Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #16
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

You can't pick an equation in a model out of context Jeff. It's in line with the whole model.

Quote:
risk can also leave you bankrupt, and so your saying that hardwork has no benefit, doesnt make sense to me...

Simple math. Hardwork and risk interact. Without one, the other is no good.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #17
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

ok ill give you this example then, a man dedicated to his work is working late at his job, his boss spots him working late and admires him for it, the next day he is promoted with a bigger salary, no risk involved yet a lot of hard work
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #18
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

It's not real.

It's just a cute fun thing for amusement purposes
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #19
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ok ill give you this example then, a man dedicated to his work is working late at his job, his boss spots him working late and admires him for it, the next day he is promoted with a bigger salary, no risk involved yet a lot of hard work

He'll forever remain mediocre. To get that extra benefit, you need to take risks. No risk, no gain.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #20
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

ummm a lot of millionaires are also folks who went to college and graduated.
for every bill gates there are thousands of losers who didn't make it.
The thing about gates et all is they are actually smart. They didn't drop out because they couldn't make it, they dropped out because they could.
School provides strcutre and a framework for the rest of us to build up on and have a stable life. It doesn't stop you from making millions by any means. You make millions based on your ideas and the ability to follow through on them. You don't just drop out of school and say I'll be a millionaire without having a clue what to do.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #21
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

This is just what stupid people tell themselves to feel better about themselves.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #22
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
He'll forever remain mediocre. To get that extra benefit, you need to take risks. No risk, no gain.
you said without one the other is not good though, when in fact it is
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #23
sportstownusa
Yup

sportstownusa has an OK reputation so far
Default dell and gates.

he used to make computers from his dorm here at UT. he was a really smart guy. He dropped out, because he already knew everything he needed to for his prototype computers. then he hired business ppl (who had degrees) to start the business. almost the same for gates, cept he concentrated on the software part. They dropped out cuz they had more knowledge than what their respective universities could offer, thus dropped out. but we all knew we were jus having fun with our cute equations.
sportstownusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #24
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
your logic is flawed. yes, drop outs like dell or gates go on to become the richest ppl in the world, but the percentage that actually make it is tiny. education = security. dropping out = huge gamble that more likely then not crap you out.

gates went to harvard thoe
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
You must have noticed that going to school does not really guarantee you anything. The only thing it guarantees you is a middle class lifestyle. Yet we see dropouts becoming millionaires and making a living in business. This is the reason why:

Make sure you follow this model and ensure you understand every step because it gets complicated and clumsy very quickly.

Knowledge= Power

Money = B*Time

Power = Work/Time

Since Knowledge is Power;

Knowledge= Work/Time

Substitute Money= B*Time into the equation;

Knowledge= Work/Money

Multiplying both sides by Money and dividing by Knowledge,

Money = Work/Knowledge.

From the equation above, if knowledge goes down then money goes up everything being equal. In fact, lacking knowledge makes you the richest man in the world.
A friend of mine made an equations similar to this, as to why women, are the root of all evil. :

Women= Time+Money

''Time is money''=Time=Money

Women= Money+Money

Women=A whole lotta money

''Money is the root of all evil''=Money=Root of all evil''

Women=Root of all evil

shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:22 AM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

stay in school kids.

is that a kazakhstanian in Jerm's avatar?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #27
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Because you dont need a college degree. To be successfull. I just think you need a high school diploma and you need to be buisness smart. And you will be just fine. I guarentee it.

After reading this advice, I think I'll go back and do post-grad after my year in Korea.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #28
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't like mass assumptions. It's like parents who find out their kid has Aspergers or Autism, and assume their kid is going to be a genius. It's only like 10% of those kids that are super smart, a large percentage can't cope socially and commit suicide.

Basically the only things you need to do to even think about being successful, is:
-Hard work
-Timing

Without those tewo things, you will never be successful, and that goes for any field.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #29
Heroin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Heroin has an OK reputation so far

the dropouts u talk about knew what theyre doing. they saw the opportunities to make big money. its y they quit school. they knew that staying in school for a few more years could cost them to lose chances to become what they saw they could become. they didnt just quit school b/c they knew they could become anything they wanted to be.

having a degree guarantees u have food on table. if living a normal life isnt a part of ur goals in life then u gotta do what u gotta do. stocks and bonds r quite a way. take risks, be sumthing or nothing. gl.
Heroin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #30
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this boardSCREWstonRockets is popular on this board

College is BULLSH!T and is one of the nations biggest scams that people don't know about. College is basically the Goverment's factory to create people how the goverment wants you to be. Basically, College students could be considered as "slaves" to the system.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: