Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Udoh?

what is a realistic expectation for him this year?

im hoping you guys have heard something that I ahve not cause i am thining about drafting him on fantasy.... i know there is a bit of a wiat till he sees the court but the end of the year is most important in fantasy.

predict his stats for the season.... thanks in advance guys
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
caliballer
I hit open layups

caliballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Udoh?

Isn't he supposed to miss like 6 months? I don't think he's going to do much this year even when he returns. He may put up some rebounds but I don't see him scoring the ball at all.

Warriors should have drafted Monroe.
caliballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliballer
Isn't he supposed to miss like 6 months? I don't think he's going to do much this year even when he returns. He may put up some rebounds but I don't see him scoring the ball at all.

thanks.. i thought it was gonna be 6 months from the injury, but i will only use a late pick on him.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

Hope iam wrong but thats what i predict
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

wow that would be pathetic
Old 08-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
caliballer
I hit open layups

caliballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
If what you're looking for is fantasy advice I wouldn't suggest picking him up.
caliballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

After 3 years in college, Udoh hasn't really developed or improved his offensive skills. Last year, he wasn't even on the NBA radar. His lack of offense may work out for the Warriors though. He's a guy that isn't going to demand the ball while he rebounds and block shots which is exactly what this team needs. His lack of offense may make him a center in the league, much like Adonal Foyle or Ben Wallace and those aren't exactly bad things. Not great, but not bad in any way. This team has enough offensive-minded players with Lee, Curry, Ellis and Williams so Udoh does fill a need, but I still feel 6 was a reach in the draft. Being a rookie and injured, I don't expect him to see significant time on the court until towards the end of the season when they're out of the playoff picture. 4 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in about 18 minutes of play is what I foresee. In 2 years...12 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks will be his peak. I'd take that any time and twice on Sundays.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
I just dont see him getting any playing time if nelson is still there by the time he comes off his injury.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #9
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliballer

Exactly
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

Meh close enough

4.1 points 3.1 rebounds 1.5 blocks
Old 05-02-2011, 03:15 AM   #11
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

I guess he's alright as a defensive sixth man or something.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Udoh will be a good player in this league. he is better offensively than people give him credit for, and he is already a solid player on defense. hes a natural shot blocker with great timing. give him a couple of years and he will only get better. i like this pick
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #13
Beaver Love
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Beaver Love has an OK reputation so far

I didn't think so at the time, but Udoh was a good pick. His defense will prove mighty valuable as a safety net for Steph and Monta, two guys the media like to rip on for defense. And I am optimistic that his post game will improve. The thing is, even if he's an average offense center, he'd still be a valuable piece for his defense and work ethic (he seemed to rally from that injury pretty quickly and made concerted efforts to diversify his post moves). We still need more defenders, especially on the perimeter, if we want to be serious about making the playoffs.

I don't know who will be a free agent this offseason, or when this lockout that seems inevitable would end, but I like the options we have in the draft if we end up around 11 or 12. Markieff Morris has the body to be a defensive presence, one we could use over David Lee when we need interior D, and we wouldn't really need him to develop offensively right away. Chris Singleton can be a lockdown defender, depending on how well his recovery goes.
Beaver Love is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: