Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

Default If the horrible play continues, when will Skiles be fired?

The last 3 games of the month are against the Sixers and Knicks. December's schedule is full of bad/Eastern conference teams. They should be above .500 by January. If they aren't (which judging by the lack of effort this team is putting out is a possibility) is January a good time to let Skiles go? Or should they let the season ride out and get a new coach when many could become available?

Skiles would be a very good college coach, as college kids are around for a maximum of 4 seasons. His dictator style wears off after a few years. Time is just about up for him.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

i remember arguing all summer in this forum about how the bulls weren't going to be that great. i think a 3-8 start is showing I'm probably right.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I agreed with you also, it is a very talented, yet streaky team with no consistent offensive player. I still don't think playoffs will happen though. Not to be bashing but the order of the playoff seeds I believe will be.....

1. cleveland 56 wins
2. miami 50 wins
3. detroit 50 wins
4. new jersey 47 wins
5. indiana 47 wins
6. orlando 45 wins
7. milawaukee 44 wins
8. washington 43 wins

This what I predicted at the BEFORE preason. For all those who don't believe, yeah Dwight Howard (16 pts 13 boards) will carry orlando to the playoffs. They seem to highly motivated by Grant Hill playing. They will be rewarded. This isn't hate. This is what the records reflect right now. The REAL truth
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
dak121
College superstar

In the horrible East the Bulls will still make the playoffs. Along with Phoenix they've played the strongest schedule in the league so far.

What I'm talking about is whether Skiles should be employed if they continue to struggle against weaker teams coming up in December. This team can still contend even with the huge flaws they have. The Eastern conference is terrible. It's just up to Skiles to coach them better, because he's not getting the job done so far.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

The Bulls usually play their best after the All Star Break, so this slow start isn't such a big deal. They'll rebound soon to a .500 record with a winning streak that will probably come this month going into December. I still don't see the Bulls finishing off with less than 45 wins. By seasons end I'm pretty sure they'll be over .500.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

For the record: SKILLES WILL NOT BE FIRED!!!!!

Thats like firing Phill Jackson if the Lakers started 1-10, It's not going to happen. Why? Because the Lakers will get better, this Bulls team started 0-9and made the playoffs, i'm not giving up on Skilles.

OK I admit they are not jelling consistently or playing consistently my one thing is this, Coach Skilles needs to settle on a lineup and go with it another factor, who will you get to coach this team? Larry Brown? Nice thought but he would command too much money and Charlotte is rumored to hire him and fire Bernie Bickerstaff.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:53 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
For the record: SKILLES WILL NOT BE FIRED!!!!!

Thats like firing Phill Jackson if the Lakers started 1-10, It's not going to happen. Why? Because the Lakers will get better, this Bulls team started 0-9and made the playoffs, i'm not giving up on Skilles.

OK I admit they are not jelling consistently or playing consistently my one thing is this, Coach Skilles needs to settle on a lineup and go with it another factor, who will you get to coach this team? Larry Brown? Nice thought but he would command too much money and Charlotte is rumored to hire him and fire Bernie Bickerstaff.

Skiles only mistake this season is trying to insert Ben Gordon in the starting line-up. He is your best player but, he is better on the bench similar to Jamal Crawford for my knicks. Skiles might get fired but its not his fault his best player is shooting 39%. Noce might be ur second best but he's shooting 41%. Luol Deng can't do it alone. Ben has been a bust early on based on his 15 mil he's gonna make this year.. All this is not Skiles fault. His backcourt getting torched by guys like AI and his 46 because his nartural backcourt is all under 6foot3 or lower is not his fault. Its truly an overachieving team and that should credited for it and not him getting fired for it. Not to be slinging dirt but have yall noticed Tyson Chandler is playing WAY better in the N O than Ben is now. Almost 12 rebounds a game. Aint that what Ben supposed to do? Plus N.O. is 8-5 right in the leagues toughest division.
Somewhere Tyce is laughing from the gut. Yall gave up on him WAY TOO SOON! He just turned 24 in october. But of course Skiles in my opinion should NOT be fired. Direct you attention to Paxson instead. He built this, not Skiles. He is OVERACHIEVING !
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Skilles won't be fired, just like Stan Van Gundy in Miami wasn't fired untill earlier this year when Pat Riley decided he wanted to coach again. I do not see Skilles being fired, Pax has his full confidence in him so Scott isn't going anywhere.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Skiles is here to stay, there's no one else that would look like a better fit as coach for this team.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Now if Pax can mediate the Big Ben Skilles headband thing...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: