin puck
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #8
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I only do Ab Ripper X, best ab workout I've done. Just doing that is intense.. I can only imagine what a full workout would be like.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have done a solid month of p90x before, great program if a little too intense to begin with and you really do need a chin up bar and a set of weights to get the most out of it.

Diet is 80% of losing fat and keeping it off, we don't always have time to exercise but we do always have to eat. Clean eating is a must!

ohh and meticode building muscle burns fat, if you were 230+ of muscle your body would be burning more calories just maintaining itself then being 230+ of fat. Building muscle will help you in burning body fat.

best of luck mate.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
You cut out 2500-3000 calories? Damn man how much/what were you eating?

Never tried P90x, between biking and shooting hoops I have always kept healthy
Let's just say you know a pack of Oreo's? I would eat that in one sitting. Or a pack of cookies that are 260 calories each and there is 12 of them. I could eat all those in one sitting. I was pigging big time.

Last edited by Meticode : 08-18-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once you start eating healthier, you'll feel a lot better, and you'll actually enjoy it and the taste of the food you're eating. It'll also be a lot easier saying no to the junk food.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #12
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so if you cut 2,500-3,000 calories already just how much calories were you taking in?6,000?unless iam completly wrong i think about 2,500 calories a days is healthy.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
so if you cut 2,500-3,000 calories already just how much calories were you taking in?6,000?unless iam completly wrong i think about 2,500 calories a days is healthy.
Not quite that high. Right now I've reduced my calorie intact to 1750-2000. I was doing about 4500-5000 a day.

There were days I would each a Wendy's meal with a Bacon Deluxe Triple large, fries and drink. that meal alone by itself is like 2500+ calories.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Angelsaurus Rex
I airball my layups

Angelsaurus Rex has an OK reputation so far

Here's a better idea, find a personal trainer, (and start training of course) take the supplement that he suggests, keep eating the same amount of calories, but replace the oreos/junk food with vegtables, meat, sandwhiches, and other healthy foods (again, ask your personal trainer). You'll be a lean, mean, muscle machince in no time.
Angelsaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #15
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

While we're on the topic of P90x and all those, are they good for adding mass or just for bigger guys to tone up/trim down?

My only problem is gaining mass. I'm already pretty toned and a decent size (5'9, 186) but I wanna get bigger. It's hard because I'm on a pretty tight budget and can only eat about one big meal a day with small meals/snacks built up around that.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: