Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which young core impresses you the most for the future?

I like that 49ers bunch a lot. Willis and Davis are both total beastmode and the sky is the limit with Crabtree. Those Jets youngsters are crazy good too.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im with everyone regarding the packers. They're set at some key positions with great young talent.

The Steelers are probably a few youngsters away from being a contender. I expect Worilds to be a star in the future so he would be on my list. Give us one more draft class and ill feel great about our future.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I'm not gonna be a blatant homer and say THE BUCS! But, they gotta be in the top. Especially if they draft a RB in this next year's draft to eventually replace Caddy. Could you imagine if they have another poor season and draft in the top 5 and end up taking Ingram or another top RB? We'd be set at QB, WR, RB and TE for the next 8 or so years.

They have a young franchise QB in Freeman and they just drafted two WRs in this draft, with Mike Williams looking like he could bloom into a Pro Bowler. Give those 3 time, and it COULD end up being like a poor man's version of Manning/Harrison/Wayne trio that was so good for so many years. And no, I'm not saying Freeman=Manning or anything...just used it as an example. TB drafted all three of these guys in just two drafts with the plan to keep them together for the future and have them grow up together in the NFL.

And the Bucs' D is very bright considering they are very young at the most important positions. A DT trio of McCoy, Price and Roy Miller will perhaps be the best DT rotation in a couple of seasons. And our secondary will be good too, with THE most underrated safety, Tanard Jackson plus Aqib Talib and eventually Myron Lewis taking Ronde Barber's spot.

I'm not saying TB is the BEST on this list, but if you look at them deeply, they are set very well for the future.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #19
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

****ing Bucs, I like the Saints-Bucs rivalry better than the Falcon one because I lived in Tampa for about 4 years and managed to catch some Saints games in Raymond James. Much nicer than my visit to the ATL. I think the fans are better too, rival or not. I love how no matter how bad one or the other is, its always a pretty good game other than a few bad ones in the last 5-6 years.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #20
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

take Revis off that list (which looks to be the case) and that is like half the talent of those people...suddenly the Jets go toward the bottom of the totem pole as far as those names are concerned...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
take Revis off that list (which looks to be the case) and that is like half the talent of those people...suddenly the Jets go toward the bottom of the totem pole as far as those names are concerned...

Really? I'm by no means a Jets fan but Revis or not that defense will still be good. Kyle Wilson was great in college, I see no reason he won't be great in the pros. Cromartie is still a very good cb with good instincts. Shonn Greene was ridiculous in the playoffs, that will carry over and he's learning from one of the best. Sanchez will only get better and Santonio Holmes is still a big time WR. Also 2 young olineman. They still have a very good core without Revis.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Really? I'm by no means a Jets fan but Revis or not that defense will still be good. Kyle Wilson was great in college, I see no reason he won't be great in the pros. Cromartie is still a very good cb with good instincts. Shonn Greene was ridiculous in the playoffs, that will carry over and he's learning from one of the best. Sanchez will only get better and Santonio Holmes is still a big time WR. Also 2 young olineman. They still have a very good core without Revis.
yeah they do, but as far as this thread goes I think Revis makes all the difference when trying to argue them as the best of those listed...
Old 08-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
clipse026
Local High School Star

True, although I don't think they're the best anyway. I went with the Lions. Tons of young talented offensive players. They should be very fun to watch even if it takes them a few years to be respectable.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
True, although I don't think they're the best anyway. I went with the Lions. Tons of young talented offensive players. They should be very fun to watch even if it takes them a few years to be respectable.
ehh...too unproven...maybe Matt will be a stud, maybe not

we don't even really know if Suh is worth a shit...let's not already declare him the next Warren Sapp...

also Calvin, the only proven one, just came off a bad year...
Old 08-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
clipse026
Local High School Star

Thought this thread was about future potential. Almost every team on this list is too unproven. I didn't declare Suh anything either lol. But to be that dominant in college, no reason to believe he won't be a probowl quality player in the pros. And Calvin came off an injured year. He will be back to form this year and he has some help with Best and Sheffler.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #26
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Thought this thread was about future potential. Almost every team on this list is too unproven. I didn't declare Suh anything either lol. But to be that dominant in college, no reason to believe he won't be a probowl quality player in the pros. And Calvin came off an injured year. He will be back to form this year and he has some help with Best and Sheffler.
other than Dez, every single one of those Cowboys is proven...

cept maybe Free, but he played alot last year and was great...so he is somewhat proven...

Sam Bradford is the best unproven prospect in the NFL...
Old 08-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

There has to be another team the OP is forgetting... I need to do research.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #28
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
other than Dez, every single one of those Cowboys is proven...

cept maybe Free, but he played alot last year and was great...so he is somewhat proven...

Sam Bradford is the best unproven prospect in the NFL...

Notice the part where I said ALMOST every team on the list is unproven? Cowboys kind of qualify if they made the playoffs. Same with Green Bay.

I think Bradford will be a good qb but Eric Berry is going to look the best when this year is all said and done as far as unproven, rookie players.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm not gonna be a blatant homer and say THE BUCS! But, they gotta be in the top. Especially if they draft a RB in this next year's draft to eventually replace Caddy. Could you imagine if they have another poor season and draft in the top 5 and end up taking Ingram or another top RB? We'd be set at QB, WR, RB and TE for the next 8 or so years.

They have a young franchise QB in Freeman and they just drafted two WRs in this draft, with Mike Williams looking like he could bloom into a Pro Bowler. Give those 3 time, and it COULD end up being like a poor man's version of Manning/Harrison/Wayne trio that was so good for so many years. And no, I'm not saying Freeman=Manning or anything...just used it as an example. TB drafted all three of these guys in just two drafts with the plan to keep them together for the future and have them grow up together in the NFL.

And the Bucs' D is very bright considering they are very young at the most important positions. A DT trio of McCoy, Price and Roy Miller will perhaps be the best DT rotation in a couple of seasons. And our secondary will be good too, with THE most underrated safety, Tanard Jackson plus Aqib Talib and eventually Myron Lewis taking Ronde Barber's spot.

I'm not saying TB is the BEST on this list, but if you look at them deeply, they are set very well for the future.

How about those players play a single NFL game.. Besides Ruud, Jackson, Talib and Winslow all of those guys are unproven.. Don't get excited yet..

The 49ers or Jets probably have the best core. Willis, Gore, Davis are all arguably top 5 players in their position(willis and Davis can be best in their positions) Crabtree is a stud and every guy on that list has performed well so far besides the 2 rookies.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

The eagles. Kolb is going to have a great year with all those weapons: fastest, most dangerous deep threat in the league in desean, a top 5 TE in celek, and two tough guys with reliable hands in avant and maclin. Their passing game will be top notch, but I don't know about their running game.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: