Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Some of my post moves

Yeah, I turned and I was like; "Whoops, wall in the way". Didn't run right through it. Should have done that but we were just playing around.

This fits in very well.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #17
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I have him in my 10

1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4. Magic
5. Kareem
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. Hakeem
9. Wilt
10. Russell (and it's only token from winning so many ships)

That season in like 88 or whatever it was when he averaged like 28, 15, and nearly 5 blocks was incredible... and the guy had the prettiest post game you'll ever see.

Yea the hook I can definitely work on the speed (it's new to me so I'm going to be a little slow) but it's a very difficult shot to contest (even if it's slow) because the release point is so far from the defender... which is why I barely have to jump while doing it too.

Yea I don't get great elevation so I kind of have to shoot the fadeaway while still turning. It also really makes it hard on the defender to recover and contest... but yea when I miss it's short cus I I'm shooting while I'm still turning and didn't get enough on it.

My left still needs work. I airballed 1 right before that but the rest I made or they rimmed out (I shot like 6 or 7 of them). I have a solid left, but it's definitely not my go to move and not a move I would probably try in the clutch I can confidently do it in the middle of a game tho.

Yea if the help came on that up and under I would just dish it off. Luckily for me, I don't play with many 6'8+ guys so I don't really have to worry so much about help D. People come over, but I can float it over them without too much of an issue. But yea i mean playing with those really big guys, they can come from the other side of the key and send that into the stands lol.... but that's if I didn't pass to their guy that they left and got an easy dunk

Nice to hear, I love hakeem, if I could choose an all time team to play on with me as the point, he would be my center

And do you ever face up on the block? Its easier to do in midrange, but rasheed wallace's face up bank shot he pulled out like 10 times in game 7 of the finals was incredible
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #18
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I have seen a video tutorial of MJ explaining his fade-away. Also about carrying the ball high. Of course carrying the ball low will result in more momentum but good defenders will get the ball from you every time. Of course you don't need to do it, just some advice.

I don't know man... I can honestly say I have never been stripped on that fadeaway. The Hook shot I am not sure, I just haven't done it enough. If I do get stripped tho, I will know exactly what I have to do to ensure it doesn't happen again

Quote:
Question:How long do you practice and how do you do it? I'm still developing a practice schedule.

I don't know... like yesterday I practiced for about 40 minutes on my post game, then for about 20 on a some crossover footwork. For me... If I could practice like this on a regular basis without completely destroying my knee (it's already pretty destroyed), then I would practice probably 4-5 times a week around 90 minutes a day.

Quote:
And do you ever face up on the block? Its easier to do in midrange, but rasheed wallace's face up bank shot he pulled out like 10 times in game 7 of the finals was incredible

Yea I face up a lot, especially from that left side. I did some faceup stuff too towards the end but the camera was off and I didn't know it. It depends where I catch the ball tho... sometimes I will purposely catch it higher so I can face up... but yea generally I like to have around 13-15 feet of space to face up otherwise I am just really too close to be a threat to drive. The face up jumpshot is one of my (if not my most) favorite moves. A lot of people just want to give you space and you can shoot it all day. I played ball last Sunday and it was pretty cool cus I was out at the 3 point line and I had the ball with my right foot as my pivot (which is uncomfortable for me) and had like a 6'4 lanky dude switched on me. He had to respect my drive so he kind of backed off at my jab steps... on like my 3rd one I just popped it with a quick release and drained it. I really try to practice that 3 point faceup shot cus if I can get that shot to fall enough... then people will need to get right up on me at the 3 point line giving me loads of space to get by them.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #19
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I don't know... like yesterday I practiced for about 40 minutes on my post game, then for about 20 on a some crossover footwork. For me... If I could practice like this on a regular basis without completely destroying my knee (it's already pretty destroyed), then I would practice probably 4-5 times a week around 90 minutes a day.

Oh? How long do you think I should practice my fundamentals? I'm doing form drills/dribbling drills/sprint drills. It kinda pisses me off to do them, because guys that just do whatever they want for 1 hour then play pick up are good. Even though I realized that the best people are always the ones who are the masters of fundamentals, it just still makes me go
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #20
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I would work on them as much as you can. Those guys who are good have either mastered the fundamentals at one point, or they just have played a lot and have a ton of experience. You won't be as good as you can be though if you haven't mastered the fundamentals. If you spend hours practicing, you will be better than all of them. When I played Madden... I played literally all the time, and it took me a couple years, but I became one of the best in the nation. I started out as a bum... I couldn't beat anybody online. Obviously there is a limit to what you can do if you aren't a physical specimen, but you can be very effective just by having great fundamentals.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflay
Oh? How long do you think I should practice my fundamentals? I'm doing form drills/dribbling drills/sprint drills. It kinda pisses me off to do them, because guys that just do whatever they want for 1 hour then play pick up are good. Even though I realized that the best people are always the ones who are the masters of fundamentals, it just still makes me go

Just play whenever you can. If you can have a day where you can ball for 4 or 5 hours getting in shots, games, dribbling drills it will boost your confidence and desire a ton. I do this a few times a week aside from my normal drills and it just builds your game a ton.
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #22
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflay

I really appreciate Stephen Curry- he's not that athletic, he's not big, not strong, not that fast, etc... but he's just so damn smart and skilled. Those are two things u dont' have to be born with and you can work on. Learn solid shooting fundamentals and learn how to play smart and you'll be an asset to any team.

If I can't play a actual game, I attack practice hard and I love it. Put some headphones on and go at it.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: