Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #811
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Boardwalk Empire (HBO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I think that's what they were implying with that short epilogue thing on the boardwalk too. There's been a significant time lapse that's happened between each season off screen, and I think what that was after the time lapse, and it seems like he's been somewhat of a recluse, or "dead" as you're saying. It seemed like that boardwalk was healthy again, I was expecting to catch a glimpse of Chalky's club, but didn't, and as of this point, who in the hell there doesn't know who Nucky is?

Did they actually show the former location of babbets being built over with something else? I don't remember them doing that. It didn't seem like time passed by cause Chalky's club wasn't there and it would be unrealistic for the club to be there so soon after.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #812
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Did they actually show the former location of babbets being built over with something else? I don't remember them doing that. It didn't seem like time passed by cause Chalky's club wasn't there and it would be unrealistic for the club to be there so soon after.

They didn't show it, but they also didn't show the blown out Babbets. It just seemed like the boardwalk was thriving again in general.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #813
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
That's what I was thinking, seemed like time had passed but we as the viewers were unaware of it and left to figure it out for ourselves.. maybe not though..

Because there is no TV, Internet, or radio?, very easy to become anonymous again and simply "disappear". So yes, I also thought it was strange when stranger asked "Are you Nucky Thompson?". I didn't make connection that some time probably passed........and Nucky hasn't even been seen in a while.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #814
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

This season started off kind of disappointing and really left me wondering if it was a huge mistake to get rid of Jimmy. However, the last two episodes of season 3 saved this show for me. I LOVED the last two episodes especially Richard "Terminator" Harrow in the season finale. Can't f*cking wait for season 4.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #815
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Because there is no TV, Internet, or radio?, very easy to become anonymous again and simply "disappear". So yes, I also thought it was strange when stranger asked "Are you Nucky Thompson?". I didn't make connection that some time probably passed........and Nucky hasn't even been seen in a while.

It takes years to become anonymous and for Nucky? He put himself out there so much in AC he was a popular figure. To think that popularity just goes away overnight is silly. Especially when so much bloodshed took place on the Boardwalk. When the mayor of AC said "I run this town not Nucky" the reporters laughed. You dont just disappear overnight when you're Nucky Thompson. What he can do is lay low, not be so engaging and friendly to people. Ending scene he simply stares down the person who questioned if he was Nucky. That person knows he is Nucky but the vibe given off is one that scared the guy. He's almost becoming unapproachable.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #816
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It takes years to become anonymous and for Nucky? He put himself out there so much in AC he was a popular figure. To think that popularity just goes away overnight is silly. Especially when so much bloodshed took place on the Boardwalk. When the mayor of AC said "I run this town not Nucky" the reporters laughed. You dont just disappear overnight when you're Nucky Thompson. What he can do is lay low, not be so engaging and friendly to people. Ending scene he simply stares down the person who questioned if he was Nucky. That person knows he is Nucky but the vibe given off is one that scared the guy. He's almost becoming unapproachable.
What I was going to say
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #817
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
This season started off kind of disappointing and really left me wondering if it was a huge mistake to get rid of Jimmy. However, the last two episodes of season 3 saved this show for me. I LOVED the last two episodes especially Richard "Terminator" Harrow in the season finale. Can't f*cking wait for season 4.

It should be a great one. They hired some big guns to get their writing team back on focus
The Wire Writers Dennis Lehane And George Pelecanos Headed To Boardwalk Empire For Season 4

In what can only be described as a brilliant move, HBO has tapped The Wire well for additional writers on the upcoming season of Boardwalk Empire. Despite some complaints, the third year of Terrence Winter's bootlegging drama has turned out great but that doesn't mean the help of novelists Dennis Lehane and George Pelecanos, both veterans of the Baltimore set sprawling drug series isn't welcome for Season 4.

The Boston Herald caught up with Lehane who was quick to attribute being offered the gig as a “creative consultant” for Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire to his latest novel which is also set during prohibition; “My guess is that someone at HBO read ‘Live By Night’ and thought it would be a good fit," before adding that he's "a huge fan of the show so it worked out nicely." I'm sure the subject matter of the recent novel came in handy in landing the job but let's be honest, with his credits, Lehane probably doesn't have too much trouble finding work.

Besides writing for The Wire, the Boston born author has penned several novels, many of which have been turned in to feature films including Clint Eastwood's Mystic River, Ben Affleck's Gone Baby Gone and Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island and Affleck - who couldn't be hotter at the moment thanks to Argo - is also looking to adapt the aforementioned Live By Night as his next picture.

George Pelecanos doesn't have the same big screen credits as Lehane but the experienced author who still works with David Simon on Treme (although I imagine his involvement is all but done with this being the show's last year) will also help shape the fourth season of Boardwalk Empire “once the bloodbath [of Season 3] is over.” Lehane's words. The Herald notes that he'll write the script for at least on episode but it isn't clear if the same can be said for Pelecanos. Either way, both additions are exciting and bode well for the future of bootlegging at HBO.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...n-4-49798.html
These guys know how to write crime drama
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #818
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
It should be a great one. They hired some big guns to get their writing team back on focus
The Wire Writers Dennis Lehane And George Pelecanos Headed To Boardwalk Empire For Season 4

In what can only be described as a brilliant move, HBO has tapped The Wire well for additional writers on the upcoming season of Boardwalk Empire. Despite some complaints, the third year of Terrence Winter's bootlegging drama has turned out great but that doesn't mean the help of novelists Dennis Lehane and George Pelecanos, both veterans of the Baltimore set sprawling drug series isn't welcome for Season 4.

The Boston Herald caught up with Lehane who was quick to attribute being offered the gig as a “creative consultant” for Season 4 of Boardwalk Empire to his latest novel which is also set during prohibition; “My guess is that someone at HBO read ‘Live By Night’ and thought it would be a good fit," before adding that he's "a huge fan of the show so it worked out nicely." I'm sure the subject matter of the recent novel came in handy in landing the job but let's be honest, with his credits, Lehane probably doesn't have too much trouble finding work.

Besides writing for The Wire, the Boston born author has penned several novels, many of which have been turned in to feature films including Clint Eastwood's Mystic River, Ben Affleck's Gone Baby Gone and Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island and Affleck - who couldn't be hotter at the moment thanks to Argo - is also looking to adapt the aforementioned Live By Night as his next picture.

George Pelecanos doesn't have the same big screen credits as Lehane but the experienced author who still works with David Simon on Treme (although I imagine his involvement is all but done with this being the show's last year) will also help shape the fourth season of Boardwalk Empire “once the bloodbath [of Season 3] is over.” Lehane's words. The Herald notes that he'll write the script for at least on episode but it isn't clear if the same can be said for Pelecanos. Either way, both additions are exciting and bode well for the future of bootlegging at HBO.

You got that right. I particularly like Pelacanos' Stefano novels. It's like True Crime but fiction, so it's got a nice clean narrative. And it's one thing for him to be credited as a writer and producer of The Wire, but if you dig into his specific scripts on The Wire, he's responsible for some of the best episodes, and frequently wrote the penultimate season episodes, those second to last episodes where shit so frequently went down. If you ever hear Pelacanos, he sounds like a badass. Gravelly voice, sounds like he's done a few shots over the years. He apparently didn't have much in the way of training. He just liked writing.
Lehane on the other hand is a highly trained author, and his novel credits up there speak for themselves, particularly when it comes to being able to convert to screen. Obviously Directors like the guy's stuff. Scorcese, Clint Eastwood, Ben Affleck. The guy does great stuff.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #819
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Nice. I read about this earlier this week. To think they might be able to top themselves after 3 great seasons is unbelievable. I hope some good actors guest star on the show next season.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #820
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some casting updates (I was in the casting director's office this week, pray for me ):

Quote:
Ron Livingston Joins 'Boardwalk Empire'

According to Entertainment Weekly, the "Office Space" and "Sex and the City" star will be a series regular on "Boardwalk Empire," playing a wealthy businessman who comes to town and gets attention from Gillian Darmody (Gretchen Mol).

Livingston's other TV credits include "The Practice," "Game Change" and "Band of Brothers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2772907.html

Quote:

Jeffrey Wright Joins HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire’ As New Regular

EXCLUSIVE: In his biggest series commitment to date, Jeffrey Wright has joined the cast of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire as a new series regular for the period drama’s upcoming fourth season. He will play Valentin Narcisse, Doctor of Divinity, philanthropist, student of culture and the man who runs Harlem. Season 4 is currently in production and will debut later this year. This marks Wright’s return to HBO where he has starred in several long-form projects, including film Boycott, in which he portrayed Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., landing an AFI Award, and mini-series Angels In America, which earned him an Emmy and Golden Globe for the role he originated onstage and won a Tony for. Wright recently wrapped The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Only Lovers Left Alive and The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete, which premiered at Sundance. Boardwalk Empire has been beefing up the cast heading into Season 4 with Wright and Ron Livingston as new regulars. The series is executive produced by creator Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, Tim Van Patten and Howard Korder and co-executive produced by Gene Kelly.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/jeff...s-new-regular/

Wright is one of the best, most underrated actors out there. The role sounds meaty and with the new writers on staff, we could see something special next season.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #821
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounds good to me, I'm ready for the next season!

Good luck to you sir!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #822
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

No reign goes unchallenged

Last edited by Anti Hero : 07-17-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #823
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I stopped watching when they killed Jimmy in season 2.
I've seen the clip of Richard Harrow shooting spree but that's it.
Jimmy was gangsta - cunning but with a short fuse.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #824
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispin69
I stopped watching when they killed Jimmy in season 2.
I've seen the clip of Richard Harrow shooting spree but that's it.
Jimmy was gangsta - cunning but with a short fuse.
Season 2 doesn't even hold season 3's jock strap.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #825
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

I've been seeing previews of season 4 and I can't wait. I have hbo now, but I d/led season 1-3 to catch up before I got HBO. I can't wait till september with Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down etc.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: