Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Was the NBA forum always this bland and nitpicky?

My Paul Millsap thread (which is better than most of the crap in the main forum), garnered 3 replies, with 1 of them being my own reply.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
That's not anything too bad. Basic high school formula everyone learned and it was relevant to the discussion (some idiot thought how long you jumped affected flight time, when that's simply not true).

But the thing is everyone KNOWS what people mean when they say hangtime. It's just a term basketball fans use, have used, and will always use. They just mean he was in the air for a long time/dunked from far away. There was no need for a 4 page debate about the science of it or high school physics. People can't just say "that was a good dunk"...they have to show once again that they know more than everyone else and ruin a thread with pages of their nerd shit. These people honestly won't let themselves or other people just be entertained by something.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

B-Low, why didn't you respond to Petey Jr.?
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
B-Low, why didn't you respond to Petey Jr.?

I couldn't hear him. Tell him to speak up
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan Ū 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
My Paul Millsap thread (which is better than most of the crap in the main forum), garnered 3 replies, with 1 of them being my own reply.
Direct me to the thread please.

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

Last edited by Meticode : 08-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #21
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I couldn't hear him. Tell him to speak up

He's gone now. Hi died fro ma bad case of Gingivitis.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
He's gone now. Hi died fro ma bad case of Gingivitis.

RIP little guy
Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ISH needs to be like facebook. That way I can have a "friends" list and click on my friends walls to find out when they've posted in the NBA forum. Something like...

B-Low wrote in the thread was the NBA always this bland and nitpicky?
Hateraid wrote on B-Lows post
Posterize246 likes the thread get to know my views on the game...
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Meh, insidehoops is the last place I would go to for nba discussion. I'm pretty sure 80 percent of the population are filled with teenage fanboys who *** when their favorite superstar (kobe, bron) does something spectacular. There is no interesting topics or debates on that forum anymore. Just filled with retards and for some reason moderators aren't doing their job.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #25
oneeyeddeacon
I brick open layups

oneeyeddeacon has an OK reputation so far

The OTC forum can get pretty nasty too.
oneeyeddeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #26
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeddeacon
The OTC forum can get pretty nasty too.

Ya but the thing with OTC is most posters on here can spot when a troll is being a troll. And most of these posters will just mess around with the troll instead of taking them seriously, which is totally the opposite on nba forum. So many idiots feed trolls on NBA section, which creates dumb topics to be 50 pages of personal attacks and idiotic debate.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ever since I've started posting here, I've heard posters talk about how good this forum used to be.

Which means, of course, that it's all my fault.

Except for the physics hangtime argument. I refuse to accept any blame for that one.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcesswee
Just filled with retards and for some reason moderators aren't doing their job.
I do my "job" every day. But if you want me to read and selectively delete every single bad post in the NBA forum you're going to have to pay me some money. There's some dumb crap on there, sure, but that's an unfortunate part of letting people largely post whatever they want to about the NBA. If everything we thought was stupid got deleted there would be quite a bit of complaining in the other direction.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #29
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
You can't joke about ANYTHING in the NBA forum anymore. Everyone's so anxious to show that they have more NBA knowledge than anyone else that it's all serious business all the time.

l]

Problem is guys that really think about a topic , will also see the humor a poster makes.. my humor has always been pretty dry .. but if you are not blind you can eventually figure it out. About 1/2 my posts usually have some slight humor in them...
I have been called out on posts , as if I was an idiot ... and they never spotted my dry humor.
The young guys are nieve and only are way to serious , problem with those posters and threads , their insightfulness as well as experience is lacking.
If the NBA forum , would eliminate bandwagoneering Lakers , Kobe , Lebron and anything that comes down the pike in regards to players personal lives and just talk BBall ----- the forum would have cred.
-----------------------
I just noticed my post count is nearing 4500 !!!
No way in Hell would I of thought I would be on a forum and yet alone post that many times.
There is a reason for it ... some of you guys have great insight , stories and discussions about bball as well as OC.
:-)

Last edited by Jasper : 08-19-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BLow, hell yeah great example. Bunch of nerds getting into a shoving match in the school Library. Hey guys there is a school dance tonight. How about you go home and get ready for it?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: