Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
ABfor3
Keep it Trill

ABfor3 has decent reputation
Default Sources: Carmelo Anthony would play for Houston Rockets

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rade.interest/

Quote:
Multiple league sources familiar with his situation told SI.com that Anthony would also be open to signing a long-term deal with Houston or New Jersey should either of those teams offer the Nuggets an acceptable trade package.

I really like Carmelo and I think we have a very good team right now. Deep Bench and I was just wondering.
Are you guys willing to give up some key pieces to acquire Melo?
ABfor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sources: Carmelo Anthony would play for Houston Rockets

I'm sorry but I'm not buying those rumors. Why would Carmelo want to play in Houston?
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
I'm sorry but I'm not buying those rumors. Why would Carmelo want to play in Houston?

i feel the same way.....
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
Yea and why would he want to go to New Jersey? It was on the news so I don't know.

If this is true, Morey is probably already trying to make plans for him. I doubt that they would want someone like Brooks or Scola because they have Billups, Lawson, and Afflalo, and at the PF position they have Martin, Anderson, Nene, and Al Harrington. On another message board, someone posted this trade option.

Battier
Jeffries
Hill
Lee
2012 Swap

For:

Carmelo with the extension
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Why would he not want to play for Houston? I don't get that. Great GM and coach, pretty good history of being respectable and listed by Yahoo as the #1 city young people should want to live in.

Plus they can make a trade and still have talent left. Probably MArtin, one of Jeffries/Battier, one of Hill/Patterson, one of Taylor/Budinger and a combo of NY and Hou picks. NY '11 pick, Hou '12 pick, NY '13 pick(which they only own conditionally). That probably does it, plus Denver would want to send back JR Smith and maybe Balkman.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Why would he not want to play for Houston? I don't get that. Great GM and coach, pretty good history of being respectable and listed by Yahoo as the #1 city young people should want to live in.

Plus they can make a trade and still have talent left. Probably MArtin, one of Jeffries/Battier, one of Hill/Patterson, one of Taylor/Budinger and a combo of NY and Hou picks. NY '11 pick, Hou '12 pick, NY '13 pick(which they only own conditionally). That probably does it, plus Denver would want to send back JR Smith and maybe Balkman.

Exactly. If New York, New Jersey, and Houston are his 3 options, obviously Houston is the best team, and having him would make us better. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high lol.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
ABfor3
Keep it Trill

ABfor3 has decent reputation

I am saying.. He would be the next great thing in Houston basketball since Tracy McGrady.
Not so injury prone and very good teammate. I loved Mac but if Houston has a chance to land Carmelo Anthony then I think they should do what they can to acquire him. We will still have solid pieces to work around him nd then we can sign some other players from there..

I don't it till I see it but I'm hoping it will come through.

In Morey We Trust!
ABfor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus

houston has good things going, but the early rumors were that melo wanted to go east coast.....

this is the part that makes no sense.... if he goes to houston, why not stay in denver.

plus to add a lttle something else.... melo knows about as much as me about how yao is going to come off of surgery...... and face it houston is a lot less tempting without the big china man down low
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: