Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #46
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm getting an agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
are those air jordan sneakers?

Yes sir !
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #47
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I got a lil video, messing around ahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisBqEAESUQ

Sketchy handles.

No disrespect but you look weak and so unD1 ball material. You say your 21?

Sign me up for the "pro" league you in.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #48
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Sketchy handles.

Ehh chill man you can't really judge someone until you play them or see them live... He plays in pro leagues and obviously takes ball seriously, so no point in hating for no reason.

As for D1 it looks like an uphill climb but it is for us all... I judge keep reminding myself that as long as your fundamentals are straight and my jumper is nice, I should be able to find my way somewhere.

Overall I enjoyed your last video of when you were 16, I'm 16 and I think we have somewhat similar games, good luck man
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #49
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sketchy handles.

20, turned one month ago.
I was kidding in that video lol
Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Sketchy handles.

Yo chill, this almost comes off as jealousy that he is making money playing pro ball and your not.

He was just messing around, he knows how to play the game hence, he is a pro basketball player. However, you are forgetting to factor in that he plays for Portugal, who isn't a powerhouse country in basketball, so every level in america starting from junior high is going to be vastly superior to what he has to play overall.

However, he can play and is most likely better than you.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #51
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Well I mean he is definitely right about the size factor. there is no way he can matchup with with the bigger/more physical guards defensively... But size can be gained, court vision like he has can't really be taught. I am also on the skeptical side, but it's not because of skill. I think he has a very good skillset. Size and athleticism would be the 2 major concerns. D-2? easily.
Swaggin916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #52
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yo chill, this almost comes off as jealousy that he is making money playing pro ball and your not.

He was just messing around, he knows how to play the game hence, he is a pro basketball player. However, you are forgetting to factor in that he plays for Portugal, who isn't a powerhouse country in basketball, so every level in america starting from junior high is going to be vastly superior to what he has to play overall.

However, he can play and is most likely better than you.

I clearly said no disrespect to the dude. So don't take it the wrong way, no way I'm jealous of a overseas basketball pro.

I respect that he plays pro but I don't think it's hard to get to that level.

I don't appreciate overseas basketball as much. I just don't think they are great since dudes that don't make the NBA can go there and take over games. Again, I don't mean it in a bad way. Just saying that since I knew guys that were pretty good here and didn't make it to the NBA. They've gone gone overseas and out played each and every player out there.

Don't know the case in Portugal but NBA seems like a long shot.

I played basketball at a high level for my age before I tore both my ACLs and fully dislocated my shoulder to a point I can't even sleep proper to this day. I have nothing to prove about my talent so don't bring that "he may be better than you" crap. My post wasn't directed that way anyway. Just saying NBA is a long shot from where your at. Especially at 20/21. Size will definitely be a problem, unless your really quick and have proper handles. Believe me any 12th man PG in the NBA can play ball really well.

Last edited by JerrySteakhouse : 08-24-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #53
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
I clearly said no disrespect to the dude. So don't take it the wrong way, no way I'm jealous of a overseas basketball pro.

I don't appreciate overseas basketball as much. I just don't think they are great since dudes that don't make the NBA can go there and take over games. Again, I don't mean it in a bad way. Just saying that since I knew guys that were pretty good here and didn't make it to the NBA. They've gone gone overseas and out played each and every player out there.

I played basketball at a high level for my age before I tore both my ACLs and fully dislocated my shoulder to a point I can't even sleep proper to this day. I have nothing to prove about my talent so don't bring that "he may be better than you" crap. My post wasn't directed that way anyway. Just saying NBA is a long shot from where your at. Especially at 20/21. Size will definitely be a problem, unless your really quick and have proper handles. Believe me any 12th man PG in the NBA can play ball really well.

Yeah man obviously not NBA, one step at a time, first college/ high level pro ball then see where it takes you.

Like I said I cant judge because I've never seen him live but sounds like a hard worker with fundamentals so playing somewhere in the college level is definitely possible.

Sorry to hear about your injuries though man, that really sucks
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #54
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

pro basketball is the best of the best. He clearly said he wants to play college division 1 basketball, not play in the NBA.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #55
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadefan11
Yeah man obviously not NBA, one step at a time, first college/ high level pro ball then see where it takes you.

Like I said I cant judge because I've never seen him live but sounds like a hard worker with fundamentals so playing somewhere in the college level is definitely possible.

Sorry to hear about your injuries though man, that really sucks

I'm not taking anything away from him. Like I said I respect that hes playing pro, that's usually not easy. I say usually because there are pro leagues overseas where average college ball players can play in and be good.

You can probably play in D2 college but D1 is really tough. I know guys who made high school basketball look like a joke and can barely play the way they were in high school.

You getting paid to play basketball, the one thing dudes dream of. Regardless where you are that is definitely good.

Also, thanks. Going through those injuries was the toughest time of my life. That's the moment I realized the difference between my dream and reality.

Quote:
pro basketball is the best of the best. He clearly said he wants to play college division 1 basketball, not play in the NBA.

D1 college basketball is not easy either. Again, I don't know the level of basketball being played in Portugal but D1 is no joke. Remember, decent dudes from D1 college basketball teams usually end up playing overseas as pros.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #56
Maga_1

I didn't take it personal, it's ok Jerry

And it's true, Portugal is not a very good league even in Europe but i've played outside the country in many tournments against Spanish teams and some other teams from Italia, France and Holland and we (team) did really well.

I understand your "affraid" of telling that i'm definitelly a Div1 college player, i really understand.
I can just say that my agent told me that i could do some tryouts in US next year if i wanted, ALL in Div1 colleges.

I'm gonna try to put some videos from this upcoming season to you guys see my game and my team (winning) ahah
Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 AM   #57
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I think I can speak for everyone here and say we all would like to see that

I want to watch your vid and go
Swaggin916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #58
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

I didnt read the whole thread, but I think people in the States never really get the idea of the different levels of `pro ball`in Europe. Comparing second league Portugal to a 1st league in a legit country is like comparing a UNC player to a bench player on a crappy JC college. There are a ton of guys playing overseas in bad leagues just barely scraping out a living that consider themselves `professional`players.....but you really have to look at it on a case by case basis to really know the level of ball they are playing at.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #59
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

yeayeayeayeayeayea do it mang. The advice you give is great. I would like to see what your full training is, so I can see the results it gives
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #60
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

good luck man, you seem like a really good dude, best of luck to you. keep us updated and don't give up.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: