Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Weird Animals Of The WORLD!!!

COCONUT CRAB

GIANT ISOPOD

BLOBFISH

SPHYNX CAT

Actual owner that anaesthetised his cat for 3 hours to tattoo a pharoah
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Weird Animals Of The WORLD!!!

STAR-NOSED MOLE RAT

YETI CRAB

AYE-AYE

These poor little guys are on the endangered species list, but not just because of limited habitat, but because of native superstition. Many people native to Madagascar consider the aye-aye an omen of ill luck. For this reason they often have been killed on sight.

JERBOA

One of the niftiest little creatures I've come across. These guys are a cross between rabbit and kangaroo if you ask me.

Here are some cool videos of the Jerboa as a pet. They almost look cartoonish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnn-wMPU9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7uw5HLMuP0

MORE TO COME!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
Actual owner that anaesthetised his cat for 3 hours to tattoo a pharoah

That is awesome yet seems cruel at the same time.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I think i'd literally die on my feet if i walked to my garbage can and saw that shit
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember that bounty hunter chick on Avatar (cartoon) had one of those star nosed shrews that she would ride around on
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
PistolPete
The Pistol

MATA MATA TURTLE

PROBOSCIS MONKEY

ANGORA RABBIT

EMPEROR TAMARIN

RED PANDA

Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

Lol!

By the way, I've just been turned off to seafood. Fish and crab are a huge part of the filipino diet.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Red panda looks cool.

Mata mata turtle looks closely related to the salt water crocodile, just based on that 2nd pic. Head shares a lot of similarities.

That pic B-Low quoted is ****ing scary... That crab is huge.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #10
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've seen Red Panadas in zoos, but the first time I heard that name I was thinking 'OMG, a red giant panda! That's so cool!' and it turned out they looked nothing alike and were tiny. I've seen giant isopods at big seafood restaurant places in HK, the scary thing is is that there's the bay, and a sidewalk, and all the restaurants are on the sidewalk, and they would just have those creatures crawling around on the sidewalk (they can't move very far anyway). It was terrifying the first time I saw those.

The ones I remember the most are the ones with huge shells to the left of the picture.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I've seen Red Panadas in zoos, but the first time I heard that name I was thinking 'OMG, a red giant panda! That's so cool!' and it turned out they looked nothing alike and were tiny. I've seen giant isopods at big seafood restaurant places in HK, the scary thing is is that there's the bay, and a sidewalk, and all the restaurants are on the sidewalk, and they would just have those creatures crawling around on the sidewalk (they can't move very far anyway). It was terrifying the first time I saw those.

The ones I remember the most are the ones with huge shells to the left of the picture.

People eat those things there?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #12
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:

AYE-AYE

Aye-ayes tap on the trunks and branches of the trees they visit up to 8 times per second and listen to the echo produced to find hollow chambers inside. Once a chamber is found they chew a hole into the wood and get grubs out of that hole with their elongated and bony middle fingers The Aye-aye is often viewed as a harbinger of evil and killed on sight. Others believe that should one point its long middle finger at you, you were condemned to death.

Last edited by tpols : 08-19-2010 at 02:46 AM.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:45 AM   #13
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Aye-ayes tap on the trunks and branches of the trees they visit up to 8 times per second and listen to the echo produced to find hollow chambers inside. Once a chamber is found they chew a hole into the wood and get grubs out of that hole with their elongated and bony middle fingers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

Cite your sources
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #14
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
People eat those things there?

Have you ever seen Bizzare Foods with Anthony Zimmern on The Travel Channel? People will eat anything.

Looking at that picture though, I can't help but be reminded of how inhumane the conditions are at those markets. Most markets will have dead fish there, but other markets will have overly crowded tanks like the ones you see there.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #15
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn...
God has a great sense of humor...
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: