Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #46
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Weird Animals Of The WORLD!!!

Quote:
Invasion of the giant rats

HORRIFIED neighbours told yesterday how their homes are being invaded by giant rats - including a 30-INCH LONG monster that was shot dead.

The rodents, twice the size of common types, are plaguing an estate in Bradford, West Yorks, often appearing in kitchens and lounges.

It is feared some could be "super rats" from South America.

Pictured above is a monster 2½ft rat killed on the estate.
This was just reported yesterday. The article is continued here
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #47
TheGrassIsGreen
Why is...those things?

TheGrassIsGreen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!

Looks like a nutria.
TheGrassIsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #48
hookul
Kids at the park dunk on me

hookul has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
Looks like a nutria.

Wanted to say the same thing. Looks like an ordinary nutria to me. Or maybe a muskrat but I think those would be smaller. Sweet animals and nothing scary or aggressive at all although they make noises you would attribute to a much larger animal.
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #49
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I'm so happy Alberta is rat free.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:10 AM   #50
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I think i'd literally die on my feet if i walked to my garbage can and saw that shit
I'd run for 3 kms at least if I saw that.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #51
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For anyone that's played Earthbound:

macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #52
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #53
golddigger31
Decent playground baller

golddigger31 has decent reputationgolddigger31 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I think i'd literally die on my feet if i walked to my garbage can and saw that shit

Exactly to the T what I thought, the picture alone freaks me out
golddigger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #54
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
For anyone that's played Earthbound:

Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Earthbound FTW
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #55
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Rodents of Unusual Size are REAL?!?!?!

Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #56
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBURkKin_8#t=00m09s
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #57
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
COCONUT CRAB

GIANT ISOPOD

Dude. . .my ass would pucker up trying not to shit myself if I saw the coconut crab and giant isopod. Jesus!

Here's another crazy creature.

Giant Jellyfish

And here's a Python eating a sheep.

For some reason that came up when I was looking for giant jellyfish images. :P Looks hilarious though, figured it was worth posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

I'm totally using that image later. Hilarious! And repped.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #58
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not gonna lie most of those things even though they are pictures scared the living shit outta me.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #59
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Living in South Florida, we've come across a problem in the Everglades....too many damn snakes. There's a huge overpopulation of them due to natural habitat and no real predators out there, that they are devouring everything in sight. Some of these snakes are stupid though. They'll eat that sheep, yet die in the process.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #60
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Cool thread, I always thought these Heikegani crabs were pretty cool, as well as the story behind them....really you only need to start at 5.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNKt6gcEM8

Or if you dont feel like watching...here´s a quick recap....

Heikegani (平家蟹, ヘイケガニ) (Heikea japonica) is a species of crab native to Japan, with a shell that bears a pattern resembling a human face. It is locally believed that these crabs are reincarnations of the spirits of the Heike warriors defeated at the Battle of Dan-no-ura as told in The Tale of the Heike. The pattern of ridges on the carapace serves a very functional purpose as sites of muscle attachment. Similar patterns are found on species in many parts of the world, including fossilized remains.

Heikegani were used by Carl Sagan in his popular science television show Cosmos: A Personal Voyage as an example of unintentional artificial selection[1]. The story goes that the crabs with shells resembling Samurai were thrown back to the sea by the fishers on respect to the Heike warriors, while those not resembling Samurai were eaten, giving the former a greater chance of reproducing. [1] In other words, the more closely the crabs resemble a samurai face, the more likely they would be spared and thrown back.

and link....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heikegani
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: