Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,364
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

yeah, b....to hell w/ those damn masks!
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

i'm pretty much out of 9/11 sympathy. its so thrown in everyones faces constantly, more than any other tragedy, when it didn't affect most people. Mostly only people in/around New York. I don't see a difference between someones son dying in Iraq/Afghanistan, much less someone close to somebody dying in any other tragic accident, and yet 9/11 victims constantly demand this sympathy from the whole country, if not handouts for their loss. Its basically this HUGe guilt trip on the whole country of being sympathetic to it constantly. Its basically used as a propaganda for war against the Muslim religion which is pretty much a right based mentality, and so consistent with how they constantly generalize, and in line with why they get a rap for having a lot of racists in their party. they don't condemn the perpetrators, but the whole religion/race. its really how a lot of them think...

politicians play it up, and constantly cite it, since it makes them look good in terms of patriotic America acceptance/votes. Its just become this huge propaganda basis for a never-ending pursuit against terrorism, and pretty much the catalyst to us hastily rushing to war in Iraq/Afghanistan.

i'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy, but there are a lot of tragedies that affect different people, and those who lost are in the same boat as those who lost in any other tragic incident. the biggest difference is 9/11 victims guilt trip it, want reparations constantly, and expect everyone else to forever be held to their same feeling of loss, or be called unpatriotic. i'm pretty much done with the 9/11 sympathy for how much i hear it cited, and read about the victims wanting this and that through lawsuits, and whatever else they can make out on, while holding the rest of the country hostage to their patriotism guilt trip.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago
 
DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,245
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Yeah, I heard they agreed to build it elsewhere?
Also, I don't blame OP for not knowing what a "mosque" is. He's from fawkin Canada, the only time he's seen a Muslim was in MW2

Last edited by DRoseOwnsACamry : 08-19-2010 at 10:31 AM.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
DonD13
glew up ☆
 
DonD13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ☂
Posts: 15,657
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
He's from fawkin Canada, the only time he's seen a Muslim was in MW2

great comment!
repped
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,717
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

It is my understanding that building this mask is just a spare of the moment idea.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #21
DaniloGallinari
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i'm pretty much out of 9/11 sympathy. its so thrown in everyones faces constantly, more than any other tragedy, when it didn't affect most people. Mostly only people in/around New York. I don't see a difference between someones son dying in Iraq/Afghanistan, much less someone close to somebody dying in any other tragic accident, and yet 9/11 victims constantly demand this sympathy from the whole country, if not handouts for their loss. Its basically this HUGe guilt trip on the whole country of being sympathetic to it constantly. Its basically used as a propaganda for war against the Muslim religion which is pretty much a right based mentality, and so consistent with how they constantly generalize, and in line with why they get a rap for having a lot of racists in their party. they don't condemn the perpetrators, but the whole religion/race. its really how a lot of them think...

politicians play it up, and constantly cite it, since it makes them look good in terms of patriotic America acceptance/votes. Its just become this huge propaganda basis for a never-ending pursuit against terrorism, and pretty much the catalyst to us hastily rushing to war in Iraq/Afghanistan.

i'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy, but there are a lot of tragedies that affect different people, and those who lost are in the same boat as those who lost in any other tragic incident. the biggest difference is 9/11 victims guilt trip it, want reparations constantly, and expect everyone else to forever be held to their same feeling of loss, or be called unpatriotic. i'm pretty much done with the 9/11 sympathy for how much i hear it cited, and read about the victims wanting this and that through lawsuits, and whatever else they can make out on, while holding the rest of the country hostage to their patriotism guilt trip.

It must be fun talking out of your ass all the time without repercussions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'm almost certain Arab officials have decided to build elsewhere.
Where did you hear this? Just yesterday I was watching the news and they were still adamant about having it at the proposed site, which is a couple blocks away from the ground zero site and is also a mosque/community center. I saw officials saying they did not want to move it because they're following zoning codes and they got a good deal on the real estate because before it was just a run down Burlington Coat Factory. Then there were other people saying what's the big deal about it when it was just a BCF before, there's a Catholic church in the area, etc.

It's a pretty complicated issue, I see what people mean when they say they don't want it, but I just don't agree with that point of view. Another good point an official from a Muslim organization said is that for the people who want them to move away, how far is away? When does it get to a point when we are running a religion out of town? They're reaching opposition in building mosques in other parts of New York/New Jersey as well so eventually they have to stand firm in their position to build where they want as long as it follows code. I saw a poll on the subject that said ~60% of people are opposed to the building of it, but also around the same amount believe they have a right to build it.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 08-19-2010 at 12:58 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,415
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Where did you hear this? Just yesterday I was watching the news and they were still adamant about having it at the proposed site, which is a couple blocks away from the ground zero site and is also a mosque/community center. I saw officials saying they did not want to move it because they're following zoning codes and they got a good deal on the real estate because before it was just a run down Burlington Coat Factory. Then there were other people saying how are people saying the site is holy ground for us when it was just a BCF before, there's a Catholic church in the area, etc.

It's a pretty complicated issue, I see what people mean when they say they don't want it, but I just don't agree with that point of view.
yeah, pete dont know what he's talking about. i think the mayor proposed a new site yesterday. anyways, this group hasn't even started raising funds to build this "mask" yet.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Hawker
Banned
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,940
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
yeah, pete dont know what he's talking about. i think the mayor proposed a new site yesterday. anyways, this group hasn't even started raising funds to build this "mask" yet.

I think pete was making satire.

lol @ masks...How can anybody really be THAT dumb.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloGallinari
It must be fun talking out of your ass all the time without repercussions.
you seem to be an expert at it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
yeah, pete dont know what he's talking about. i think the mayor proposed a new site yesterday. anyways, this group hasn't even started raising funds to build this "mask" yet.
besides, its not even a mosque. I maintain that its within their constitutional right to locate a religious structure wherever the **** they please.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloGallinari
It must be fun talking out of your ass all the time without repercussions.


as usual you don't use logic to ever make a point, just ride bandwagons like the follower fgt you are.

argue my logic. too bad youre too brainwashed and politically correct by mainstream America and popular opinion. you're such a sorry ass poster here i don't know why you even bother commenting on anything since its never a independent thought of your own.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #28
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you seem to be an expert at it.


yeah really, its all this kid does. ditto'ing his butt buddy favorites here, its like he's got 3-4 cocks in his mouth all of the time. can't stand that kid, even worse is his handle is Gallinari. i mean talk about fotm bandwagons...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
Hawker
Banned
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,940
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i'm pretty much out of 9/11 sympathy. its so thrown in everyones faces constantly, more than any other tragedy, when it didn't affect most people. Mostly only people in/around New York. I don't see a difference between someones son dying in Iraq/Afghanistan, much less someone close to somebody dying in any other tragic accident, and yet 9/11 victims constantly demand this sympathy from the whole country, if not handouts for their loss. Its basically this HUGe guilt trip on the whole country of being sympathetic to it constantly. Its basically used as a propaganda for war against the Muslim religion which is pretty much a right based mentality, and so consistent with how they constantly generalize, and in line with why they get a rap for having a lot of racists in their party. they don't condemn the perpetrators, but the whole religion/race. its really how a lot of them think...

The only person I see generalizing here is you and you seem to identify yourself with the "left." Quit making yourself look like an idiot.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,313
Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero

what i find comical is that they are attacking the leader of the proposition by saying that he has terrorist ties etc. when in fact he is an advocate for antiterrorism and not only that, he was invited by the BUSH ADMINISTRATION to give presentations and speeched to FBI agents and military personnel post 9/11!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...administration
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy