Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Eric Gordon

I don't know why but I just have this feeling that the Clips aren't going to extend Eric Gordon and that they might let him walk away.

He has been a bright spot since he has been with the Clips, but does anybody think he will ever develop into a PG?

As a undersize SG he gives up about 8 inches against the bigger SG's, but he can defend opposing PGs.

Plus, him and Baron give up size because the backcourt is undersized.

Then the Clips drafted Eric Bledsoe and Willie Warren, and the first thought that comes to mind is Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton the rookie backcourt from the Hornets and how they played good together when Chris Paul went down last season.

I'm not saying Bledsoe and Warren are going to be Collison and Thornton, but they bring size to the backcourt

(Bledsoe 6'1) and (Warren 6'4)

I just hope Eric Gordon will help the Clips become contenders this season or I see the Clips going on a youth movement.

Last edited by idizzle : 08-19-2010 at 09:07 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Default Re: Eric Gordon

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

He is listed at 6'3", probably an inch shorter, but most guys are listed at taller heights than they really are. Yes, he is undersized, but he is not giving up 8 inches on a nightly basis.

He is unlikely to develop into a point guard. he just does not have the consistent handle to be one, and he isn't enough of a playmaker. He is best fit as a shooting guard bc of his scoring ability with his range and penetration ability.

He would fit well with a big defensive point guard. He doesnt mesh well with Baron, and quite frankly, Baron is hindering his development. Clippers need Baron to be the leader of this team of youth, but he hardly fits the bill. He is a defensive liability, and he is not consistent offensively, at least as a Clipper. He was plying in a system that doesnt fit his skilset, hopefully Vinny gets the ball up the court more often.

I hope the Clippers keep him. he stated last year he was interested in signing a extension with them. If he does not return, it will because he himself wants to leave, not the clippers. He will leave if he is offered a lowball, or a better situation.

Also, you forget that Bledsoe is going to need to learn how to be a point guard. Wall handled the rock the majority of the time in Kentucky. Don't expect him to be on the caliber of Collison, who played 4 years in college as a point guard under great tutelage. Don't even expect him to come in and get consistent minutes. With his inexperience, and Foye in the mix, he will likely see sparring minutes. This is going to be a learning experience for him this season.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
My exact reaction..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He is listed at 6'3", probably an inch shorter, but most guys are listed at taller heights than they really are. Yes, he is undersized, but he is not giving up 8 inches on a nightly basis.

He is unlikely to develop into a point guard. he just does not have the consistent handle to be one, and he isn't enough of a playmaker. He is best fit as a shooting guard bc of his scoring ability with his range and penetration ability.

He would fit well with a big defensive point guard. He doesnt mesh well with Baron, and quite frankly, Baron is hindering his development. Clippers need Baron to be the leader of this team of youth, but he hardly fits the bill. He is a defensive liability, and he is not consistent offensively, at least as a Clipper. He was plying in a system that doesnt fit his skilset, hopefully Vinny gets the ball up the court more often.

I hope the Clippers keep him. he stated last year he was interested in signing a extension with them. If he does not return, it will because he himself wants to leave, not the clippers. He will leave if he is offered a lowball, or a better situation.

Also, you forget that Bledsoe is going to need to learn how to be a point guard. Wall handled the rock the majority of the time in Kentucky. Don't expect him to be on the caliber of Collison, who played 4 years in college as a point guard under great tutelage. Don't even expect him to come in and get consistent minutes. With his inexperience, and Foye in the mix, he will likely see sparring minutes. This is going to be a learning experience for him this season.

I get what you saying. Bledose actually averaged 20pts and 11ast in high school.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I get what you saying. Bledose actually averaged 20pts and 11ast in high school.

And Dajuan Wagner averaged 42.5 ppg his senior year in high school. Jacque Vaughn averaged 21ppg and 19apg his senior year....see where I am going with this??
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Kinda wish we brought back Shaun Livingston. I really think he would work well with EJ, DJ, and Blake
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Maybe only Boykins,Webb and Bogues have ever given up 8 inches regularly. Gordon will be just fine. He's strong with long enough arms. He's a very good SG and he and Blake are the future.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Kinda wish we brought back Shaun Livingston. I really think he would work well with EJ, DJ, and Blake

Me too.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

In the event that Eric Eazy E Gordon leaves the Clips where do you think he will end up?
Old 09-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

kid ain't going nowhere.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #12
EricGordon23
Good college starter

I really like him and Blake griffin. Although since he is my favorite player where he goes i go. I will still be a clips fan though because i my second favorite player is Blake griffin.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
kid ain't going nowhere.
QFT
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
kid ain't going nowhere.

You crazy. He even showing promise in these USA FIBA games.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
You crazy. He even showing promise in these USA FIBA games.
Im sure he meant that Eric Gordon will not be let go or traded. Not that hes not going to become a great player..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: