Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Footwork During Shots

Im about to get some rest, so I'll make this quicker than I wanted.

Ive been working at a university basketball camp this week and a focus is my footwork. Never until now have I focused THIS MUCH on getting my feet set and having that foot form that really helps my shot. I've improved with my shot ever since doing this.

What do you guys think about footwork in your shots and how do you place your feet?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Footwork During Shots

With my shot, when I'm set, it's knees/toes bent a little inwards (dirk style), feet about shoulder width apart, and right foot about 6 inches in front of the left. If I'm not set, I'm sure my mechanics are similar, but it depends on how much space I create.

My footwork as a whole is very solid. I really know how to abuse my pivot foot and move at times 360 degrees with it. I love to post up and face up out of high posts... so footwork is a major part of my game.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having your feets set it's one of the most important things to make the shot. Balance, the jump, and correct position .. all depends on the footwork.
I saw some stats that my coach made that i score more from downtown when i put first my right foot and next the left foot and jump. Try to see that with your shoot.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Having your feets set it's one of the most important things to make the shot. Balance, the jump, and correct position .. all depends on the footwork.
I saw some stats that my coach made that i score more from downtown when i put first my right foot and next the left foot and jump. Try to see that with your shoot.
Interesting.

Thanks for the input so far guys :)
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Interesting.

Thanks for the input so far guys :)

You know this is all theory.
I always heard that shoot is always about repetition .. you can have a horrible form to shoot but if you can score in that way .. work just that way.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: