Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here
Default Realistically Which NBA Player Do You Play Like?

i don't want to hear any LeBrons unless your turning the corner and finishing at or above rim every 4th time down.

LILOJ: i think i play like Russell Westbrook/Gilbert Areanas. A 6'3 PG similiar height. I rack up assists whenever I play, because of my style, a lot like how Westbrook does it. And I am a good rebounder for a PG, especially on offense rebounds. I use my ball handling, moves, triple threat a lot to get to the rim and I get a lot of steals since I gamble all the time. Here's some bball clips of me besides the open run like a month and 3/5th ago, all of them were from this week. I made it yesterday while I was watching the Grizzlies game. Mayo had 28 points and we still lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1Femw5EG4

Maga: Another PG. Easily Ricky Rubio ( though he isn't in the NBA yet) looks like his little brother out there, gettting assist after assists. Weaving his way into the lane, and has some nice finishing in traffic ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

Last edited by lilojmayo : 01-30-2010 at 06:33 PM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Realistically Which NBA Player Do You Play Like?

the first vid wont open cuz it says it has wmg content
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mo Williams. I'm a shooter.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

right now like Andre Miller (according to Maga ), I am getting closer to playing like Chauncey Billups.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Who's a pass-first, small, explosive guard who can grab rebounds and can't really shoot 3's all that well?

I play like Manu, for lack of a better example.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
Who's a pass-first, small, explosive guard who can grab rebounds and can't really shoot 3's all that well?

JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
the first vid wont open cuz it says it has wmg content
i changed the music it was copyright. NY-Knicks, yeah Chauncey is how everybody PG should strive to play like there isn't anything he can't do on the court.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG000

I was hoping for someone white... haha. Other than that, spot-on.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
I was hoping for someone white... haha. Other than that, spot-on.

lol, it is like see name. i was confused at first since Manu can shoot. but yeah Rondo fits the bill.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i changed the music it was copyright. NY-Knicks, yeah Chauncey is how everybody PG should strive to play like there isn't anything he can't do on the court.

I am a really big point guard with a very good post up game and a decent jumper. Of course I would want to become the leader and defender that Chauncey is. But if I play on a bad team I tend to play bad defense, I dont try to grab every rebound and I try to do too much on offense instead of playing my game. Unfortunately I haven't seen that many games of him in my life, it would help if I could really study his play against different defenses.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i don't want to hear any LeBrons unless your turning the corner and finishing at or above rim every 4th time down.

LILOJ: i think i play like Russell Westbrook/Gilbert Areanas. A 6'3 PG similiar height. I rack up assists whenever I play, because of my style, a lot like how Westbrook does it. And I am a good rebounder for a PG, especially on offense rebounds. I use my ball handling, moves, triple threat a lot to get to the rim and I get a lot of steals since I gamble all the time. Here's some bball clips of me besides the open run like a month and 3/5th ago, all of them were from this week. I made it yesterday while I was watching the Grizzlies game. Mayo had 28 points and we still lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1Femw5EG4

Maga: Another PG. Easily Ricky Rubio ( though he isn't in the NBA yet) looks like his little brother out there, gettting assist after assists. Weaving his way into the lane, and has some nice finishing in traffic ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

Damn bro, you got some excellent handles in that video. Are you ambidextrous? You got some pretty nice finishes with the left hand, and a killa crossover..

Ricky Rubio? Ahah not really, many people say that i'm like Kings' Sergio Rodriguez .. but i don't know why. Maybe this week i will make a video trainning with my fellas to see if i "can beat you" ahaha
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yea you have some real nice handles OJ. Those dudes ain't no competition for you lol... The way those short guys were passing the ball around back and forth standing under the basket and you ended up blocking one was funny. I have a feeling you and me would be guarding each other with you getting the best of me more often than not... I am one of those defenders who kind of depends on his guy not being able to go and/or finish with his left (or right if they are a lefty)

Maga you do you look and play and Rubio and that's that

Who do I play like? Hmm well I am pass first guy who plays well off of screens, can go either way/finish with either hand (I might even prefer to go left actually), and a rhythm shooter. I also like contact and can post. Not a great defender but play to an opponents weaknesses and can get in their head if they don't have a good all around game (Not you OJ or Maga lol)

So I would have to say I play like Chancey Billups and/or Paul Pierce (Love the step back when going left)

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 01-31-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #13
Steve Nash

Who is a undersized post player who rebounds well, cant shoot 3s, has an ok post game, a great mid game, and ok handles.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:42 AM   #14
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Undersized guy who sometimes looks to rove for an open shot but prefers to handle the ball and distribute. Can't shoot the threes great but decent, has a nice little jumper when open and over not tall guys, and can drive through the trees?

Defensively a shot blocker against same size or smaller players and does what I started calling the Chuck Hayes where you tie up the ball when the big guys drive with the ball low. Can also occasionally out-rebound the tall guys based on timing and basketball IQ?

Whoever does that, good luck making the comparisons. lol.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:00 AM   #15
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Undersized guy who sometimes looks to rove for an open shot but prefers to handle the ball and distribute. Can't shoot the threes great but decent, has a nice little jumper when open and over not tall guys, and can drive through the trees?

Defensively a shot blocker against same size or smaller players and does what I started calling the Chuck Hayes where you tie up the ball when the big guys drive with the ball low. Can also occasionally out-rebound the tall guys based on timing and basketball IQ?

Whoever does that, good luck making the comparisons. lol.

You are kind of like Ron Artest.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: