Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: Why dropouts end up becoming millionaires

You must have noticed that going to school does not really guarantee you anything. The only thing it guarantees you is a middle class lifestyle. Yet we see dropouts becoming millionaires and making a living in business. This is the reason why:

Make sure you follow this model and ensure you understand every step because it gets complicated and clumsy very quickly.

Knowledge= Power

Money = B*Time

Power = Work/Time

Since Knowledge is Power;

Knowledge= Work/Time

Substitute Money= B*Time into the equation;

Knowledge= Work/Money

Multiplying both sides by Money and dividing by Knowledge,

Money = Work/Knowledge.

From the equation above, if knowledge goes down then money goes up everything being equal. In fact, lacking knowledge makes you the richest man in the world.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

your logic is flawed. yes, drop outs like dell or gates go on to become the richest ppl in the world, but the percentage that actually make it is tiny. education = security. dropping out = huge gamble that more likely then not crap you out.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
You must have noticed that going to school does not really guarantee you anything. The only thing it guarantees you is a middle class lifestyle. Yet we see dropouts becoming millionaires and making a living in business. This is the reason why:

Make sure you follow this model and ensure you understand every step because it gets complicated and clumsy very quickly.

Knowledge= Power

Money = B*Time

Power = Work/Time

Since Knowledge is Power;

Knowledge= Work/Time

Substitute Money= B*Time into the equation;

Knowledge= Work/Money

Multiplying both sides by Money and dividing by Knowledge,

Money = Work/Knowledge.

From the equation above, if knowledge goes down then money goes up everything being equal. In fact, lacking knowledge makes you the richest man in the world.

Yeah, why get an education when you can drop out and make millions of dollars. What the hell was I thinking.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

all women are evil. As women = Money x Time and Time = Money thus Women = Money squared. And since Money is the root of all evil, Girls = Evil.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Because you dont need a college degree. To be successfull. I just think you need a high school diploma and you need to be buisness smart. And you will be just fine. I guarentee it.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
Jerm

Money is the root of evil. Money isn't evil, so girls will be the square root of evil by your logic. So they're not quite there.

Quote:
your logic is flawed. yes, drop outs like dell or gates go on to become the richest ppl in the world, but the percentage that actually make it is tiny. education = security. dropping out = huge gamble that more likely then not crap you out.

The list is way longer than that. There are many millionaires who didn't go to college.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think ill risk it an get an education
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
all women are evil. As women = Money x Time and Time = Money thus Women = Money squared. And since Money is the root of all evil, Girls = Evil.

Money isnt evil people are but adding money to it is like throwing gas in a fire
Old 11-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
Jerm

Well Gain=Risk*Hardwork. So I advice you take the risk because without risk, there is no gain from the equation above.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Why cant you put hard work in at school and still get money it can work both ways but i want to continue ny education and go to college and earn my degree.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

some of the dropouts make it because they have nothing to lose, and that mindset helps them succeed. it takes the pressure off of ending up a failure...because currently they are in the same place if they HAD failed...nowhere to go but up.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well Gain=Risk*Hardwork. So I advice you take the risk because without risk, there is no gain from the equation above.
risk can also leave you bankrupt, and so your saying that hardwork has no benefit, doesnt make sense to me...
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

my point is how is dropping out hard work all the drop outs i know are lazy pieces of shyt who wouldnt do their work in school so they just quit going.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #14
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

wealth=[(work*time)+(goodluck-badluck)+(1/2creativity)+(1/2intelligence)]*confidence
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:

Money = Work/Knowledge.

Absurd.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: