Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #31
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How many people on ISH lost a friend/family member at the WTC on 9/11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i know what you mean. I said all that because of what is normal these days. The racist attitude that is being allowed by everyone is just preposterous ( for some reason i wanted to use this word today). Just look at the comments being made by people on tv and during the hall meetings against islam and its followers. This needs to be controlled right away before its too late. This is how hate and marginalization of people starts. The right in this country is getting out of hand....

Now hold on there player. When people start suggesting infringement on people's freedom in order to preserve order and safety that's where the true horror begins. You can't control what other people think nor should you want to. His friend is entitled to feel anything he wants as long as he is not subjugating others to his whims and actions.

to echo A clockwork orange. Would god rather us be good or the choice of goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

the sh!t is latex. When you are in the 5th grade there's nothing more fun than stretchy things
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #32
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: How many people on ISH lost a friend/family member at the WTC on 9/11?

I had an uncle who died in 9/11 Matthew Barnes Ladder 25, was in the South Tower when it collapsed, they didn't recover his body until St Patricks Day 2002
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #33
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not personally.

One of my friends father would have been but he was sick that week and was at home.

I have quite a few friends that do though. (I lived in CT for 4 years)
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #34
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No i didn't but i was in the twin towers myself two weeks earlier on a visit to NYC, which is kind of freaky.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #35
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
I had an uncle who died in 9/11 Matthew Barnes Ladder 25, was in the South Tower when it collapsed, they didn't recover his body until St Patricks Day 2002
sorry for your loss. He was a firefighter I take it? It is a shame how the first responders who developed serious health issues as a result of their heroism have been treated.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #36
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i dont know anyone but ill never forget that day.... twas a tuesday and I was in gr4 4. i went to st gabes elementary school portable 2 and my teacher was named mr dowds. it was ap retty intense day right after it happened we werent told why being only in grade 4 we would understand it........ there was no schoool the next day. i was pissed because that night i had a puck praccy and my mom didnt want me to go but at the time i didnt realize how seirous sh!t went down
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
and to be honest I didn't even know what the twin towers were at that point in my life.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How is it possible for someone not to know about the World Trade Centers? So the day the planes crashed into them that was the same day you had your heads removed from your ass? I didnt know anyone who worked at the WTC. But a close friends aunt died when the planes hit.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #39
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How is it possible for someone not to know about the World Trade Centers? So the day the planes crashed into them that was the same day you had your heads removed from your ass? I didnt know anyone who worked at the WTC. But a close friends aunt died when the planes hit.

he was a 9 year old ya stupid dipstick.

methinks its your head that needs removing.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #40
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Art class in 4th grade with mrs trout.

crazy day.

my best friend was there on september 10.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #41
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't lose anyone. But my mom lost a friend who she had dated in high school. She was pretty tore up about it, but didn't tell me why she was sad till awhile later.

I was in fifth grade was enjoying my tuesday, was getting ready to head to my next class when a teacher came in and rushed us all back into our classes because we went to lockdown. We got out early that day. and I, like the people my age, didn't know what the WTCs were. I knew the skyline, and in that essence I knew what they were but not the purpose behind them or anything.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #42
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ya, it was crazy. I didn't know the towers existed until it actually happened.

I didn't know anybody that died.

That's cuz u live another country (TX)
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
he was a 9 year old ya stupid dipstick.

methinks its your head that needs removing.

I'll take the hit for that one. Lost track of how old hawker was. Didnt realize he is just 18.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #44
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'll take the hit for that one. Lost track of how old hawker was. Didnt realize he is just 18.

ehh, I think I'm the dummy here.

I went through the whole thread a bit quickly before I responded so I missed Hawkers comment and saw what Rose wrote and mixed his comment with your response. Hawker has got to be like 21 - 23 at this point so he was treading the line on it being a bit off that he didn't know they existed.

Then again, there are quite a few people in this country that have never left their home towns, states or regions and never watch the media that would have let them know what they were.

I'm not surprised young kids wouldn't know about the towers if they weren't from the region.

Anyway, I'm quite the stupid dipstick too it seems.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #45
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

My parents were supposed to go on a plane to New York that day. They said the flight was either canceled or they decided not to go, can't remember. But this was hours before any of the tragic events happened.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: